The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cambo211
I think this one sums up most of us http://qwertee.com/product/i-like-doctor-who/

Those are wise words :sexface:
Original post by spacepirate-James
Why thank you.

Oh wait. You didn't mean me, did you. :colonhash:

Spoiler

Ahhh, no I would have said Space Pirate :tongue:

but yeah, I assume you liked the episode then lol
that was a rubbish episode, seriously. I love Doc Who but that wasted my time :frown:
Doctor Who Dominates iPlayer Downloads
Friday, May 06, 2011 - Posted by Marcus
Doctor Who: iPlayerDoctor Who is once more dominating the iPlayer downloads with episode one of the new series, The Impossible Astronaut, being accessed over 1.5 million times in the 12 days following transmission.

The figure is nearly three times higher than any other programme available on the iPlayer over the same period. In the first week after transmission 1.38 million accessed the programme, this compares with the 1.27 million who accessed last year's series opener, The Eleventh Hour, over the same period. The Eleventh Hour went on to become the most downloaded programme ever, a title it still holds, but a title that may be under threat if The Impossible Astronaut continues to attract such attention on the iPlayer.

The second in the series, Day of the Moon, had been accessed over 1.07 million times in the four days it has been available. It has eclipsed The Royal Wedding Service which has been downloaded 0.62 million times since Friday.

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/05/dwn060511010012-doctor-who-dominates.html
Original post by maxcartwright
that was a rubbish episode, seriously. I love Doc Who but that wasted my time :frown:

There've been worse episodes.

It was mediocre but there was nothing particularly wrong with it.
Original post by cambo211
There've been worse episodes.

It was mediocre but there was nothing particularly wrong with it.

Is it just me, or was more fun when we thought that the mermaid was homicidal rather than all sweet and caring? :p:
Reply 1686
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I want this to pop up on my screen whenever I get a text message or email. I really do.

I just love his face when he says that, it's hilarious :gigg:
Reply 1687
I havent read the whole thread as im lazy lol, so sorry if im stealing someones theory.....but i dont expect it to be that popular anyway lol

but I dont think mrs eye patch lady is a super nanny as she would have to know how to time travel and locate Amy anywhere and anytime....which I bet even the doctor would struggle with, so here are my 2 ideas....

1) she could be not real at all, just a chip or something put into Amy's head which may be why no one else notices her pop up

2) my possibly even less popular but the theory im sticking with as my favourite; maybe amy was never freed....what id Amy is still being held by the silence and maybe some other alien as well and this is moments of her realising true reality and all we have seen since her capture is either imagination (most likely of the two) or a simulation
I want this to pop up on my screen whenever I get a text message or email. I really do.

:ditto:

For some odd reason I initially thought he had said "I've got mayo!" :facepalm2:

Anybody else think the Doctor looked so hot when he was lying on the floor of the second ship, with wet hair? :colone:
Reply 1689
All his facial expressions and mannerisms are great. Ah, I'm loving Matt Smith. Especially that running to TARDIS scene (gifs on the previous page). And this made me smile too:

Yeah, me too. He makes a hilarious Doctor. And to think, I thought no one could be better than DT.
All his facial expressions and mannerisms are great. Ah, I'm loving Matt Smith. Especially that running to TARDIS scene (gifs on the previous page).

That should be the next facepalm on here. :dance:

I love his face when he says that. It's adorable.
Reply 1692
this episode left so many things unexplained, tbh it was just boring, story line had real potential but its as if they tried to fit in everything for the 45min slot. Either extend the time slot to an hour, or add comlexity to the storyline and finish on cliffhangers/something intersting to ponder over, like the very first episode-absolutely epic!

I missed river :frown: Will she be in the next one, I really want her to be the Dr's wife...in a strange timeline-confusing way :biggrin:
Yes it should. :ninja:

I thought the expression was more of "This is going to end so badly I just can't watch". :teehee:

Exactly, it'll fit in perfectly with most threads. :tongue:
What did I miss? Lot less pages than last week at the end of my TV spree...

My thoughts - okay episode, nothing great, Amy can't perform CPR to save her life (she clearly wasn't humming the Arches theme tune for the compressions), graphics were RATHER awful at points, next week looks fabby tho!

Oh and I want to be a pirate
Reply 1695

Your sig :thumbsup:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
What did I miss? Lot less pages than last week at the end of my TV spree...

My thoughts - okay episode, nothing great, Amy can't perform CPR to save her life (she clearly wasn't humming the Arches theme tune for the compressions), graphics were RATHER awful at points, next week looks fabby tho!

Oh and I want to be a pirate

Nobody really cares about the episode. Not a lot of things to talk about, season-wise, except for the appearance of Madame Kovarian whom I think we've managed to dub Mrs Eye Patch Lady.

Oh and a couple of great GIFs :biggrin:

Spoiler

Episode was average though.
How does everyone know Madame Kovarians name? I found out through this thread but don't remember it being mentioned.
Reply 1698
Original post by emi_sarb
How does everyone know Madame Kovarians name? I found out through this thread but don't remember it being mentioned.

its in the credits i think
I've been looking back on the 41 teasers we got from that Doctor Who book in 2010. They were from the Dream Lord page and some are true and some were a lie. Now we've seen two episodes and know a few things from set reports and spoilers, it's curious to see which ones hold.

The Doctor will be on trial twice!

Who controls the light sculptors?

You won’t believe what’s buried under Wembley Stadium.

Scared of the Eye in Space? You should be.

Take up thy sins and walk slowly.

There won’t be a pub quiz on Tuesday because there won’t be a pub.

Beau Geste is cool. -

Bow Street runners are cool. -

Bromley-by-Bow is cool. - Presumably the Doctor declares these things to be cool, as he has the Fez and stetson :p:

4 August 1982 Happy Birthday, Ma’am.

Some lies are too much for the psychic paper. A Christmas Carol

“I won’t take calls from THAT Prime Minister.”

“Marc, where are you?”

The only water in the forest is the river. - 99.99% sure this means River Song.

What awaits the TARDIS at the zero point?

“72 years on and Rory’s still terrified of Granny Grainger?”

“I was lost in France.”

“How could a fellow Gallifreyan stoop so low?” - The Time Lord from the next episode?

Horror of Bangkok.

“Give it up, sweet Korn.”

Argonite? Here?

An ordinary block of flats.

“If I saw them walking down the high street what would I think?” I don’t think you’d think anything at all, Amy.”

Find the lady before she finds you! - Madame Eyepatch? I doubt it, but it's a possibility.

“Margaret! Come back!”

The Doctor defeats the Sahara Desert.

Susannah’s still alive.

Mill Green on fire.

The Doctor will get married Twice!

What are the dangers of Port Olveron?

502, but never 503. - There's a hotel/nightmares episode coming up, isn't there? I think this refers to room numbers.

Beware of the kites.

“A pillar of salt, yes but not because she looked back. Looking back is good!”

They’ll have to get a new name for Thanksgiving.

Pay attention It’s not really her. Clone episode?

Treading through the sand on the one night they come back.

The Shuddering Brethren, they’ll stick in your mind. - The complete opposite to the Silents, then?

“I’m my own Doctor.” - For some reason I can imagine Rory getting angry with the Doctor and saying this in an outburst (since he's a nurse) but I don't think that's actually what happens :p:

Octavian wasn’t lying.

Mysterious semblance at the the strand of nightmares. - Again, the hotel/nightmares episode.

The bones of the TARDIS

My two-pence worth in bold italics. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest