The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5940
Original post by S_123
I've just watched Series 5 and it was absolutely brilliant :biggrin: I only started watching from Series 6 and now I'm rewatching S6 and it makes so much more sense now :smile:

I wanted to ask, has there ever been a time where Amy is jealous of Rory with another girl? Because Rory is constantly insecure about Amy and the Doctor and I'd like to see that reciprocated sometime so that Rory can feel all special :biggrin:

in one episode he says the siren thing is the most beautiful thing hes ever seen and she gets annoyed and in the episodes with the flesh I think she gets jealous of that girl he spends time with.
Reply 5941
Original post by boba
in one episode he says the siren thing is the most beautiful thing hes ever seen and she gets annoyed and in the episodes with the flesh I think she gets jealous of that girl he spends time with.

Oh yeah! I remember now :smile: Better go rewatch!
Original post by S_123
I've just watched Series 5 and it was absolutely brilliant :biggrin: I only started watching from Series 6 and now I'm rewatching S6 and it makes so much more sense now :smile:

I wanted to ask, has there ever been a time where Amy is jealous of Rory with another girl? Because Rory is constantly insecure about Amy and the Doctor and I'd like to see that reciprocated sometime so that Rory can feel all special :biggrin:

Watch Silence in the Library and Forest of the dead too if you can. They're part of season 4.
Original post by LastLordofTime
Ah, I know which episode the Angels are in... That's one less section of the trailer that I can't place.

I hope it's

Spoiler

and they feature only for a few minutes. They shouldn't keep coming back. It just takes away from their terror.

Original post by Mess.
Thought not :awesome:

I really don't see why it is a problem. If people watching the show want a legit tweed jacket they will get one.

When James Bond has his Martini I seriously doubt it is actually Martini, yet you don't see anyone kicking up a fuss about that

What that is an outrage! :fuhrer:

A few things I remember from the trailer.

Spoiler

River with the eye-patch looks quite good. :coma: In fact it's the first time I've found her really attractive :teehee:

I wonder how Churchill will react when he finds out the Dr has helped him and Hitler. :awesome: Even if

Spoiler

At least they are alien cyber's and not parallel universe cybermen.

Rory might get into a bit of trouble in Ep 11. On the trailer pause on 34 seconds and you'll see the minotaur smash through the glass door with Rory just against the wall on the other side. :eek:

I wonder how the Doctor's death details came up on his tardis screen?

Is Kovarian in the Tardis as the Doctor looks like he is in the Tardis when he says, 'Haven't you worked that out yet?'

The Girl Who Waited- about time Amy waited for Rory after all the waiting he's done for her! I hope it's along those lines after someone posted how we don't see an older Rory, just an older Amy.
------------------------
New adventure game will be Guy Fawkes London.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/news/bulletin_110721_01/New_Adventure_Game_The_Explosive_Details
Reply 5944
song with eye patch and the angels! cant wait!
Just read an interesting theory - it's possible that the eyepatches will constantly show the image of a Silent so that you never forget them. I'd say rather than an image (as images of Silents get erased over time) it could be a direct video link - perhaps to the one that looks like it's in a tank. My main problem with this theory is that when you blink, you'd still probably forget. And when you slept. So... a bit flawed there.
Another theory about the eyepatch from combom: http://www.combom.co.uk/2011/07/doctor-who-speculation-why-is-river.html

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the Viking warrior with the eyepatch on is Odin from Norse mythology, that he's an alien of some sort, and that both River and Kovarian at different times have worn his eyepatch, which is some techno-thingy to allow the wearer to see everything at once or something (a power commonly attributed to Odin).

What leads me to this (admittedly shaky) conclusion? Odin is often depicted as one-eyed, and he collects great warriors to dine at his table in Valhalla, which is in Asgard the world of the gods until Ragnarök. And didn't River say that 'Doctor' has come to mean great warrior throughout the universe?

Furthermore, in River's first appearance ("Silence in the Library") she asked the Doctor whether they'd done the 'picnic at Asgard' yet. This year's series began with a picnic, after which the dead Doctor was set out on the lake in a burning boat, a Viking style funeral. And there have also been a number of hints throughout about the existence of different dimensions/universes existing alongside each other. Maybe it's a bit of a stretch, but I don't think so.
That's actually rather interesting, and I like it. Reminds me a bit of the War Games though. Also seems too complicated for Moffat. But who knows - alternate dimensions and augmented realities have come up quite a lot since Moffat took over.
Reply 5948

Just read an interesting theory - it's possible that the eyepatches will constantly show the image of a Silent so that you never forget them. I'd say rather than an image (as images of Silents get erased over time) it could be a direct video link - perhaps to the one that looks like it's in a tank. My main problem with this theory is that when you blink, you'd still probably forget. And when you slept. So... a bit flawed there.

Wouldn't that have been a problem for Canton 3rd in the tank with the Silence? He must have blinked a few times and at one point he turns his back to the Silent. He never seems to be re-shocked by it :/
Reply 5949
Original post by sleekchic

Another theory about the eyepatch from combom: http://www.combom.co.uk/2011/07/doctor-who-speculation-why-is-river.html

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the Viking warrior with the eyepatch on is Odin from Norse mythology, that he's an alien of some sort, and that both River and Kovarian at different times have worn his eyepatch, which is some techno-thingy to allow the wearer to see everything at once or something (a power commonly attributed to Odin).

