The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Sorry I got distracted. :colondollar: Besides, it's only a few of us. Me thinks idea was a failure. :sad:

I don't think it was a failure, we had a lot of competition on TV tonight and it was quite quickly put together. With a bit more planning and a little bit of spreading the link around some other threads (:ninja:) it could be successful.
Sorry I got distracted. :colondollar: Besides, it's only a few of us. Me thinks idea was a failure. :sad:

I was there ! The idea wad brill, IMO, it's just that Dr Who probs has a wider appeal
Well, according to the trailer (and without going into spoilers) we'll be seeing another 'replica' very soon. I don't think it's a replica per se.

It wasn't someone opening the crack. The cracks were caused by the Tardis exploding in the future, they reached out to every moment in time and space. The Tardis exploding however was never explained. But it was implied some external force took control of it, and caused the explosion. And why that date? I think the difference in voice means different beings altogether. I think someone with an intimate knowledge of the Tardis is working with the Silents. Again speculated to be Omega due to all the Greek symbols both in series 5 and perhaps, in series 6.

It's either that or some machine they've developed to control the Tardis. I can't see one Silent controlling a Tardis. Maybe they have a master/emperor Silent with some supreme abilities. :ninja:

I'd love to see Omega. I'm sure they would have let slip something if Omega was a villain in this series though, he is a legend of course. :P

I don't think the suits are exactly the same, but they are similar. The suit of the Silent in the picture looks more ragged.

Spoiler

And on 0:49 on this video I presume that is an FBI agent, the suit looks different, as well as the tie. Although the tie in the picture could look different due to added on contrast effects.

Spoiler

But I think you are on to something with Omega, I just hope they do it well. Not like when they brought Davros. I thought it was going to be amazing, turned out not to be. :cool:
Well, according to the trailer (and without going into spoilers) we'll be seeing another 'replica' very soon. I don't think it's a replica per se.

It wasn't someone opening the crack. The cracks were caused by the Tardis exploding in the future, they reached out to every moment in time and space. The Tardis exploding however was never explained. But it was implied some external force took control of it, and caused the explosion. And why that date? I think the difference in voice means different beings altogether. I think someone with an intimate knowledge of the Tardis is working with the Silents. Again speculated to be Omega due to all the Greek symbols both in series 5 and perhaps, in series 6.

It's either that or some machine they've developed to control the Tardis. I can't see one Silent controlling a Tardis. Maybe they have a master/emperor Silent with some supreme abilities. :ninja:

Hmm, not many people would know the intimate knowledge of Tardis. I wonder where River fits into that.
Wasnt the date of explosion also the date of Amy's wedding? She is another interesting link :beard:
At last, the agonising wait has now been shortened to a week :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
*soexcitedsoexcitedsoexcited*
The mid-series break is going to be so much worse.
Reply 7666
Original post by sleekchic

Original post by sleekchic
The mid-series break is going to be so much worse.

I know, so not looking forward to that :sad:
Original post by TulipFields

I think they would communicate with people by means of telepathy or psychic ability, as Mr Messy said- given that they are Silents :p:

Original post by Mr.Messy
I think they may speak through telepathy or some sort of psychic ability, highly doubt they've got a mouth.

No mouth eh? It could just be a shadow, but I'm not sold on the communicating by psychic link. I think they talk.

I'd love to see Omega. I'm sure they would have let slip something if Omega was a villain in this series though, he is a legend of course. :P

I don't think the suits are exactly the same, but they are similar. The suit of the Silent in the picture looks more ragged.

Spoiler

And on 0:49 on this video I presume that is an FBI agent, the suit looks different, as well as the tie. Although the tie in the picture could look different due to added on contrast effects.

I'm not so sure about that for two reasons. In the trailer, there is some sort of experimental table when the Doctor is investigating. In the picture over, there is electricity hitting the Silent - some sort of process to become a Silent possibly or to reveal themselves as Silents? Their clothes could become easily ragged after the transformation, I mean look at their 'transformed' faces if you want 'ragged'. :tongue:

But yeah, you could be right and they may not be related. :smile:

Spoiler

That could also be referring to their powers. Not a spoiler as such since it has been revealed by Moffat himself, but one of their powers is when you stop looking at them, you forget you ever seen one. And this adds to the point of them being present throughout history. You see one, you freak out and look away for even a second and you completely forget you seen one. "You see them everyday"

But no one remembers. :holmes:
(edited 13 years ago)
No mouth eh? It could just be a shadow, but I'm not sold on the communicating by psychic link. I think they talk.

I'm not so sure about that for two reasons. In the trailer, there is some sort of experimental table when the Doctor is investigating. In the picture over, there is electricity hitting the Silent - some sort of process to become a Silent possibly or to reveal themselves as Silents? Their clothes could become easily ragged after the transformation, I mean look at their 'transformed' faces if you want 'ragged'. :tongue:

But yeah, you could be right and they may not be related. :smile:

That could also be referring to their powers. Not a spoiler as such since it has been revealed by Moffat himself, but one of their powers is when you stop looking at them, you forget you ever seen one. And this adds to the point of them being present throughout history. You see one, you freak out and look away for even a second and you completely forget you seen one. "You see them everyday"

Interesting thoughts. I think the Silents will be back towards the end of the season. SM has been building up this 'silence will fall' story since the beginning of the last season, and I doubt he will put it to rest in a two parter in the beginning of this season.

Wasn't much of a spoiler but I just didn't want to give anything away to those who didn't watch the clip :P
I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but this is what The Silence will look like. I like it that they're going to try and make The Silence an iconic villain.

Spoiler

Oh, I'll bet they do, and when they open it (probably to suck out your soul or something), it'll be ****ing creepy as hell!

Also

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Did someone not say they could take different physical forms. So they could 'talk' through other people perhaps. :holmes:
Reply 7671

This is going to be an episode that results in watching over your shoulder. :afraid:
I thought they might need to "possess" a physical body, as they're non-corporeal themselves. Which is why their heads are cyberman-esque (possess the Cyberman's flesh and blood core and remove the cybernetics).

Spoiler

That's just one of my less likely ideas though.

Where was that clip from?

Also I'm currently watching this.

Americans got to see the premier in New York before any one in Britain. I hate it when the BBC does this.. :colone:

Also, close ups of Silents...

Spoiler

Americans got to see the premier in New York before any one in Britain. I hate it when the BBC does this.. :colone:

Also, close ups of Silents...

Spoiler

Your first statement is not true - the UK premiere was first. And the close up of the Silents is quite old.
Original post by LastLordofTime
Your first statement is not true - the UK premiere was first. And the close up of the Silents is quite old.

Oh ok. Thought they did. :colondollar:

:ahee:
Reply 7678
Original post by Phobia27

Original post by Phobia27

:ahee:

:mmm: we had a discussion in the pub last night about how Rory is the perfect guy (one of the other girls said she kept telling her boyfriend this - he didn't look so impressed)
Two pics from trailers of the Silents using their other power. Didn't spoiler it since it was in the trailer. One is from the old trailer, and one is from a new one.

Spoiler

Actually spoilering it is best. Pictures are large.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest