The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Reference to the Watergate tapes?

Yeah, a very nice one at that.
Original post by sheep_go_baa
I don't think there could be any thing more 'right' than the Doctor and River :love:

Original post by Aula
Hmm... there's a thought. Spoilered 'cause it uses something from the possible spoiler about River, but doesn't really give away anything.

Spoiler

That makes a lot of sense especially with (genuine spoiler about the finale but not really)

Spoiler

Actually it's not a spoiler but a speculation about an unconfirmed spoiler which isn't exactly huge but might be true. This whole spoiler thing is confusing so click at your own risk.
Reply 722
I posted this in the other thread but this seems to have more activity so i thought I would see what people think here. I feel it is unlikely that this would be so as it doesn't seem the shows style, but then again the way the show is going every episode surprises me. Although it is far fetched i feel it avoids the whole doctor/Amy having an affair problem.

Amy having an affair with the Doctor does not seem like something BBC or the Doctor would do, is it possible that the Silence used the post-hypnotic abilities to manipulate the Doctor and Amy at one point so they would have a baby but forget about it? This would explain why it would happen and why they don't remember, and Amy did say about how they had been travelling around a lot together as an explanation of why she told him not Rory. This would mean that the Silence would be able to raise their own timelord that would be able to fly their tardislike ships, without the Doctor knowing?
Original post by Aula
Hmm... there's a thought. Spoilered 'cause it uses something from the possible spoiler about River, but doesn't really give away anything.

Spoiler

Which might explain Madame Kovarian through the window. She seemed to be observing the 'time-line' as such...
Does anyone want to sum up the 23 pages I missed while watching So You Think You Can Dance and Britain's Got Talent?
Original post by ??????????????????
Oh just realised what the spoiler was.
I thought of that last week lol. Maybe she:

Spoiler

This all smells like a bad case of time paradox :trades: Which can be solved by "time can be unwritten" thing
How would she stop getting pregnant? :mmm:
Original post by Sithiris
I posted this in the other thread but this seems to have more activity so i thought I would see what people think here. I feel it is unlikely that this would be so as it doesn't seem the shows style, but then again the way the show is going every episode surprises me. Although it is far fetched i feel it avoids the whole doctor/Amy having an affair problem.

Amy having an affair with the Doctor does not seem like something BBC or the Doctor would do, is it possible that the Silence used the post-hypnotic abilities to manipulate the Doctor and Amy at one point so they would have a baby but forget about it? This would explain why it would happen and why they don't remember, and Amy did say about how they had been travelling around a lot together as an explanation of why she told him not Rory. This would mean that the Silence would be able to raise their own timelord that would be able to fly their tardislike ships, without the Doctor knowing?

But the Doctor always knows...
Reply 727
Could one of these timelines be a figment of Amy's imagination?

And I find it strange that the Doctor took exception to the Silents...they were not doing much wrong.
Original post by sleekchic
That makes a lot of sense especially with (genuine spoiler about the finale but not really)

Spoiler

Did you notice that Roman reference in today's episode? Romans being driven out of Rome, and all things considered about the future...
Reply 729
Original post by hxecute

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by sleekchic

Spoiler

Ooh, I'd forgotten about that, but yes, I feel that makes it even more likely.
Original post by spacepirate-James
Which might explain Madame Kovarian through the window. She seemed to be observing the 'time-line' as such...

Was she observing the time line or are they clashing/merging? I mean the Madam Kovarian scene presumably also about Amy has happened in a different timeline but for whatever reason it was drawn to that particularly moment and Amy was able to see it?
Original post by Colonel.
Could one of these timelines be a figment of Amy's imagination?

And I find it strange that the Doctor took exception to the Silents...they were not doing much wrong.

Yeah, I found that hard to believe also. What if The Silents made the Doctor do it for some reason through post hypnotic suggestion? Maybe it gave them an excuse to kill him in the future? :dontknow:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by TulipFields
This all smells like a bad case of time paradox :trades: Which can be solved by "time can be unwritten" thing
How would she stop getting pregnant? :mmm:

By getting Rory to use a condom?
Maybe only a Time Lord could pilot a Tardis?

That doesn't really seem viable. If only a Time Lord could pilot the Tardis, surely the Doctor would know that. And if he did, he'd know Riversong was a Time Lord, which he doesn't... unless, of course, he's been covering it up for some timey wimey reason. :ninja:

Did anyone else get confused in the fight scene when River turned round to look at Rory and she didn't seem to forget the whole silent scene/thing?

?

I just looked at this scene again and I'm thinking it could be one of Moffat's subtle hints that's going to become key.

I also noticed, anyone seeing links between this and the Pandorica episodes, with the perfect prison and what not?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Does anyone want to sum up the 23 pages I missed while watching So You Think You Can Dance and Britain's Got Talent?

Lots of paradoxes.

Mainly about Amy and the little girl. Doctor death. Silence theories (I THINK THEY MAY BE GOOD)
Did you notice that Roman reference in today's episode? Romans being driven out of Rome, and all things considered about the future...

Glad you mentioned that:

Spoiler

Reply 736
Well it did throw back a Silent...

Probably got shone in the eye :laugh: I was worried it was going to actually do physical damage thankfully it didn't :smile:
Original post by Aula

Spoiler

Spoiler

Madame Kovarian is oddly similar to Doctor Moon from Silence in the Library. The whole sequence with CAL dreaming of a library, and Doctor Moon overseeing her...
Original post by Robbie c

Spoiler

Yeah, I thought that as well but then I thought wouldn't it be a bit weird for even a Time Lord to make sexual remarks towards his daughter, and vice versa? :eek:

Latest