The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chernid
I was watching 'The End of Time' before and every time I watch the end my eyes tear up. It was the perfect way for the perfect Doctor to regenerate. Vale Decem was the best song to accompany the moment as well I think.

I had a few gripes about the episode - the green aliens leaving was rather rushed and I would have liked to have seen more Donna - but I agree with you. I would have perhaps liked him to regenate with someone e.g. Wilf, Ood Sigma but it was a great scene and Vale Decem make it better.
Reply 7281
Original post by elitepower
I had a few gripes about the episode - the green aliens leaving was rather rushed and I would have liked to have seen more Donna - but I agree with you. I would have perhaps liked him to regenate with someone e.g. Wilf, Ood Sigma but it was a great scene and Vale Decem make it better.

Well he did see Ood Sigma just before he went into the TARDIS and he said something along the lines of, "Your song is ending, but the story goes on forever." And the point of visiting everyone from the past 4 series was that it was the end of them appearing in Doctor Who and considering the beginning of Series 5, I think a young Amelia Pond would be quite creeped out if Wilf popped his head out the TARDIS when they first see each other.
i think moffat is creating too many good aliens .I think the silence where the only really hostile aliens this series.I'm sick of moffat ruining aliens and the series seemed very low budget and where were the fully cgi monsters and the opening scene of ep 13 apparently cost a lot of money and it didn't look too expensive and it's about time we saw more space battles like VOTD and the daleks are way better than silence and should have featured and the trees being nice ruined TDTWATW.
Original post by Dalek1099
i think moffat is creating too many good aliens .I think the silence where the only really hostile aliens this series.I'm sick of moffat ruining aliens and the series seemed very low budget and where were the fully cgi monsters and the opening scene of ep 13 apparently cost a lot of money and it didn't look too expensive and it's about time we saw more space battles like VOTD and the daleks are way better than silence and should have featured and the trees being nice ruined TDTWATW.

The trees being nice ruined TDTWAYW? It was already ruined by that point. I agree with you that the Daleks are better than the Silence, but any repeat of VOTD should be avoided.
Imagine if instead of one baby Amy had actually had twins!!!!!! AND ONE OF THEM WAS THE DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111
Original post by Snagprophet
Imagine if instead of one baby Amy had actually had twins!!!!!! AND ONE OF THEM WAS THE DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Um, incestuous much? :lolwut:
Original post by HereBeDragons
Um, incestuous much? :lolwut:

That didn't stop George Lucas. :pierre:
anyone know if it's true that Matt Smith is leaving after Season 7? might have asked this before, but never got any replies!
Original post by SciFiBoy
anyone know if it's true that Matt Smith is leaving after Season 7? might have asked this before, but never got any replies!

He's signed on for another 13 episodes (late 2012-early 2013) but there's no word either way on whether he will stay past that. If I was to guess, he'll be around for one or two episodes after Series 7 ie the 50th Anniversary Specials and there will probably be a change during or after that. No one really knows for certain.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
He's signed on for another 13 episodes (late 2012-early 2013) but there's no word either way on whether he will stay past that. If I was to guess, he'll be around for one or two episodes after Series 7 ie the 50th Anniversary Specials and there will probably be a change during or after that. No one really knows for certain.

ah, okay, cause my sister said she read an interview with him where he said he would leave after season 7 so thought I would ask here in case anyone knows more!

So he has made out with his mother and sister, faked his death in front of his family and stole a TARDIS that fancies his father?
Original post by elitepower
So he has made out with his mother and sister, faked his death in front of his family and stole a TARDIS that fancies his father?

Yes.
Yes.

Awesome.
Reply 7293
Original post by Mess.

That is actually quite cool.

Anyone know where they're at with writing/filming the new episodes?
Original post by SirMasterKey
That is actually quite cool.

Anyone know where they're at with writing/filming the new episodes?

Argh the link changed so I will never know what it was :s-smilie:.

Anyhow, I read somewhere filming for new episodes begin in march so I presume the writers are working on them now.
Did anyone get the series 6 DVD set?

What are the extras like? Does the scene in which River gets her sonic screwdriver really happen in a mini-episode?
Wow, that looks like an incredibly basic game.
Doctor Who Official Annual 2012 now 99p and delivered free from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1405907983/ref=nosim/?tag=hotukdeals-21

Latest