What leads me to this (admittedly shaky) conclusion? Odin is often depicted as one-eyed, and he collects great warriors to dine at his table in Valhalla, which is in Asgard the world of the gods until Ragnarök. And didn't River say that 'Doctor' has come to mean great warrior throughout the universe?

Furthermore, in River's first appearance ("Silence in the Library&quot:wink: she asked the Doctor whether they'd done the 'picnic at Asgard' yet. This year's series began with a picnic, after which the dead Doctor was set out on the lake in a burning boat, a Viking style funeral. And there have also been a number of hints throughout about the existence of different dimensions/universes existing alongside each other. Maybe it's a bit of a stretch, but I don't think so.

Absolutely love it :yy: I really hope this plays out :h:

Furthermore, in River's first appearance ("Silence in the Library&quot:wink: she asked the Doctor whether they'd done the 'picnic at Asgard' yet. This year's series began with a picnic, after which the dead Doctor was set out on the lake in a burning boat, a Viking style funeral. And there have also been a number of hints throughout about the existence of different dimensions/universes existing alongside each other. Maybe it's a bit of a stretch, but I don't think so.

That's a tremendous theory :yy: Best one I've heard.

Very clever :holmes:
Hints posted on combom from "The Girl Who Waited". I didn't bother with spoilers because it's ridiculously cryptic.

Doctor Who's Tom MacRae Hints at Series 6 Episode "The Girl Who Waited"
In celebration of a swift 2000 followers on Twitter, Doctor Who scriptwriter Tom MacRae promised and delivered three quotes from his episode "The Girl Who Waited".

"How can you have a door without a wall?"
"The Green Anchor…The Red Waterfall."
"You want to update Twitter!?"

Start speculating, everyone!

MacRae, who previously wrote "The Age of Steel", went on to debunk one prevalent rumour about his Series 6 script.
Tom MacRae

My ep was NEVER called ‘The Green Anchor’, but the Green Anchor is very, VERY important! And also the best place to be.

Then he decided to be even more cryptic.

Amy’s favourite cat was called Biggles. What’s important is that’s the name she DIDN’T use later on..

"The Girl Who Waited" is Episode 10 of Series 6. Some reporting from this post came from Doctor Who TV.
Hints posted on combom from "The Girl Who Waited". I didn't bother with spoilers because it's ridiculously cryptic.

Doctor Who's Tom MacRae Hints at Series 6 Episode "The Girl Who Waited"
In celebration of a swift 2000 followers on Twitter, Doctor Who scriptwriter Tom MacRae promised and delivered three quotes from his episode "The Girl Who Waited".

"How can you have a door without a wall?" doorways to other dimensions, portals etc.?
"The Green Anchor…The Red Waterfall." our water theory one again, maybe anchor ties people to safety?
"You want to update Twitter!?" doctor who likes gadgets?

Start speculating, everyone!

MacRae, who previously wrote "The Age of Steel", went on to debunk one prevalent rumour about his Series 6 script.
Tom MacRae

My ep was NEVER called ‘The Green Anchor’, but the Green Anchor is very, VERY important! And also the best place to be.

Then he decided to be even more cryptic.

Amy’s favourite cat was called Biggles. What’s important is that’s the name she DIDN’T use later on.. Amy isn't quite Amy...

"The Girl Who Waited" is Episode 10 of Series 6. Some reporting from this post came from Doctor Who TV.

Answers in red
I know EXACTLY what's going to go on in that episode now!

Spoiler

Also about episode 10:

Matt Smith
Doctor Who star Matt Smith has described an upcoming episode as "trippy and psychedelic".

The actor told Wired that the tenth instalment of the current season, written by Tom MacRae, has the feel of a Stanley Kubrick film.

Smith said: "It's this mad, trippy, Kubrick-y sort of episode. But that's what Doctor Who at it's best should be. I think that's what they had in the '70's [and] that's what episode ten... does. It feels really trippy and weird."

Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a331754/matt-smith-new-doctor-who-episode-is-trippy.html
Karen Gillan reveals Let's Kill Hitler villain:

Karen Gillan
Karen Gillan has been talking to Zap2it again, this time about the second half of Series 6.

Speaking about Let’s Kill Hitler, she revealed the main villain of the episode isn’t Hitler, but something new: “There’s a really interesting villain and it’s called the Tesselectar.”

Obviously, that could well be spelt differently.

She added: “It’s so good. Alex Kingston gives an amazing performance.

Gillan also spoke about how Amy and River’s relationship will develop over the course of the remaining episodes: “Motherhood would change any woman, so it’s definitely going to be the same for Amy,” says Gillan. “We’re just going to see that relationship really explored between River and Amy. And something really interesting happens to Amy, which I can’t tell you about.

Gillan explained that she’s wants to see Amy’s life play out on the show: “We met her as a child, we’ve seen her as a young woman, we’ve seen her run away in the TARDIS, get married and now she’s had a child,” she says. “I would love to see her whole life play out, because we don’t normally get that with a companion.”

Source: Doctor Who TV http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/gillan-reveals-new-lets-kill-hitler-villain-22988.htm#ixzz1TIejCyAz
Wait a minute, I've noticed something. Does America get to watch the new episodes before us? :lolwut:
Original post by The Cornerstone
Wait a minute, I've noticed something. Does America get to watch the new episodes before us? :lolwut:

No, they get to watch it a couple of hours after us.

Latest