The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is it defo starting on the 23rd? last i checked they hadnt released a date for the uk, and the 23rd was when it was coming out on BBC america...
Reply 7341
Original post by Rascacielos

I thought it was just a big timey-wimey mess in no particular order?

Thus far every time the Doctor has met River, it's been earlier and earlier in her time line.

Having said that, she could be meeting him inbetween those times and she wouldn't let on because those would be *spoilers*
"Fear me, I've killed hundreds of Timelords."
Original post by Aula
Thus far every time the Doctor has met River, it's been earlier and earlier in her time line.

Having said that, she could be meeting him inbetween those times and she wouldn't let on because those would be *spoilers*

That's true.
If any of them has to die, it's going to be Rory. The show is called Doctor Who, so to kill him would be ridiculous. We have already seen River die. If Amy dies, that leaves just Rory, who is less of a central character than Amy and only makes sense in the context of Amy too. As far as I can tell, the only one they can really get away with killing off is Rory. Especially since they've done it once already, we're already emotionally prepared for it!
Spoilers -

Spoiler

:colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:

Why did they not do any Tennant naked scenes? :frown:

Because he's ten years older and less fit :p:
Original post by loonyplatypus

Now, I don't bat for the wrong team, but if I did, I imagine I'd bat more for DT than for Matteh.
You know which character I miss

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Oh Harriet. :rofl:

:erm:

I dunno...I'll have both DT & MS and Amy :colone:
Reply 7351
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
You know which character I miss

Spoiler

Spoiler

me too, but only really from that episode.
My thoughts entirely. It would be

Which one did you watch first?

I think the danger in the second episode was more, but the perceived danger in Blink was higher, simply because we'd never met them before and didn't really know how they rolled.

Expliquez.

Time of Angels before Blink- as I am relatively new to Dr Who (used to watch it on and off) I only saw Blink after seeing people mention it when discussing Time of the Angels
I just think that special effects and the atmosphere were better in TTOA, although Blink was pretty scary as well :smile: I just didn't like the fact that Dr was more of a background character in that episode.
Original post by TulipFields
Time of Angels before Blink- as I am relatively new to Dr Who (used to watch it on and off) I only saw Blink after seeing people mention it when discussing Time of the Angels
I just think that special effects and the atmosphere were better in TTOA, although Blink was pretty scary as well :smile: I just didn't like the fact that Dr was more of a background character in that episode.

Ah, my suspicions were confirmed. I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but I think you tend to see the first episode you watch as the scariest one. Blink probably didn't have the same effect on you because you knew what was coming. For the average first-time watcher of Blink, the lack of the Doctor's presence made it even more frightening!
Original post by loonyplatypus

10 years older, maybe. But still extremely fit. :nuts:
Original post by Dinendal Leralonde
Now, I don't bat for the wrong team, but if I did, I imagine I'd bat more for DT than for Matteh.

Without wanting to sound promiscuous, I'd bat both. :colone:
Reply 7356
Sorry if this has already been brought up but I didn't feel like reading through every post - Doctor isn't going to end up with Riversong, is he? Please someone say no.
Original post by tite23
Sorry if this has already been brought up but I didn't feel like reading through every post - Doctor isn't going to end up with Riversong, is he? Please someone say no.

I'm going to say no, but only because you asked me to.
Ah, my suspicions were confirmed. I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but I think you tend to see the first episode you watch as the scariest one. Blink probably didn't have the same effect on you because you knew what was coming. For the average first-time watcher of Blink, the lack of the Doctor's presence made it even more frightening!

Ah, I think I know what you mean - it's the same with books and their movie adaptions, if I read former, I always find movies better and vice versa :p:
But then I also found new angels more lethal- you could argue they killed people in both instances but the older ones sent you back in time which isn't the same as being sent into non-being. Sally's friend even found her man after being sen back :mmm:
Angels also remind me of the time when I got lost in a cemetery once :rofl:
Reply 7359
Original post by Dinendal Leralonde
I'm going to say no, but only because you asked me to.

Thanks.

Latest