The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why is zoophilia condemned and homosexuality not?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 101flyboy

This is about a human raping an animal, though. Also, an animal initiating a sexual situation with a human, which is not "rife" whatsoever, and animals having sex with other species, which is also not common, is not "rape." An animal is not processing the situation thinking of abusing a human, unlike the other way around.

This isn't about a human raping an animal, it's about an intimate sexual relationship between an animal and a human in which both parties have consented (e.g if a dog mounted a woman.) Did you even read the OP or just start ranting?
Reply 81
Original post by im so academic
What about a pubescent child? (Like me).

Well yeah, in the eyes of the law you aren't old enough to consent to sex.

There is no such thing as a natural negative reaction towards homosexuality. That is not in nature and therefore unnatural, especially since many heterosexuals do not have this reaction. It's a disorder of the mind.

Whoa...

So what you're saying is that anyone has any rational objection to homosexuality is themselves a sufferer of a mental condition? You're just as bad as the homophobes.

Do you think there is a parallel between zoophilia and heterosexuality?

I'm trying to decide that now. Hence why I made the thread in the first place.
Reply 84
Homophobia by definition is an irrational constant personal state of being. Which makes it a disorder. The fact you see most hate crimes committed by those with previous criminal records proves this. It's psychopathic.
Original post by imperial maniac

2. Both zoophilia and homosexuality are a sexuality, rather than a fetish.

Uhm... Zoophilia isn't a sexuality. It's a fetish...
Original post by Einheri
Personally, as long as the animal isn't in distress or pain then I've no problem with bestiality. Making it illegal is just moralising by an unaffected third party. Personally, as an heterosexual male, I find the idea of two men screwing to be just as naturally repulsive as interspecies sex but as long as it isn't hurting anyone, human or otherwise, then I say they should be allowed to do what they want without the law intervening.

This is impossible to police, though. If the animal is in pain or distress, it can't exactly go and tell anyone, can it?
Reply 87
Original post by imperial maniac
Whoa...

So what you're saying is that anyone has any rational objection to homosexuality is themselves a sufferer of a mental condition? You're just as bad as the homophobes.

Yes, it is a mental disorder.

A mental disorder or mental illness is a psychological or behavioral pattern generally associated with subjective distress or disability that occurs in an individual, and which is not a part of normal development or culture.
Original post by Tefhel
How do you know that an animal isn't in pain or in distress? You can't know. They can't tell you, and they won't sit there and cry. Having lived on a farm you will know that sometimes they will react, sometimes they won't.

And why not apply the same standard to people then? If someone has sex with a child and they don't object (perhaps because they're confused and terrified) then by your logic they've consented?

I read about a guy who had sex with a wild dolphin - he worked with dolphins so he knew a lot about them, so he could tell that the female dolphin was horny. And the female initiated the sex. I think that there are few cases where it's okay, but there are cases, it just requires the human to have a large amount of knowledge of that particular animal.
Reply 89
:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:
Reply 90
I like to have sex with animals and I'm not afraid to admit I often have sex with our shetland pony and sometimes my dogs and my boyfriend joins us too on occasion and I really enjoy it and don't see why people keep spitting on me in the street and beating up my boyfriend for it. I also like to have sex with children because I find them very sexy and I see nothing wrong with this, I am a consenting adult and I am not being abused or exploited. I know fully well what I'm doing so how is it wrong?
Original post by WelshBluebird
But that isn't showing consent, or a will, to have sex with the person.
Dogs naturally hump anything! Pillows, other dogs, shoes, etc etc. Doesn't mean they want sex with the object / thing.

Yes it does, they ARE having sex with it. Or trying to, at least.

This whole **** about "consent" is absurd, haha. Consent is a legal concept, it's circular, just like arguments for why a 15 year old can't have sex with an older person.

If an animal can't consent to sex (that is, if its obvious signs of approval are to be legally disregarded, like those of an under-age child would be) then how can it consent to anything at all? Being fed, being kept in a house, being walked on a lead? Is all of that abuse as well?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by lightburns
I read about a guy who had sex with a wild dolphin - he worked with dolphins so he knew a lot about them, so he could tell that the female dolphin was horny. And the female initiated the sex. I think that there are few cases where it's okay, but there are cases, it just requires the human to have a large amount of knowledge of that particular animal.

There are also cases of people enjoying having themselves cut apart and eaten .. random 'one-off' cases doesn't make it right.
Reply 93
Original post by Fonix
Y..Huh?

Seriously?

Firstly, how would you know the animal is consenting?

There is no argument for homosexuality. It just is, some guys like other guys and some girls like other girls.

The difference is that you can be sure homosexuality is between to consenting parties. A man sleeping with a sheep is wrong because the sheep has no idea about love or morals or whatever. Its just getting ****ed.

Not if one half of the gay couple is in a coma.

Not in a prison shower scene.

Not in a strict convent with sex-starved nuns and terrified girls.
Reply 94
I know that an animal initiating sex with a human is not rife, although it is not unheard of.

Animals can rape eachother - if one wants to get away, and the other forces sex, that is rape. And imo rape is wrong, obviously, including a human raping an animal.

Animals can rape each other, but that isn't the point. This is a human raping an animal. Also, an animal initiating sex with a human, is more about the confusion of that animal. Again, they are not doing it with the same intent that a human would in having sex with an animal. They are animals and their thought processes are not the same, so therefore making comparisons in actions is not valid.
Reply 95
But what's the point of the law, if technically it's "OK" to break it?

I'm not fond of the law either. Generally not a fan of the state getting involved in civil and social affairs, really.
Reply 96

I've had sex with a dolphin before and it was the most wonderful and sensational experience I've ever had, but between you and me something amazing happened and now I can talk to animals! It's pretty cool and totally secret and you know what? Life will never be the same.
Original post by Tommyjw
There are also cases of people enjoying having themselves cut apart and eaten .. random 'one-off' cases doesn't make it right.

I fail to see how saying that a random one-off doesn't make it right as a whole is an argument.
What's wrong with that specific case?? I say nothing, and therefore if those conditions are replicated, it's okay.
Rape is wrong, and is always wrong, so cases of rape are not going to be okay. You've just got to be more knowledgeable and careful about the situation with animals than you would most humans.
Reply 98
So at 15, it's OK
At 14, it's OK
At 13, it's OK
At 12, it's OK
At 11, it's not

Why isn't the age of consent 12 then?

How was what you just said relevant to the argument whatsoever?
Original post by angelbones
Uhm... Zoophilia isn't a sexuality. It's a fetish...

I don't see how it can be described as a fetish, if a person has developed intimate feelings for the animal the same way they would in a human-human relationship, which zoophiles claim to do.

Latest

Trending

Trending