The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rory is alright.

I despise River Song. The actress who plays her, I like. Her character is just irritating though and as for her being all Time Lord-ish...Bitch, please :plz2:
Original post by LastLordofTime
Remember - Eyepatch River.

Possibly the eye patch is some sort of communication device?
Original post by SirMasterKey
Possibly the eye patch is some sort of communication device?

With the silence sending orders through it? Would explain Kovorian`s actions.
I don't dislike the character but I don't personally love him. However I don't know if having two companions is helping the character of Doctor Who. David Tennent series towards the end slipped into 'Doctor Who and Friends' way too much. He had like 7 companions at one time in the tardis. Okay we get it, he has friends from different life time bla bla.
(edited 12 years ago)
Have to say that episode was awesome. But so confusing. I caught a million flies cos my mouth was just hanging open the whole time. I just loved that sonic cane. I want it I want it I want it! And that episode has got me putting on my captain's hat and doing a little dance on the River/11 ship. They're too adorable. Rory was badass as always "Shut up, Hitler!" :love: Loved it all. Thank goodness, my faith was waning after the last anticlimatic episode.
Original post by elitepower
With the silence sending orders through it? Would explain Kovorian`s actions.

Or just to Kovarian and who ever has the same eye patch.
Could all members of The Silence have an eyepatch?

And I feel that River wearing the eyepatch is a clever disguise courtesy of that lipstick she has.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
The line that the Doctor whispers to River before he dies is 'these are the bad clones'.

Now the speculation begins on whether that is just filler dialogue for Matt or an important point. Filler it seems given River's reaction. Interesting tidbit anyway.

How do you know that?

Besides why would she say "I'm sure she already knows that"?
The line that the Doctor whispers to River before he dies is 'these are the bad clones'.

Now the speculation begins on whether that is just filler dialogue for Matt or an important point. Filler it seems given River's reaction. Interesting tidbit anyway.

'These are the bad clones'

'I think she already knows that'

She being Kovarian maybe?
Original post by tufc
Yes. The actor is crap, the character is just plain boring, and they've ruined the tradition of the Doctor having one female companion, who he always got close to having relationship with, but it never quite happened. Now we've got this bumbling excuse of a human being just ruining things, and ruining the savage beauty of a man and woman travelling through time and space together. Doctor Who has been rubbish for ages; if I'd never seen it before, I'd guess it's some kind of spin-off of Chucklevision.

So what did you make of the 4th and 5th Doctor having Adric, Nyssa and Tegan as companions?
Original post by SirMasterKey
So what did you make of the 4th and 5th Doctor having Adric, Nyssa and Tegan as companions?

Exactly. That was the point where the TARDIS got far too overcrowded. There are a few stories from that era where the Doctor was more like a father running around after his children than a Time Lord, Four To Doomsday springs to mind. Even when the fourth Doctor travelled with Sarah Jane, I always thought that Harry was overlooked too much, more like the bumbling sidekick.

Furthermore, the Doctor doesn't need to have just one female companion, some of the best have been male.
Why are people complaining about episodes where everyone got involved and he had 7 companions in the Tardis? Imo seeing the P.O.V of Sarah Jane, Torchwood and the Doctor worked best because it brought the 'Who Universe' that we know together
SFX's 20 Teasers for Doctor Who "Night Terrors"
The following twenty teasers are courtesy of SFX's spoiler-free preview.
1 It’s 99.9% arc plot free

2 It’s a small-scale, intimate, claustrophobic episode. The main stars are the shadows

3 It’s a very simple tale. Perhaps too simple for some tastes. There’s little in the actual plot that hasn’t been done in telefantasy before a number of times before

4 On the other hand it’s rich in atmosphere, and the monsters are freaky

5 It has the best use of sound design in the show since “Midnight”

6 The direction and lighting make even the most mundane settings look eerie and otherworldly

7 The Doctor does something he hasn’t done in a while

8 There’s a twin dilemma

9 Amy’s hair makes her easy to spot

10 If you listen carefully to the soundtrack, you’ll discover that the episode isn’t quite as contemporary as it may seem (though this could just be the production team hoping we’re not sad enough to Google these things)

11 Somebody doesn’t want to be Sherpa Tenzing

12 “Maybe it was junk mail?’

13 The Doctor has a post-modern rebuttal for his real world critics

14 Daniel Mays is excellent he forms a very watchable partnership with Matt Smith and delivers one of the best, “Eh!?”s in the show’s history

15 The biscuit agenda is back!

16 Somebody gets floored

17 There’s a genuinely creepy transformation

18 Somebody can’t plump for Brian like he normally does

19 The show does something it was criticised for back in 1964… and does it big time

20 Listen carefully at the end
Number 19 says (I think) that the sonic screwdriver will solve all the problems.
Mel has a red car.
The Doctor ties the diary with a red ribbon.
Aah the amount of red things in Dr Who just keeps on getting longer :smile: No idea what it means though.

Isn't that the kind of information that should be in a spoiler? Bad Ape!!
And it would only be a spoiler if the scene hadn't aired yet.
Reply 6438
Original post by Tasneemo
Mel has a red car.
The Doctor ties the diary with a red ribbon.
Aah the amount of red things in Dr Who just keeps on getting longer :smile: No idea what it means though.

Is it something to do with children? It seems to come up when children are about (Mel being Amy's child) (red balloon when the ganger meets his kid)
Original post by LastLordofTime
And it would only be a spoiler if the scene hadn't aired yet.

It's not a spoiler because it's filler rather than dialogue relevant to the plot. It's just something for Matt to say. :tongue:

But I gathered by the whispering it in River's ear that we weren't supposed to know yet.

Latest