The Student Room Group

What do you think should be done about disruptive students in lessons?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by im so academic
How the **** does a poor home life mean you can instantly disregard the rules? Rules are there for everyone.

It doesn't, but it does mean you might need more help and support to follow them, and just a little bit more understanding from other people.
Original post by MissNel
Oh dear, I really do worry about the world sometimes.
Education, not sterilisation. Fix the chain don't break it.

My way's far cheaper-It's just social Darwinism, but faster.

Our current society promotes breeding amongst, the lazy, stupid and selfish, and there are far too many people anyway we have make cut-backs (In a very literal sense) somewhere.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 742
Original post by PendulumBoB
My way's far cheaper-It's just social Darwinism, but faster.

:tongue: true true, still not a solution in my opinion though. Mostly because it's illegal but also it is a very very very slippery slope.
Original post by MissNel
It doesn't, but it does mean you might need more help and support to follow them, and just a little bit more understanding from other people.

That is true, but does it mean their behaviour is acceptable and should be tolerated?

No.
Original post by MissNel
:tongue: true true, still not a solution in my opinion though. Mostly because it's illegal but also it is a very very very slippery slope.

Your second point about it being a slippery slope is valid I suppose ("How could you not vote for our glorious party, you must be mad. No more breeding for you")

Perhaps those who mess around at school should be put on a national database and be blacklisted, to get no benefits if they become unemployed.
Fair enough, but I'm talking about the people IN BOLD.

Also, how the **** does a poor home life mean you can instantly disregard the rules? Rules are there for everyone.

People are damaged, they will have authority issues, they cannot help the environment in which they grew up.

Most of the time it is not their own fault.
Reply 746
Your second point about it being a slippery slope is valid I suppose ("How could you not vote for our glorious party, you must be mad. No more breeding for you")

Perhaps those who mess around at school should be put on a national database and be blacklisted, to get no benefits if they become unemployed.

Hmm, I just hope you're not a doing/planning to do politics at uni!!!:wink:
On another note, that would be a hell of a lot of homeless people. Also, what constitutes 'messing around at school?' I got 3 As at A level and was pobably considered a pretty well behaved pupil but was still told to stop talking in most maths lessons :colondollar:
Original post by MissNel
Hmm, I just hope you're not a doing/planning to do politics at uni!!!:wink:
On another note, that would be a hell of a lot of homeless people. Also, what constitutes 'messing around at school?' I got 3 As at A level and was pobably considered a pretty well behaved pupil but was still told to stop talking in most maths lessons :colondollar:

Round them up and get them working at the roadsides. Also I feel that school should be optional to allow the real academics to excel: either that or trade school at 13 for those not good enough for academia.

And no-Politics, there'd be more sense in taking law/history/english/PPE if I wanted to go into Politics.
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
People are damaged, they will have authority issues, they cannot help the environment in which they grew up.

Most of the time it is not their own fault.

Then don't ruin it for other people.

But, wait a second, you're telling me a child is incapable of shutting up and sitting down?

In other countries where there is absolute poverty and children suffer even greater than children in this first-world MEDC - they VALUE their education.

Why can't British kids do the same?
Reply 749
Haha, definately not optional school, education surely is a right that everyone is entitled to, 'education is power' n all that lark. But trade at 13, possibly. I don't really know why I'm arguing anyway, I'm usually a totally unpolitical person.

Speech therapy and politics don't really go well together.

These people are effectively mentally ill (I say this because I can't think of a better phrase), they don't really care who they disrupt.

But, wait a second, you're telling me a child is incapable of shutting up and sitting down?

Yes, unless you use serious force, which should never happen.

In other countries where there is absolute poverty and children suffer even greater than children in this first-world MEDC - they VALUE their education.

It has become endemic for children to not want to go to school. People living on council estates do not want to go to school, they have not had to go to school (with the dole being severely handicapped in the next few years I use the past tense), so why should they value their education?

People do not want to learn for learning's sake, because often down the line in their school past they have been ignored and cast aside. Why should they make the effort?
Original post by MissNel
Haha, definately not optional school, education surely is a right that everyone is entitled to, 'education is power' n all that lark. But trade at 13, possibly. I don't really know why I'm arguing anyway, I'm usually a totally unpolitical person.

Speech therapy and politics don't really go well together.

Education is power only if you ****ing use it and pay attention, no? :rolleyes:
These people are effectively mentally ill (I say this because I can't think of a better phrase), they don't really care who they disrupt.

Oh yes, so a significant proportion of British teenagers are mentally ill, right?

Kick them out them. Better for one to suffer than a whole class.

Yes, unless you use serious force, which should never happen.

Compliance with the rules is one of the greatest lessons a child could ever receive.

It has become endemic for children to not want to go to school. People living on council estates do not want to go to school, they have not had to go to school (with the dole being severely handicapped in the next few years I use the past tense), so why should they value their education?

It will better their lives. Fine, if they do not want to learn. It is them who are going to suffer ultimately. **** 'em. The government gives you the opportunity to better your life and you shun it? They deserve the environment they are still in tbh. Stupid, ungrateful scroungers. A person could have used that wasted place.

People do not want to learn for learning's sake, because often down the line in their school past they have been ignored and cast aside. Why should they make the effort?

For their own ****ing benefit. There is a reason why education is a right. But what's the point if people aren't bothered.

I have absolutely NO sympathy for any teenager ****er who does not put effort into their education and is living on benefits. Fair enough they may be ripping off the taxpayer, but they will never attain a higher standard of living, so sucks to be them.

