The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7540
Original post by Colonel.
Yeah, when Donna beat them she was a genetic mutation of human and Time Lord, therefore having about ten times the Doctor's intellect. And that was a bad episode, which I think even RTD has admitted.

And yeah, they kill a lot. The Doctor has defeaten them using:
Rose using the entire power of the TARDIS.
The Void between universes.
Can't remember what happened in Manhattan, something tedious like love, probably.
The smartest person in the universe, Doctor Donna
And then he lost during WW2

Yeah, they are SO weak.

I think you'll find that the Dalek-Humans killed the Daleks apart from one, I think it was Caan, who Emergency Temporal Shifted to the Time War and found Davros etc.
Anybody heard the Lara Pulver rumours?

Spoiler

I can't see many people liking that.
Original post by JessicaW
I can't see many people liking that.

I agree because making the doctor a female is just stupid because he is a male character,although time lords can change gender but I haven't seen male characters on the TV become female and it didn't really work in the comic relief spoof either.
I don't think calling it stupid just because 'he is a male character' is good reasoning. I think Lara Pulver would do well in another role such as a companion or the Rani.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I don't think calling it stupid just because 'he is a male character' is good reasoning. I think Lara Pulver would do well in another role such as a companion or the Rani.

I in a post which also used 'I haven't seen male characters on the TV become female' as an excuse, we can conclude good reasoning went out of the window.

I agree about her doing well in another role such as the Rani.
I would like a female Doctor, but unless it's done right, it'll just look like, or actually be, be a huge stunt to try to gain viewers.
I could have sworn that the Lara Pulver thing was for April Fools day?
Original post by sleekchic

There was that the new companion was actually going to be the new Doctor on April Fools Day. Lol.

I think you're referring to this http://www.express.co.uk/features/view/311988 though they seem to have put it up a day late.
Benedict Cumberbatch for twelfth Doctor! :top:
I think I'm going to have to take a break from the Mail Online (yes I know, the shame) because there have been a few pics of the new series and I want to go into the series relatively unspoiled.
Original post by Colonel.
Anybody heard the Lara Pulver rumours?

Spoiler

Hmm. I actually really like the idea of having a female doctor, but I don't feel like Lara Pulver would be the right person if they decided to do it. I also think it's pretty unlikely to actually happen, but that's just me.

Original post by PoGo HoPz
Benedict Cumberbatch for twelfth Doctor! :top:

In interviews, he has expressly said that he would never want to do it. :tongue: I don't think it would suit him anyway... :dontknow:

I think I'm going to have to take a break from the Mail Online (yes I know, the shame) because there have been a few pics of the new series and I want to go into the series relatively unspoiled.

Proper spoilers, really? They're normally pretty tight on that kind of thing aren't they?
Reply 7554
Original post by Amwazicles
Hmm. I actually really like the idea of having a female doctor, but I don't feel like Lara Pulver would be the right person if they decided to do it. I also think it's pretty unlikely to actually happen, but that's just me.

In interviews, he has expressly said that he would never want to do it. :tongue: I don't think it would suit him anyway... :dontknow:

Proper spoilers, really? They're normally pretty tight on that kind of thing aren't they?

The DM constantly has spoilers out there for DW. It is really annoying especially as the other papers follow the next day.
Most of the spoilers have been from filming in Central Park in NY - because the public are around it's impossible to keep things secret, so there are tons of photos and videos around of scenes filmed there. :frown:
Original post by Feefifofum
Most of the spoilers have been from filming in Central Park in NY - because the public are around it's impossible to keep things secret, so there are tons of photos and videos around of scenes filmed there. :frown:

and thats a bad thing?-I love spoilers me :colondollar: and I wonder how the doctor's new glasses are going to link to the plot?

Spoiler

:colondollar:Does anyone like primeval on here?
Yes it's a bad thing, because people should have the choice whether they want to see spoilers or not. It's almost impossible to avoid the NY ones because they've been splashed all over the internet. Some people like you want to see spoilers, but it isn't fair on those of us who want it to remain a mystery until we watch the actual programs that you can't avoid finding out spoilers on the internet when all the fan sites have been covered with images of the filming...
Original post by Feefifofum
Yes it's a bad thing, because people should have the choice whether they want to see spoilers or not. It's almost impossible to avoid the NY ones because they've been splashed all over the internet. Some people like you want to see spoilers, but it isn't fair on those of us who want it to remain a mystery until we watch the actual programs that you can't avoid finding out spoilers on the internet when all the fan sites have been covered with images of the filming...

I haven't really found spoilers on non-fan sites and that is the answer.If you want to become unspoiled you have to avoid all doctor who fan sites including the official website-I have seen some incredibly spoilery things on there like the doctor regenerating before he did on screen in The Impossible Astronaut.I only really started getting into spoilers,when I started regularly going on the internet,in the 4th season.
You completely missed my point. There are many, many Doctor Who fans who don't want to see spoilers. We shouldn't have to avoid all Doctor Who fan sties for 6 months just because a minority of fans want to share/see spoilers.

Latest