The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stargatecrazy
Something I just realised about River

Spoiler

Ahhh. Yes. Excellent deduction. :holmes:
Original post by Bobifier
"Are you pregnant?" Has got to be among the greatest things ever said on Doctor Who. "Don't worry, we're doctors!" from the same episode was also quite good :p:

The line in my sig as well (although that's Tennant) but another favourite Smith line is. "I can tell by your sofa...you're starting to look like it." :biggrin:
Also, Rory's last name is Williams right? And even though the Doctor jokes and calls them both Pond, I'm sure Amy didn't keep her last name. So by law is technically Amy Williams. Therefore their kid is called

Spoiler

I just felt like throwing that out there. Poor Rory gets no love :love:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
SFX teasers for a Good Man Goes to War

And as a note to those who don't really click spoiler tags, none of these are spoilers tbh. They are spoiler-free teasers.

Spoiler

:teeth:

The most curious one is A throwaway line from last season becomes a major plot device

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ??????????????????

Spoiler

Interesting observation! It definitely makes sense :eek:
Also, Rory's last name is Williams right? And even though the Doctor jokes and calls them both Pond, I'm sure Amy didn't keep her last name. So by law is technically Amy Williams. Therefore their kid is called

Spoiler

I just felt like throwing that out there. Poor Rory gets no love :love:

Also, if River is the little girl, then surely she would have said something in DotM, as she would have known who the little girl was.

Although she does seem pretty good at keeping secrets about the future...
Original post by HereBeDragons
Also, if River is the little girl, then surely she would have said something in DotM, as she would have known who the little girl was.

Although she does seem pretty good at keeping secrets about the future...

Yeah she'd remember it all surely. And she had no idea who the little girl was. There's a difference between being good at keeping secrets and acting totally oblivious to stuff :holmes:

What I want to know is, if she was the little girl, why would she change her name from

Spoiler

to River Song? :holmes:
I bet we'll see ducks in this episode :gah:
Yeah she'd remember it all surely. And she had no idea who the little girl was. There's a difference between being good at keeping secrets and acting totally oblivious to stuff :holmes:

What I want to know is, if she was the little girl, why would she change her name from

Spoiler

to River Song? :holmes:

Just a thought: In DotM, the bloke who ran the children's home said the Silence insisted the little girl was well cared for, and she seemed to be in a spacesuit designed to protect her and keep her healthy. So if the Silence are looking after Amy's daughter, could they actually be good?

Also, why was the girl scared of the spaceman, when she was in the spacesuit? Could she actually mean the Doctor (it was Donna's nickname for him, after all)? And this is meant to be the Doctor's darkest hour, when he falls further than ever before... :holmes:
Reply 4389
Just a thought: In DotM, the bloke who ran the children's home said the Silence insisted the little girl was well cared for, and she seemed to be in a spacesuit designed to protect her and keep her healthy. So if the Silence are looking after Amy's daughter, could they actually be good?

Also, why was the girl scared of the spaceman, when she was in the spacesuit? Could she actually mean the Doctor (it was Donna's nickname for him, after all)? And this is meant to be the Doctor's darkest hour, when he falls further than ever before... :holmes:

Didn't think of that! I thought it was just she was scared of going into the space suit, that or there was another spaceman (we don't actually know that it was the girl who shot the Doctor, do we? it could have been another someone/something in another space suit)

You know, if Amy's child turns out to not be Rory's... I'm gonna be so sad for him :frown: Poor guy!
Original post by vixki
Didn't think of that! I thought it was just she was scared of going into the space suit, that or there was another spaceman (we don't actually know that it was the girl who shot the Doctor, do we? it could have been another someone/something in another space suit)

You know, if Amy's child turns out to not be Rory's... I'm gonna be so sad for him :frown: Poor guy!

Or, the little girl could have shot the spaceman she was scared of... (although she might have grown up into someone we do or don't know, by then)
I can't watch the preview clip right now - can anyone give me a little synopsis of what happens/is said? I know it's only short but it seems to concern River so I'm a bit excited to know :biggrin:

EDIT: Just read the red colour speculations - sounds a bit Sixth Sense-y to me :ninja:
(edited 12 years ago)
I wonder if the Doctor would go off the scale, leading him to try and kill Hitler :awesome:
And after all the ruckus he'll cause, maybe he'll need somebody to erase everyone's memory of him.

I wonder :awesome:

I don't think that the Silence can be good - other Doctor Who aliens had run away from them scared, and it killed that woman in the bathroom for no reason whatsoever (not like she could go and tell anyone about what she had seen after all!). I think they just wanted her looked after cos she's important for them
Original post by vixki

I've always thought when the little girl is saying the spaceman is coming to get her, she's already in the suit and is actually meaning the Silence are coming to get her (as they're aliens, and therefore spacemen) :holmes:

Yeah I hope the kid is Rory's. Poor guy get's enough s*** :frown:

Original post by Pandora.
I can't watch the preview clip right now - can anyone give me a little synopsis of what happens/is said? I know it's only short but it seems to concern River so I'm a bit excited to know :biggrin:

EDIT: Just read the red colour speculations - sounds a bit Sixth Sense-y to me :ninja:

The River preview sum up:

Spoiler

The River preview sum up:

Spoiler

Ah, thanks :smile: I'll have t watch it ASAP. Is it quite sad? I've heard it is :colondollar:
Ah, thanks :smile: I'll have t watch it ASAP. Is it quite sad? I've heard it is :colondollar:

Watch it watch it watch it!! :biggrin: Well I feel sad for River, but it's not like :cry: There is however the whole, my life is backwards to everyone else and no one understands undertone :tongue:
Watch it watch it watch it!! :biggrin: Well I feel sad for River, but it's not like :cry: There is however the whole, my life is backwards to everyone else and no one understands undertone :tongue:

Good, I'm in a room full of people and I doubt it would go down well :biggrin:
Have we discussed the River audio thing on the DW website?
"Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Night will fall and drown the sun,
When a good man goes to war
Friendship dies and true love lies.
Night will fall and the dark will rise,
When a good man goes to war."

Very poetic :smile:
Good, I'm in a room full of people and I doubt it would go down well :biggrin:
Have we discussed the River audio thing on the DW website?

Do it!! *Silence powers of suggestion* :tongue:

Ooh, no. What is this? :smile:

Latest