The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Christien
Don't get why it had to be a goddamn minotaur (you could very tenuously link it to the whole 'hotel as maze of fears' theme, I suppose), but **** it.

It was a weird choice I suppose :confused:

Though it has some reasoning to it, The God Complex, and it was a complex to house a god. :wink: That and the whole Minotaur in a labyrinth and the people were offered up to the minotaur as they were in this?

I think its eyes were too blue, looked silly imo. :tongue:
Imo, generally this season has been weak. It started of great but recent episodes show it becoming weaker and weaker.
I mean, it's a great storyline they've got with River being Amy&Rory's child but the actors seem to lack chemistry when doing a scene with all three of them. However, if it's only two of them in one scene then the chemistry isn't as bad :confused:
And the whole "Doctor dies" thing seems so awkward because they don't seem to have been building up to it. I mean fine, River comes, River goes like she has always done but I figured they would do something a bit more because this season has so much potential as they've built a family around her.
I just hope the last two episodes change my mind.
Original post by Vixen47
Imo, generally this season has been weak. It started of great but recent episodes show it becoming weaker and weaker.
I mean, it's a great storyline they've got with River being Amy&Rory's child but the actors seem to lack chemistry when doing a scene with all three of them. However, if it's only two of them in one scene then the chemistry isn't as bad :confused:
And the whole "Doctor dies" thing seems so awkward because they don't seem to have been building up to it. I mean fine, River comes, River goes like she has always done but I figured they would do something a bit more because this season has so much potential as they've built a family around her.

I don't think the next one will have much in the way of plot. :rolleyes: Though the

Spoiler

should be good.

I'm hoping there'll be a, "oohhhh, it was all planned out and no-one saw it!" moment in the finale wrapping everything up nicely and not in 5 seconds...but who knows?

I stand by my point that some episodes need to be an hour long. :tongue:

I also start many a sentence with "I."

I. :zomg:
I just don't understand how they're going to resolve all the loose ends in one episode :/ I have an awful feeling the episode is going to start out well, take forever to develop (whilst becoming more and more complicated) and end very quickly with a rubbish conclusion that doesn't answer all questions D:
Reply 6744
Original post by Vixen47

Yeah, I think the storyline's got worse recently - I thought the build up to AGMGTW was really good... however with the whole "Oh Amy's baby is now a fully grown woman lets forget about her..." thing its getting a bit annoying. Unless the forgetfulness is a plot device, the fact that Amy and Rory almost never mention their daughter is sooo bugging me.
Minor spoiler about the age of the Doctor in the next episode...

Spoiler

Original post by Rascacielos
Apologies if the following have already been speculated upon - I've been away for the weekend:

- I think my previous theory about there being more than one Doctor here is pretty well supported (if I may say so myself :tongue:), although they both seem to have the same timeline. I'll explain: the Doctor had blue bow-tie on in this episode, but in the next episode he had his long coat again. I'm fairly sure this isn't just a random costume change because it's happened too many times now. But, as I said, their timelines and past events seem to be congruent - in Let's Kill Hitler, both Doctors were dying and in yesterday's episode, both Doctors seem to be without Amy/Rory (the Doctor goes away on his own at the end and there is no sign of Amy/Rory in next week's episode with the long-coated Doctor).

I did get the impression today that there were two Doctor's running around that hotel - the switch from the Doctor sitting at the table with the first possessed guy (the gambler) to the Doctor picking him up on that chair lift thingy seemed too sudden (guess it could have been poor cinematography) and there was a clip with the Doctor running around the hotel, and he appeared twice running in opposite directions (although I suppose the hotel rooms do change so that might be the reason). Either way, I got the sense there was more to today's episode than meets the eye.

Also, I got the impression that the squished nose I-like-to-be-defeated guy is more important than we think. I was expecting all through the episode for him to turn out to be the bad guy.

The above might answer your question.
Reply 6746
Sorry but this picture has actually made me go into meltdown!! :eek:
Its a spoiler about the final episode so I'll spoiler tag it

Reply 6747
Original post by Gaara.
Sorry but this picture has actually made me go into meltdown!! :eek:
Its a spoiler about the final episode so I'll spoiler tag it

Why has it made you go into meltdown? It doesn't really have anything we don't already know. Unless i'm missing something :confused:
Original post by humy369
Why has it made you go into meltdown? It doesn't really have anything we don't already know. Unless i'm missing something :confused:

Spoiler

Judging by the outdated and irrelevant episode description, I wouldn't put too much attention on the cast which is probably a sum of all the main characters in the new series.
Exciting stuff.

Closing Time Teasers

Spoiler

Closing Time spoiler info about ending. Not a huge spoiler. Well...

Spoiler

Fourteen teasers for the finale, from both Closing Time and The Wedding of River Song (yes, I called it the episode because the title is not a spoiler)

Spoiler

Just a random thought; do you think there's any relevance to River Song being a 'Doctor'?
Original post by ellie-wellie
Just a random thought; do you think there's any relevance to River Song being a 'Doctor'?

Yes but not in the way that a person might immediately think.

If I had to theorise, I would say it's a name given during marriage.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Yes but not in the way that a person might immediately think.

If I had to theorise, I would say it's a name given during marriage.

Cryptic...

It would be far to obvious if she actually married the Doctor though. I would be SO dissapointed if she did.
Original post by ellie-wellie
Cryptic...

It would be far to obvious if she actually married the Doctor though. I would be SO dissapointed if she did.

I think she did but also think that it was in no way a proper marriage at all or as simple as one would be. A bit similar to say how in The Doctor's Daughter, it wasn't really his daughter. And perhaps the same can be said for 'The Doctor's Wife'.
Minor spoiler about the age of the Doctor in the next episode...

Spoiler

The above might answer your question.

Ok. Thanks for sharing that. I'm even more confused now then, because the Doctor in the long coat is 200 years old but so is the one in the short tweed jacket (because he's wearing the tweed one when he dies in Utah).
Wonder what the oldest question hidden in plain sight is...

We have our theories here:

Spoiler

Original post by Rascacielos
Ok. Thanks for sharing that. I'm even more confused now then, because the Doctor in the long coat is 200 years old but so is the one in the short tweed jacket (because he's wearing the tweed one when he dies in Utah).

He can get changed you know :tongue:
Judging by the outdated and irrelevant episode description, I wouldn't put too much attention on the cast which is probably a sum of all the main characters in the new series.

Spoiler

Exciting stuff.

Closing Time Teasers

Spoiler

Closing Time spoiler info about ending. Not a huge spoiler. Well...

Spoiler

Fourteen teasers for the finale, from both Closing Time and The Wedding of River Song (yes, I called it the episode because the title is not a spoiler)

Spoiler

Answers in bold

Latest