The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheCrackInTime

How dare they!
For anyone whose interested, qwertee have The Whos tshirt on sale http://qwertee.com/

Ok... so when America got Torchwood before us, I was a bit annoyed but could deal. Similarly, when Canada was getting it before us, I thought it was logical since America was getting it before us. BUT AUSTRALIA?!?! WHAT THE ACTUAL ----?!?! That's just ridiculous...
They can do whatever they want, they paid for it.
Australia didn't put any money in to it - did they?
Original post by LastLordofTime
Australia didn't put any money in to it - did they?

They probably did which is why they are getting it at the same time as the US.

After all in Australia Doctor Who is usually transmitted a couple of weeks after the UK transmission date so maybe the Aussies paid for Torchwood or paid extra or something.
Original post by SirMasterKey
I reckon it was just rubbish. Also who doesn't offer to help regardless of who it is?

Having watched AGMGTW again, how on Earth is Rory the last of his kind? :lolwut:

He's the last centurion :smile:
Original post by sleekchic
They probably did which is why they are getting it at the same time as the US.

After all in Australia Doctor Who is usually transmitted a couple of weeks after the UK transmission date so maybe the Aussies paid for Torchwood or paid extra or something.

It was a co-production between BBC Wales, BBC America and Starz, according to all the information I could muster up :sadnod:

Mehhh. Doesn't matter. Doesn't change the fact I'm not waiting for the BBC broadcast...
It was paid for by America, mostly, who give a lot to Australia due to them having quite a lot of people there and certain connections.

We're a blip.

I would recommend watching it on the BBC as low ratings could cause America, Canada and Australia to be the ONLY ones to get it.
I will watch it again, probably, on Thursday, plus my mother watches it also (which means at least someone in my house will be watching it) so they're not losing anybody. I'm just not waiting until then to watch it.
Original post by HereBeDragons
How many other plastic-centurions-who-have-mysteriously-become-human-again have you seen?

I haven't seen any, time was reversed back when the cracks closed so Rory never died at all and then made into an auton.

Original post by Prettygeek
He's the last centurion :smile:

Well only in one regard that he remembers being one, he didn't in the end become one as the universe was reset.
Slightly off-topic, but can anyone tell me what the music played during Davros' "How many more?" speech in S04E13 is? I can't find it on the soundtrack! Well, at least not on the 30-second clips that amazon gives you.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
It should be "The Dream Of A Normal Death" taken from series 3. :smile:

Ah yes it is, thankyou!

That would explain why I can't find it on the S04 soundtrack :P
Original post by SirMasterKey
I haven't seen any, time was reversed back when the cracks closed so Rory never died at all and then made into an auton.

Well only in one regard that he remembers being one, he didn't in the end become one as the universe was reset.

But he still remembers being the Last Centurion - which is all that really matters.
While not about the tv show, there is a 'new' Doctor Who story out there... The Crash of the Elysium

Full Times review:

Spoiler

I've been :biggrin: [my brother is the assistant stage manager] and while it's a tad childish, it's also the closest you'll ever get to being in Doctor Who.
That seems to also be the Fourth Dimension clues we were having a look through after each episode, the second last one giving us that flickering black and white video message from the Doctor.

Within the play there were 3 or 4 video messages from the Doctor [and someone else], so could well have been the same one replayed.

Either way, tis cool and I was #1 :h:
Reply 5756
I wish it would restart now stupid break
Steven Moffat on Doctor Who in 2012, the 50th anniversary and the relevance of Rory's many deaths.

A Full Series of Doctor Who for 2012 - Steven Moffat

Yesterday at Comic Con Paris Steven Moffat was interviewed by Alain Carraz regarding the confusion of Doctor Who 2012.

At first, Moffat said Contrary to what you may have heard, there will be the same number of episodes next year. At the end of the conference, Steven Moffat returned to the subject to add There will be the same number of episodes. But its true that there will be a change in the mode of distribution. I would explain it all. Later.

Steven Moffat has also confirmed that the BBC has already been approached about the celebrations of the fiftieth anniversary of the series in 2013. He confined to know their intention was to make the best year for a fan of Doctor Who . Their plans are very ambitious.

Asked by a member of the public on killing Rory, Steven Moffat said Rory was really dead once. Describing himself as a romantic, he suggested that we should not worry too much for the future of the character. However, he added that dead Rory leads to something. There will be a pay-off.

Finally, River Song, and the season 6 revelation, Moffat quickly added that River Song, you do not know anything yet!

source (in French)

Yes its been translated from French, using Chrome, I do not Speak French, but I'm sure I am right, I welcome anyone doing the same! Is it possible the Moff has just told us the opposite of what we where lead to believe?

http://www.combom.co.uk/2011/07/full-series-of-doctor-who-for-2012.html
Nice info.

But I don't see anything that is the opposite of what we were led to believe?

Neither do I but I thought it was worth posting.

I posted it mainly for the bit about Rory tbh.
I'm not actually craving Doctor Who at all... I might start craving it a bit when we've got a date, and it's a bit closer to that date, but I'm really not fussed right now.

Latest