The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2540
Original post by LastLordofTime
Rory is not plastic, and is no longer 2000 years old. He merely occasionally remembers the universe before Big Bang 2.

Ok thanks :biggrin: I missed a few of the last episodes of the previous season, only caught up on a few on Iplayer (with a dodgy internet :frown:), so I guess I missed some of it.

Not actually related to Doctor Who in any way, but...

Reply 2542
Original post by Dinendal Leralonde

Not actually related to Doctor Who in any way, but...

The bottom one looks like Matt Smiths face :awesome:
Original post by Mess.

Ooo, what about Silent cookies? The perfect way to get fat; you forget you've eaten one :awesome:
Reply 2544

Ooo, what about Silent cookies? The perfect way to get fat; you forget you've eaten one :awesome:

Maybe your body forgets its eaten them and it adds no calories :yum:
Original post by Mess.

That's a much better idea! :cookie:
I'm rewatching The Doctors Wife again so spoilers just incase -

Spoiler

Reply 2547
Original post by Mess.

Original post by Mess.

Can someone please come up with cookies like these.
Original post by Mess.

The Doctor is appearing in our food? It's a miracle he must be the one true messiah.
Original post by Tasneemo

Spoiler

Don't know if we've discussed this, since I was away all weekend, but that scene was weird. It lasted a bit too long if you ask me.

:holmes:
Original post by Tasneemo

Spoiler

Original post by spacepirate-James
Don't know if we've discussed this, since I was away all weekend, but that scene was weird. It lasted a bit too long if you ask me.

:holmes:

I thought that was already resolved. I personally thought it was meant to show the difference in Aunty's hand ie that they were mismatched and we later found out why they were mismatched and whose hand it was - Corsair.
Original post by sleekchic
I thought that was already resolved. I personally thought it was meant to show the difference in Aunty's hand ie that they were mismatched and we later found out why they were mismatched and whose hand it was - Corsair.

Ah. Makes sense. :colondollar:
I spotted something in the episode no one else seems to have mentioned (though I could be wrong)

When Idris and the Doctor are travelling in their little make-shift TARDIS and they're having a chat about all the rooms that Idris/TARDIS has archived, I swear Idris mentions that she has 30 archived console rooms? From both the past and future.
Maybe she said 13, but I could swear she said 30.

Doesn't that give us the idea that there will be more than 13 regenerations?
Original post by ellie-wellie
I spotted something in the episode no one else seems to have mentioned (though I could be wrong)

When Idris and the Doctor are travelling in their little make-shift TARDIS and they're having a chat about all the rooms that Idris/TARDIS has archived, I swear Idris mentions that she has 30 archived console rooms?
Maybe she said 13, but I could swear she said 30.

Doesn't that give us the idea that there will be more than 13 regenerations?

There isn't necessarily one console room per doctor.

Ecclestone and Tennant both shared one and a number of Doctors have had more than one console room.
Original post by cambo211
There isn't necessarily one console room per doctor.

Ecclestone and Tennant both shared one and a number of Doctors have had more than one console room.

Yea but I'm pretty sure there hasn't been 30, and there won't be 30 in the next 2 Doctors.

I mean, doesn't it roughly, and I mean roughly, work out at about one regeneration per console room? And even if it's more than that, surely they won't have like 10 console rooms in the next 2 regenerations of the Doctor?

Maybe I'm just clutching at straws here...
Yea but I'm pretty sure there hasn't been 30, and there won't be 30 in the next 2 Doctors.

I mean, doesn't it roughly, and I mean roughly, work out at about one regeneration per console room? And even if it's more than that, surely they won't have like 10 console rooms in the next 2 regenerations of the Doctor?

You're also assuming that once the Doctor 'dies' the Tardis becomes unusable.

I think you are but you're not the only one to suggest it in here :h:
Reply 2557
Gaiman had an interesting response to that question in the interview thingy Yoghurt linked.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2011/may/16/neil-gaiman-doctor-who-doctors-wife
Original post by MadnessRed
You missed a couple, he was vaporised in the pirate one. He drowned then amy resuscitated him. Also wasn't rory dead again when amy pulled the oods beard/tentacle things.

I think he was just knocked out then :L

Original post by cambo211
You're also assuming that once the Doctor 'dies' the Tardis becomes unusable.

I think you are but you're not the only one to suggest it in here :h:

Not forgeting of course that in theory, if the Tardis is already a museum piece when the Doctor stole it, then presumably it had had a number before then as well?

Latest