The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muffinz
How can Moffat kill off the Doctor, as Matt Smith, in the first ****ing five minutes?! That's basicalyl telling everyone "this is the last doctor. ****ing bite me." Well **** him! He's a dick. I want the other guy back as the main writer.

I think you've missed the point.
Reply 7981
Errr the silents are creepy
Original post by sleekchic
TELL MEEE. Please. :puppyeyes:
Ask Ape, not sure if I kept his PM to me :frown:
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
Time can be rewritten :smile:

River said that this couldn't though!
Time can be rewritten :smile:

I doubt it will, not in the sense of changing the opening scene because that would render the entire series meaningless.

I'm guessing there will be some other explanation. Some back up regeneration or some way to restore him.
Wow, that was so good! :smile:
Reply 7986
Original post by Muffinz

Original post by Muffinz
How can Moffat kill off the Doctor, as Matt Smith, in the first ****ing five minutes?! That's basicalyl telling everyone "this is the last doctor. ****ing bite me." Well **** him! He's a dick. I want the other guy back as the main writer.

Yeah, time can be rewritten. I suspect a large part of this series will be them getting around that so he doesn't die.
Original post by sheep_go_baa
Hmm, but surely River would remember beforehand that she had made that phone call etc.

But it would be interesting if it is, it would certainly link in with the whole travelling in opposite directions stuff.

DOCTOR,
Y U NO LIVE FOREVER AND EVER?

Hmm, true , she would have remembered :erm: the worst day for her is when he doesn't remember her- which is in Silence in the library :s:
He has to live forever and ever :stomp: :fuhrer: anyway, I bet he will :colonhash: they can't kill the doctor!!!!
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I doubt it will, not in the sense of changing the opening scene because that would render the entire series meaningless.

I'm guessing there will be some other explanation. Some back up regeneration or some way to restore him.

Well indeed, think of DoctorDonna 'hand' sort of backup.

But if they made a storyline specifically to rewrite that piece of history, then it wouldn't really be a cop-out.
Original post by Muffinz
River said that this couldn't though!

It might not even be THE Doctor, just sayin'.
Original post by sleekchic
The ship from The Lodger. I mean really.

Oh and the little girl in the spaceship. I can't work out whether she's really just like generated image from The Lodger but if she was then she wouldn't have had the powers she had in the beginning so that's crossed out. I'm guessing it's something like being stuck in the suit so you need to kill someone in other to escape? But does the ship in The Lodger/today's episode really belong to the Silents/Silence or are they just guarding it for someone else?

Also I figured out that Amy was pregnant ages ago. :proud:

But then there's the fact that River also felt sick suddenly after seeing The Silents/Silence and forgetting. Hmm?

I noticed that too, but that ship was destroyed in that episode. The fact that it was even there was an illusion...to disguise the fact that it was actually there. This one had a different colour scheme to it, but they're definitely related!

God knows how you figured out about Amy. I was clueless!
Well indeed, think of DoctorDonna 'hand' sort of backup.

But if they made a storyline specifically to rewrite that piece of history, then it wouldn't really be a cop-out.

I'm not so sure. Like with the Coat Doctor in series 5, they would have to show that entire scene again, played it but this time reveal who was under the visor and the words would make sense given what we would know from the rest of series 6. And to do that, they would have to replay it exactly.
Original post by TulipFields
Hmm, true , she would have remembered :erm: the worst day for her is when he doesn't remember her- which is in Silence in the library :s:
He has to live forever and ever :stomp: :fuhrer: anyway, I bet he will :colonhash: they can't kill the doctor!!!!

The travelling in opposite directions concept is soo amazingly clever. I think it would kill me too, were I in River's position :frown:
Hmm, I wonder if Amy's actually pregnant or if that's just a way of avoiding telling the Doctor about the Silents and about his impending dooooom :s:
Original post by TulipFields

"There will be a day when he doesn't have any idea who I am... it'll probably kill me."

Herp derp.

I liked the reference.
I'm not so sure. Like with the Coat Doctor, they would have to show that entire scene again, played it but this time reveal who was under the visor. And to do that, they would have to replay it exactly.

He was 1108 wasn't he? So we have another 200 years of BBC programming to go even if it is the end :colone:
Something tells me Moffat would never make it as obvious as that, straightaway considering River said "I killed a good man" and you don't find out who until later on.

Maybe not :s: I just think a girl looked like her.
How much do you know about what happens anyway? :p:
P.S are you Steven Moffat? :colone:
Reply 7997
Maybe you get pregnant after looking at them :mmm:
Original post by haleem
Maybe you get pregnant after looking at them :mmm:

And instead of giving birth, you just explode!
Original post by mckinnon94
I noticed that too, but that ship was destroyed in that episode. The fact that it was even there was an illusion...to disguise the fact that it was actually there. This one had a different colour scheme to it, but they're definitely related!

God knows how you figured out about Amy. I was clueless!

The ship in The Lodger wasn't destryoed in the episode, it simply flew away. It wasn't an illusion, there was a *insert name of Doctor Who word I can't remember here* that made it look like the house had an upper flat when it didn't, so it wasn't really an illusion, just a phrase I can't remember.

This is the ship from The Lodger

If someone has a screengrab of the Ship from today's episode then we can compare.

Also regarding The Lodger (future spoiler)

Spoiler

so I'm guessing it has something to do with the ship.

Latest