The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BenjyK
Massood shouldve destroyed Ian for calling him a loser, noone's lower than Ian Beal, I'm sure even Ian knows that, must be so soul destroying for the actor to play such a detestable character, i pray for his sake that he wear's a fat suit and face mask for the role and doesn't actually look like that in real life...

If i saw him crossing the road my body would instinctively run him over before my brain realized, i think i now know what caused people to spit at Ronnie in the street...

Not too soul destroying when you're getting paid a six figure salary to play that destestable character.

Original post by mel0n
Just to add, that dancing was hilariously cringeworthy!

It sure was, especially the girls'. Lauren, whether acting or showing real feelings, just could tell she hated doing that! Where did she come from in that dance as I can't remember her doing the rehearsals. And also it appears it takes a Muslim wedding to make the most of the square disappear...
Reply 9021
Is this England? Looks more like middle Eastenders to me.
Reply 9022
Original post by RedGuy
Is this England? Looks more like middle Eastenders to me.

It is London. Imagine if it was set in Bradford :afraid:
Just watched 7 episodes in a row. Tanya in that red dress....WOW!
Whats gwannin' with mercy and in asian clothes as well. She looked awful man, they need to get rid ASAP snm my people
Original post by Lehmber Hussainpuri
Zainab looked hot in that dress today :coma:

*sigh* The things that I could do to her. :coma: :sexface:
Original post by mel0n
Yusuf and Masood both live in the B&B :s-smilie: :s-smilie: ?

I'm watching it a bit late :colondollar: Why is Afia having her mehndi done ON the day :colonhash: you're meant to have it done a day before the wedding day itself :colondollar: but she looks :coma:

Also, I also thought that Tanya will get preg but it'll be Max's baby :o:

They're supposed to be playing a Pakistani family, but come across more as Indian.

e.g.
Alcohol at the wedding?
Bride and groom dancing on the wedding day?
Zainab in a sleeveless low cut top?
Afiaa with a skimpy blouse showing belly on wedding day?

I know it's fiction, but that wedding was like an Indian one.
Im not taking yusef seriously as a muslim if he goes to the pub and drinks alcohol, i know there are some that do this but im just finidng it hard to believe :colonhash:

that mendi dance thing was rubbish compared to syeds one tbh :love: but tamwar dancing was just LOOOOOOOOL!

I want this story over though, i cant stand afias voice any longer D: oh yh have to agree that Zainab looked ****ing sexy in her traditional wear :drool:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9028
I caught up on like 2weeks of Eastenders this morning (?couldnt sleep), it's about to gt serious!

Tamwars' wedding is definitely dry compared to Syeds'.
Reply 9029
When Ian Beale calls you a loser, you know you've hit rock bottom.
Zainab actually looked hot? Wtf, gotta catch up on this shizzle.
Reply 9031
LOVED IT!! major CHEESE factor with the dhols and procession through the square and they are majorly dragging out this yusef ****!! i want more bianca & ricky and alfie and kat!!!
Reply 9032
Original post by Roobsa
Kim's so funny.

I <3 Kim :love: ... She seems so fun to have as a friend lol

And I love her reason for not getting married:

"I couldn't deny the male population all of this by restricting it to one man? Do you know what I mean?" :yep:
I didn't spot Mercy at the Mendhi party
Reply 9034
Original post by lizard-tongue
They're supposed to be playing a Pakistani family, but come across more as Indian.

e.g.
Alcohol at the wedding?

Yeah it was more of an Indian style... Although on the last point regarding the bride's clothing, it was just the Mehndi.. but even on the Mehndi the bride-to-be wears something a bit different :p:
Reply 9035
Original post by Lehmber Hussainpuri
I didn't spot Mercy at the Mendhi party

She was dancing next to Afia
Original post by znh
She was dancing next to Afia

I need to rewatch that ****
Original post by lizard-tongue

e.g.
Alcohol at the wedding?

Fully agree on all points. EE's interpretation of a Muslim/Pakistani family is one which is completely alien to any Muslim/Pakistani's traditions who watch the show. Some elements of the mehndi are fine, but alcohol?! When it comes to the specifics of the Islamic and Pakistani traditions that EE show, some of them just make me laugh!
Original post by Aky786UK
Fully agree on all points. EE's interpretation of a Muslim/Pakistani family is one which is completely alien to any Muslim/Pakistani's traditions who watch the show. Some elements of the mehndi are fine, but alcohol?! When it comes to the specifics of the Islamic and Pakistani traditions that EE show, some of them just make me laugh!

The storywriter is a joke, in a scene Denise says ''i made sure all the food was Halal'', then minutes later we see Kim pouring Shamim/Shanaz (Afia's Aunty) a drink from what seemed like an alcohol bottle. EE is a joke, I don't know why people still follow it.
(edited 12 years ago)
I have missed this thread so much. I want Greg to find out that his sperm is like, not working and for Tanya to get pregnant with Max's spawn.

Latest