The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
When the doctor asks to see the critical systems and the foreman asks which one, the doctor replies "You know which one"

Does he know which one, or was he bluffing? :holmes:

I thought that was the Derren Brown moment in that he was bluffing? :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind. Since I'm guessing whoever released these teasers (SFX?) wouldn't know either. So it could well be that he knew about the flesh.
(edited 12 years ago)

When the doctor asks to see the critical systems and the foreman asks which one, the doctor replies "You know which one"

Does he know which one, or was he bluffing? :holmes:

I took it as bluffing: he knew something funny was going on, but he wasn't sure exactly what it is...
There were so many hints in that episode to The Doctor knowing more than everyone else, so I'm pretty sure he knew which critical system.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
One of the descriptors for ep 7.

It could also be that the Clone Amy is remembering the cloning process taking place.

Kovarian is in charge of cloning Amy. 'Stay calm/think she's just dreaming' implies a lengthy process - probably the result of later technology which is more stable. After all the Ganger Doctor took a while to form. :holmes:

The way Kovarian keeps opening panels seems to indicate that the Ganger Amy was in some sort of cubicle. Again, maybe the open bath acid has been later developed and perfected.

Your theory doesn't really tie in with the psychic device the Doctor put in her hand, though. That only ever seemed to pick up one version of Amy - the kidnapped Amy who was scared (real Amy, in your theory?), and then the Amy in the TARDIS afterwards (clone Amy?). Surely if their minds were linked, then as soon as the clone Amy had been created, it would pick up a mixture of both their thoughts?
Original post by xKTx
RE: AGI's theory (too many quotes already!)

Spoiler

I don't think they are so much deliberate opposites of each other, but once they were separated, they have new experiences. Ganger Jeniffer felt betrayed by the humans, so many that's why she ends up sort of leading the others? The Ganger of the older guy (can't remember what his name was) seemed to act similar to the original, saying he missed his family.

I don't think it's so much that Amy has come across clones before, but maybe it was more wishful thinking 'he's the doctor, he can't die'. Clones appear in other sci-fi things and people are aware of them. Not saying that it is a throw-away line, it could well be important - but Amy didn't realise that they were going to encounter clones later, or even that they existed at all

I thought that he was there to turn it off, as the power surge would be very very bad when the solar flare hit!

I was thinking this! I'm sure it's a special 'timey-lordy' thing :p:

When David Tennant was the Doctor, he did the same thing when the Daleks were creating Dalek/Human hybrids, and he managed to add some Time Lord traits to the creatures. I think the current Doctor was doing the same thing here, and actually trying to create a clone of himself. I think he may be betting on the clone of himself to keep the clones safe and so they have a figure they can trust, just like how the originals have the Doctor. Then they could all settle their differences in a more peaceful way if the clone Doctor can get through to them.
Original post by Colonel.
Yeah, fair enough. And I slightly agree with you on the Tennant representation, I just thought it was TOO god-like at times.

My point exactly about people liking different styles of DW. I thought that was the perfect way or portraying the Doctor but others clearly weren't too keen.
JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING! Hopefully nobody else has said it?
The Gangers technology is at an early stage.
The Silence steal technology.
Does anyone else see the link?
I think Cumberbatch only just edges it for me but then again, isn't Matt the first doctor to have been nominated for a Best Actor BAFTA?
BAFTA spoiler

Spoiler

Who does everyone want to win in the BAFTAs (BATA) tonight? Matt Smith or Benedict Cumberbatch? Might be a little biased posting this here. :awesome:

Matt Smith, not too familiar with Benedict and I've never seen the Sherlock holmes show but I hear he's a good actor anyway
BAFTA spoiler

Spoiler

I love them both :blush:
BAFTA spoiler

Spoiler

Found it! :smug: Look at what he says and does here. Episode 6/7 spoiler phobes don't click. :awesome: 0:46 onwards.

I don't mind theories or speculation being wrong. Speculation will always be wild and seeing things that aren't meant to be patterns. It's just the fact that we all get together and speculate - it's pretty awesome. :moon:

Does this video suggest that they give her away freely then?
Daniel Rigby was better than both of them tbh.
Come to think of it... (not sure if this needs a spolier or not, but just to be careful...)

Spoiler

Original post by Insanespana
Come to think of it... (not sure if this needs a spolier or not, but just to be careful...)

Spoiler

Spoiler

No tribute to Nicholas Courtney? What the bloody hell?
Original post by LastLordofTime
No tribute to Nicholas Courtney? What the bloody hell?

In the BAFTAs? Not been watching it, nor do I particulary care to be honest. Although have they had one to Liz Sladen?
Original post by SirMasterKey
In the BAFTAs? Not been watching it, nor do I particulary care to be honest. Although have they had one to Liz Sladen?

Yeah, the last one they did was for Lis. I'm not sure if they split them up in to two parts, but he definitely wasn't in that.

Latest