The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NaturalDisaster
*gasps* How can you say that? It was a fantastic scene! How many supervillains become everyone on the planet? What about this?

That's a better scene.

Master becoming everyone was a bit crap.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
So is the Dream Lord? :awesome:

I don't really like the mad or insane aspect of the Master. That's not really how he is. It's just RTD's take. I don't expect Moffat would continue that. He would have his own take on the character.

The Master and The Doctor would be awesome. There are times when you wanted it to happen, especially when the 10th Doctor told him that they could be brilliant and could observe the universe together. He seemed tempted for a second.

You picked the worst scene in the history of Doctor Who. :colonhash:

No, come on. Worst scene in Doctor Who had to be the finale of series 4. That was atrocious to an extreme, don't deny it. And madness is always brilliant. The Dream Lord is a good character though...just not as good as the Master. I'm sure Moffat's take on him would be good too. I want there to be a Master/Doctor team, they would be brilliant. I don't think we really needed the Dream Lord, the Doctor does fine at showing us the bad side of his character all on his own.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by cambo211
That's a better scene.

Master becoming everyone was a bit crap.

I thought it was funny. Then again, I'm always on the bad guys side. Well, usually.
I thought it was funny. Then again, I'm always on the bad guys side. Well, usually.

I like a good bad guy.

I just think the whole shakey head thing ruined it entirely.
:teehee:

All of the Dream Lord dialogue was brilliant. He was great in portraying of all that is 'bad' in the Doctor and parodying him whilst being sarcastic and humorous.

Glad someone agrees. The wardrobe team did give the game away a bit too much with the striped shirt, and the tweed jacket and the bow-tie though. :tongue:
Reply 2105
Hm, suppose. The retarded regeneration and clone Doctor/Doctor Donna and remote control Daleks was :facepalm2:

They're different in their own ways. The Dream Lord essentially is the Doctor, retains his knowledge and wisdom. The Master is what makes the Doctor who he is and sits on the opposite end of the spectrum. They're both characters who allow or half-want the Doctor to defeat them tbh.

He shows it sometimes, but not to the extent the Dream Lord would. Or even the Valeyard. That would be the Doctor actively pursuing the 'dark side' and he would essentially be unstoppable.

Episode 7 is said to show the 'dark' side of the Doctor more. :teeth:

What's the Valeyard?
Reply 2106
Imagine an older incarnation of the Dream Lord, given physical form and allowed to roam around without being confined to dreams, like the Master would. And you have the Valeyard.

Thanks. Is that from the old series then?
The Dark Side of the Doctor. Better than the end of the Waters of Mars?

We shall see :awesome:
Reply 2108
*gasps* How can you say that? It was a fantastic scene! How many supervillains become everyone on the planet? What about this?

Great. Now I have that song in my head just as I'm about to go to bed. Thanks :mad:

:tongue:
uuuuumm.... guys... how do i put the orange spoiler tag on? i fail at internetting :frown:
Reply 2110
Original post by Tasneemo
uuuuumm.... guys... how do i put the orange spoiler tag on? i fail at internetting :frown:

Like this: [noparse]

Spoiler

[/noparse]
Reply 2111
Totally not Doctor Who related: Sherlock Holmes had its first read through today. It would be great if they showed it during the Doctor Who mid-series break. :teeth:

Sherlock returns in August so that would be during the mid-season break and not to mention we have Torchwood: Miracle Day ten part season in July so its Doctor Who April/ May- Torchwood - June / July - Sherlock - August, Doctor Who - Autumn :smile:
Original post by jjmo
Sherlock returns in August so that would be during the mid-season break and not to mention we have Torchwood: Miracle Day ten part season in July so its Doctor Who April/ May- Torchwood - June / July - Sherlock - August, Doctor Who - Autumn :smile:

:coma: I think I just jizzed :dice:
Reply 2113
Original post by jjmo

That is brilliant scheduling. Anyone know how long the next series of Sherlock is?
Where did you hear about Sherlock? It's not going to be ready for August if they're only doing read-throughs now. Last I heard it was scheduled for late 2011.
They've started filming, I'm sure. Gatiss posted pictures on Twitter a while back. They have to do it quickly because Freeman is becoming Bilbo Baggins pretty soon.
3 (90 minute) episodes.

:frown:

wish there were more than 3. though the 90 minute time frame is so good. :ahee:
Reply 2117
I would much rather 3 90 minutes episodes that all have high production value and amazing word perfect scripts comparable to the best films than 13 45minute hit-and-miss episodes.

(Not slating Doctor Who just think of episodes such as Love and Monsters, The Lodger, last's weeks pirate one I can't think of, etc.)
Reply 2118
I liked the Lodger and the Doctor's attempt at living like a human. :awesome:

Defiantly thought it was the worst episode last season, which to be fair doesn't really slate the episode due to the quality of the season and James Cordon was rather funny in it.

I'm re-watching the episodes of LoveFilm so I'll see what my opinion is this time around.
Hm, suppose. The retarded regeneration and clone Doctor/Doctor Donna and remote control Daleks was :facepalm2:

They're different in their own ways. The Dream Lord essentially is the Doctor, retains his knowledge and wisdom. The Master is what makes the Doctor who he is and sits on the opposite end of the spectrum. They're both characters who allow or half-want the Doctor to defeat them tbh.

He shows it sometimes, but not to the extent the Dream Lord would. Or even the Valeyard. That would be the Doctor actively pursuing the 'dark side' and he would essentially be unstoppable.

Episode 7 is said to show the 'dark' side of the Doctor more. :teeth:

I can't wait for it! Let's see...*counts weeks until episode 7* Yes! Episode 7 after my last exam, this is going to be spectacular. :biggrin: Yes, I see your point about the Dream Lord, must watch some episodes with the Valeyard....

Latest