Retarded people. If you don't want to learn, fine, but don't complain about it later. One day they will regret it. And that's when it finally hits.

This.

In poor countries the children behave so much better at school, if they can do it (Despite their relatively awful lives(Relative to British children)) why can't British kids?
No welfare state, no problem.

Pupils who mess around know that there is always the option of sitting at home doing SFA with no rent or council tax to pay and cash in your hand every couple of weeks.

If you decide to start pumping out kids (who will probably have just as little ambition as their parents) then the state will reward you with a bigger, free house, more perks and even more money in your pocket.

Until this changes, it doesn't matter what you do in schools because there is always a safety net for the idle, so why should they bother?
This.

In poor countries the children behave so much better at school, if they can do it (Despite their relatively awful lives(Relative to British children)) why can't British kids?

Exactly, so the "crap family background" one is a complete fallacy.

There is no excuse.
Oh yes, so a significant proportion of British teenagers are mentally ill, right?

Kick them out them. Better for one to suffer than a whole class.

Yes, most people are.

Compliance with the rules is one of the greatest lessons a child could ever receive.

For young children yes, for older (secondary) children, not so much. However for these unruly youngsters rules are important for others' safety.

It will better their lives. Fine, if they do not want to learn. It is them who are going to suffer ultimately. **** 'em. The government gives you the opportunity to better your life and you shun it? They deserve the environment they are still in tbh. Stupid, ungrateful scroungers. A person could have used that wasted place.

They don't know what it is to learn, they haven't experienced it before. They have to take their teachers' words for it, who they may not trust. They deserve the environment they're in? Expand on that..?

I have absolutely NO sympathy for any teenager ****er who does not put effort into their education and is living on benefits. Fair enough they may be ripping off the taxpayer, but they will never attain a higher standard of living, so sucks to be them.

Retarded people. If you don't want to learn, fine, but don't complain about it later. One day they will regret it. And that's when it finally hits.

Even one who has been abused throughout the only 15 years of their lives? Their priority may not be their GCSEs.

People who are aware of education and who do not want to learn should be removed from the system and their non-used resources re-distributed. They should also be allowed to re-enter the system later on if they are committed.
Yes, most people are.

Source? Absolute bull****.

For young children yes, for older (secondary) children, not so much. However for these unruly youngsters rules are important for others' safety.

What do you mean not so much? Do you want teenagers leaving school attacking like utter ****s?

They don't know what it is to learn, they haven't experienced it before.

People who have never experienced sex still lose their virginities.

That is an absurd statement to make.

They have to take their teachers' words for it, who they may not trust.

Fine, they don't have to use their education.

They deserve the environment they're in? Expand on that..?

If you are brought up from a **** household and the like and you do not bother to put any effort into your education, you deserve it. You deserve a life on the dole, living on poor council estates, enjoying your cannabis and doing **** all.

Even one who has been abused throughout the only 15 years of their lives? Their priority may not be their GCSEs.

Yes, because EVERY single individual who messes about were abused since birth.

People who are aware of education and who do not want to learn should be removed from the system and their non-used resources re-distributed. They should also be allowed to re-enter the system later on if they are committed.

Then tell me, why isn't this happening?
1. Source? Absolute bull****.

2. What do you mean not so much? Do you want teenagers leaving school attacking like utter ****s?

3. People who have never experienced sex still lose their virginities.

That is an absurd statement to make.

Fine, they don't have to use their education.

4. If you are brought up from a **** household and the like and you do not bother to put any effort into your education, you deserve it. You deserve a life on the dole, living on poor council estates, enjoying your cannabis and doing **** all.

5. Yes, because EVERY single individual who messes about were abused since birth.

6. Then tell me, why isn't this happening?

Can't be bothered separating quotes.

1. You missed the point of my comment. Most people are completely unaware of the world. Unaware is a better word.

2. No, I mean it is important for teenagers to be able to rebel to an extent and explore their identity.

3. Sex doesn't have a negative stigma. Not for teenagers anyway. Education does, people who do well in their education are called nerds. People who do well in sex are called LADs. See the difference?

4. You don't grasp what a bad environment can do, we will not get anywhere here.

5. Asume they were, respond to what I said now. it was an extreme example in a situation where there is a spectrum of environments.

6. Why should they? Society tells people that they need an education to get a job in order to get money. If they accept this, which most people do, then why bother going back to work when the dole pays more?

Can't be bothered separating quotes.

1. You missed the point of my comment. Most people are completely unaware of the world. Unaware is a better word.

2. No, I mean it is important for teenagers to be able to rebel to an extent and explore their identity.

3. Sex doesn't have a negative stigma. Not for teenagers anyway. Education does, people who do well in their education are called nerds. People who do well in sex are called LADs. See the difference?

4. You don't grasp what a bad environment can do, we will not get anywhere here.

5. Asume they were, respond to what I said now. it was an extreme example in a situation where there is a spectrum of environments.

6. Why should they? Society tells people that they need an education to get a job in order to get money. If they accept this, which most people do, then why bother going back to work when the dole pays more?

1. They can read the news or use Google.

2. They can rebel all they like. But they must realise that there are consequences for their actions and their actions will not be tolerated.

3. If a teenager is too sheep-like to better their own life for the sake of being part of their pathetic crowd, so be it. They'll regret it.

4. Believe me, I do. Don't ****ing tell me what I don't or do know. How come people were still educated in poor environments? Or people from third world countries?

5. But your stupid extreme example does not reflect the general situation.

6. Change the welfare system. That'll sort them out. And if they don't want a job, fine, might as well kick them out at the earliest opportunity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending