The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6880
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
The poison would kill him because it was going to stop both his hearts at the same time - preventing him from regenerating. Flesh can't operate without someone controlling them, the only reason the ones in those episodes came to control was because of the storm wasn't it?

Plus if they WERE travelling with a Ganger Doctor, he would've known what the flesh was as soon as he encountered it. As well as the Doctor being younger than his dead counterpart, and being surprised by his death date. If the Doctor made a flesh copy of himself, surely he would tell himself the plan so he'd know to lie to Amy and Rory about his age? After all "Who does the Doctor trust more than anyone else in the universe?"

I'm pretty sure this Doctor they're travelling with is just a younger one.

A ganger doctor was created in the episode with the gangers. It was suggested that when he was left behind he was dead, however we did not see his death so it is entirely possible he still exists.
Original post by fwed1
A ganger doctor was created in the episode with the gangers. It was suggested that when he was left behind he was dead, however we did not see his death so it is entirely possible he still exists.

I'm not disputing the fact that a ganger doctor was created (we conflict in the fact that I think he IS dead, but that's irrelevant) but the point being made in the post I replied to is that the Doctor travelled with them since episode 1 is a ganger Doctor, who wouldn't be created until episode 5. For the younger Doctor in episode 1 to be the ganger Doctor in episode 5 a paradox would have to be able to exist - and we know paradoxes aren't allowed in Doctor Who :tongue:

(The paradox being that the ganger Doctor would be around because he created himself.)
Reply 6882
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I'm not disputing the fact that a ganger doctor was created (we conflict in the fact that I think he IS dead, but that's irrelevant) but the point being made in the post I replied to is that the Doctor travelled with them since episode 1 is a ganger Doctor, who wouldn't be created until episode 5. For the younger Doctor in episode 1 to be the ganger Doctor in episode 5 a paradox would have to be able to exist - and we know paradoxes aren't allowed in Doctor Who :tongue:

(The paradox being that the ganger Doctor would be around because he created himself.)

Why would the doctor in ep 1 need to be a ganger? I think it was the original doctor up until episode 5 and since then they have been switching until finally the ganger dies.
Why is it so bloody hard to find The Eleventh Hour online? I just want to watch it! I don't mind if it's in 10 parts on Youtube if I could just FIND 10 COHESIVE PARTS BUT NO ALL I'M FINDING ARE MISMATCHED CLIPS AND RETARDED PARODIES :rant:

I've actually never watched the episode before :sad:
It annoys me that Moffat think it's better to produce FOUR pointless filler episodes back-to-back and rush to resolve everything he's laid down over a two series arc in a single episode than actually pace things properly and have a proper, arc-relevant penultimate episode and a proper two-part finale.
Would anybody have missed NT, TGWW, TGC OR CT if they'd been replaced by genuine quality episodes that mentioned River/The TARDIS explosion/The Doctor's Death/The Silence/Kovarian etc?

Hell, an entire episode devoted to tracing the origins and history of the Silence, perhaps from a young Kovarian's POV would've been fantastic.

But instead we get James bloody Corden.
Original post by The Anti-Hero
It annoys me that Moffat think it's better to produce FOUR pointless filler episodes back-to-back and rush to resolve everything he's laid down over a two series arc in a single episode than actually pace things properly and have a proper, arc-relevant penultimate episode and a proper two-part finale.
Would anybody have missed NT, TGWW, TGC OR CT if they'd been replaced by genuine quality episodes that mentioned River/The TARDIS explosion/The Doctor's Death/The Silence/Kovarian etc?

Hell, an entire episode devoted to tracing the origins and history of the Silence, perhaps from a young Kovarian's POV would've been fantastic.

But instead we get James bloody Corden.

I'm not being funny, but I'm actually starting to see more and more posts this series (around the internet) complaining about Moffat. Seems this series isn't as popular as expected.

I agree with you by the way.
I started watching doctor who last series and I think Stephen Moffat's alright. I suppose it all depends what style of writing you are used to.
Original post by Pandora.
I'm not being funny, but I'm actually starting to see more and more posts this series (around the internet) complaining about Moffat. Seems this series isn't as popular as expected.

I agree with you by the way.

I was so happy when he took over.
I still think he's 100x better than RTD and I think I like his vision for Doctor Who better, but I just strongly dislike filler and "Monster of the Week" style storylines, especially when there's SO MUCH LEFT TO RESOLVE IN JUST ONE EPISODE.

Miracle Day had the same problem and it ended horribly because everything was rushed due to there being 3 or 4 episodes where absolutely nothing of interest or worth happened.

Maybe my expectations are high, I suppose DW is a family show and we shouldn't expect intricate plots all the while but still...
(edited 12 years ago)
PLEASE don't let the solution to everything be 'love' or the equally cop-outish 'time can be rewritten'. ANYTHING but that.
I was so happy when he took over.
I still think he's 100x better than RTD and I think I like his vision for Doctor Who better, but I just strongly dislike filler and "Monster of the Week" style storylines, especially when there's SO MUCH LEFT TO RESOLVE IN JUST ONE EPISODE.

Miracle Day had the same problem and it ended horribly because everything was rushed due to their being 3 or 4 episodes where absolutely nothing of interest or worth happened.

Maybe my expectations are high, I suppose DW is a family show and we shouldn't expect intricate plots all the while but still...

What makes you think he intends to resolve all of it in the next episode? The silence falling and the TARDIS exploding are plotlines from last series which Moffat hasn't yet explained, so some of the plotlines could be left until next year.
Original post by HereBeDragons
What makes you think he intends to resolve all of it in the next episode? The silence falling and the TARDIS exploding are plotlines from last series which Moffat hasn't yet explained, so some of the plotlines could be left until next year.

Pretty sure Moffat said all questions would be answered in the finale and that you would just have new questions come up.
the two episodes in america that kicked off the two series' were Amazing
its been down hill ever since
Original post by HereBeDragons

Partly because SM promised to answer all of our questions before the series closes and partly because this story really isn't strong enough to endure another series.

The River Song arc needs closure soon.
Very soon.
(edited 12 years ago)
Partly because SM promised to answer all of our questions before the series closes and partly because this story really isn't strong enough to endure another series.

The River Song arc needs closure soon.
Very soon.

Sadly I still doubt that it will.

She fills the book with her adventures with the Doctor. I reckon she'll be the full time companion at some point. Possibly the next series.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Sadly I still doubt that it will.

She fills the book with her adventures with the Doctor. I reckon she'll be the full time companion at some point. Possibly the next series.

I really dislike River Song.
It's not so much the character concept; I find that thoroughly interesting.

But Alex Kingston's portrayal of her frustrates me no end. I struggle to watch any scene that she's in without cringing. She's not sexy, she's not funny, she's just...
Argh.
I really dislike River Song.
It's not so much the character concept; I find that thoroughly interesting.

But Alex Kingston's portrayal of her frustrates me no end. I struggle to watch any scene that she's in without cringing. She's not sexy, she's not funny, she's just...
Argh.

I don't mind the portrayal.

It's the character concept that has really gotten to me. She's just become the focal point and is just constantly like 'Hmmm I don't know this...spoilers, I knew all along :cool:'

I suppose my problem with her is that, she's part-time lord, Amy and Rory's daughter AND been programmed to kill the Doctor.

The combination of all of them just doesn't sit with me at all.
Original post by SirMasterKey
I don't mind the portrayal.

It's the character concept that has really gotten to me. She's just become the focal point and is just constantly like 'Hmmm I don't know this...spoilers, I knew all along :cool:'

I suppose my problem with her is that, she's part-time lord, Amy and Rory's daughter AND been programmed to kill the Doctor.

The combination of all of them just doesn't sit with me at all.

She's certainly become too much of a focal point.
In fact, between River and Amy and Rory and now even Craig it seems like for much of this series, the Doctor has almost been a passenger in his own series. It's rare that he's outsmarted his foes without help and it just doesn't seem like he's "The Man" at the moment.

I can't remember the last time the Doctor's brilliance made me grin like an admiring schoolboy like it used to!
It's amazing how many internet Meme's and animated GIF's are already online concerning the baby "Stormageddon" from the latest episode. And some of them are pretty good.
I have to say, "Stormageddon" is a pretty good name for a baby.
Reply 6898
Stormageddon was basically "let's do this for lulzageddon" :colonhash:
Here's a thought:

Was it always the plan to have River be unbrainwashed by the Doctor, saving him and then capturing her to kill him again? :pierre:

Latest