The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superxo2
I think it's the younger version of River since she killed "the best man she ever knew", then the older version of River watched it on the beach and she knew all along that he was going to die.... since she killed him when she was younger?

River knows how Doctor dies.
Doctor knows how River dies.
Original post by sleekchic
Still doesn't explain a few things.

1. How did the Doctor figure out who River was from his cradle? It would have made sense if it was from Lorna's leaf but his cot?

2. Why did River try to get Amy to read the Doctor's cot and not Lorna's leaf?

Also we still don't know why River is in prison.

I'm guessing that killing a good man is metaphorical because the Doctor has to become less of a threat but still...

1.Didn't he ask who she was and she took him to the cot. Reads it as Melody Pond so River Song=Melody Pond.
Reply 5062
Original post by Tasneemo
I think at the end of series 6, I'm still going to prefer series 5.

Hey we're still only halfway through!
Did I just miss it or was one of the teasers not in the actual episode?

Spoiler

When River comes and says the things about his name, and how they kept it from him.. It really confuses me.

'They' being the part when River says 'we'. WHO COULD THEY BE :s-smilie:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b011rf7y/Doctor_Who_Series_6_A_Good_Man_Goes_to_War/
Original post by Rayel
Hey we're still only halfway through!

I know, I just don't like where this one is heading. Maybe I'll be completely wrong and I'll love series 6 more, but so far I like series 5 better.
I just had a thought....

It was repeatedly stated that Rory's a nurse. Nurses stand in for doctors when they're not around. Looks like the doctor is going to die, so maybe some of the episodes in the next half will involve River, Amy and Rory sorting everything out after the Doctor has died to save him, and Rory is the important one. River can work the TARDIS, so there's no reason why they can't have a few episodes with the Doctor dead.

EDIT: Changed my theory. :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by HereBeDragons
Did I just miss it or was one of the teasers not in the actual episode?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh and by the way, does anyone else get the feeling that it isn't actually a headless monk getting the information from the blue man, but actually the Doctor and Rory? :/

But I did see the Doctor being under the hood coming a mile off. Well, it was either going to be him or rory. But I knew it!
Reply 5068
Original post by Svenjamin
I just had a thought....

It was repeatedly stated that Rory's a nurse. Nurses stand in for doctors when they're not around. Looks like the doctor is going to die, so maybe some of the episodes in the next half will involve River, Amy and Rory sorting everything out after the Doctor has died to save him, and Rory is the important one. River can work the TARDIS, so there's no reason why they can't have a few episodes with the Doctor dead.

You can't have a string episodes of Doctor Who without The Doctor in them!
We still don't know why the Tardis exploded. :frown:

But, awesome episode anyway; can't wait to see how the time-child

Spoiler

comes to end up killing the Doctor - unless when the Doctor

Spoiler

he tells her to kill him, for some reason or other.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tasneemo

Spoiler

Oh and by the way, does anyone else get the feeling that it isn't actually a headless monk getting the information from the blue man, but actually the Doctor and Rory? :/

But I did see the Doctor being under the hood coming a mile off. Well, it was either going to be him or rory. But I knew it!

I know it was a prequel, but I thought they were clips from the actual episode, like the one with River talking to Rory...
Reply 5071
The little girl (who we now know to be River) can regenerate.

So why did she not regenerate in the Silence of the Library?
Original post by Zii
You can't have a string episodes of Doctor Who without The Doctor in them!

Well it's obviously not going to be for long, and it looks like there's no avoiding that the doctor IS going to die. May even just be the finale, with the doctor dying, everyone thinking there's no hope and then everything coming together for Rory to save the day. If it's anything like Bad Wolf etc. the nurse thing is only going to come into play at the very end of the series.
Original post by ??????????????????
1.Didn't he ask who she was and she took him to the cot. Reads it as Melody Pond so River Song=Melody Pond.

Why is River's name on the Doctor's cot?
Original post by superxo2
I think it's the younger version of River since she killed "the best man she ever knew", then the older version of River watched it on the beach and she knew all along that he was going to die.... since she killed him when she was younger?

If The younger version of River was in the spacesuit then surely River wouldnt have said to Amy that she was toying with the idea of killing the astronaut in 1969 to prevent it killing the dr in 2011? Because if she was looking back on her past she'd remember being in the suit and would know how things turn out?

Episode was fairly disappointing because I was so wishing that River turned out to be someone completely unexpected. That said, enjoyable to watch. But nowhere near as good as tIO or DotM.
Original post by Zii

I think it was implied that even the Doctor would have died in that episode. He wouldn't have regenerated also.

I know it was a prequel, but I thought they were clips from the actual episode, like the one with River talking to Rory...

You're confusing trailers with prequels. Prequels are scenes that happen before the episode, teasers are clips from the episode.

A prequel is a clip of something completely new, that is not shown in the episode. It's like a back-story, so you won't see it in the episode.
So the litle scene in the prequel where the blue man gives the information happened before A Good Man Goes To War, but it will never be shown on TV.
Original post by nbrz_emma
If The younger version of River was in the spacesuit then surely River wouldnt have said to Amy that she was toying with the idea of killing the astronaut in 1969 to prevent it killing the dr in 2011? Because if she was looking back on her past she'd remember being in the suit and would know how things turn out?

Episode was fairly disappointing because I was so wishing that River turned out to be someone completely unexpected. That said, enjoyable to watch. But nowhere near as good as tIO or DotM.

Maybe Rory kills him for screwing with his young, impressionable daughter...
Original post by Zii

Because it would have killed the Doctor (as stated in the episode) so even River would not be able to regenerate.

What I am totally confused about is, since the little girl regenerating is River (unless there's another part timelord running about :eek:) how come she was so confused by who the little girl was? etc

Unless her mind was wiped or unless she's a REALLY good liar.... :s-smilie:

:holmes:

Latest