The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

BEd Primary Education at University of Derby

Hi, I will be starting the BEd at derby in September 2012 and was just wondering if anyone else will be? I thought i would be nice to speak to some people who will be on the same course as me :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm applying for 2013 entry, any tips for interviews would be lovely :smile:
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Skip_Snip
I'm applying for 2013 entry, any tips for interviews would be lovely :smile:

Hi, well there isn't really anything major i can tell you :/ I was really nervous at first but all the staff there are lovely and they really put you at ease. The day starts off with an English, Maths and Science test, which basically tests your knowledge in the subjects. You don't need to have a perfect score, but they do look for people that score over a certain percentage (that i cant remember :L) so it would be a good idea to revise those subjects maybe? Next is a university, and accommodation tore, followed by a presentation about the course. Lastly, you are taken for a group interview where you discuss educational issues (i would keep up to date with these, and maybe look some up before your interview). But, saying that you don't need to know them all, they ask you to pick the issue, they don't just spring one on you! So you could get through that part on common sense. Also, as part of the group interview you have a card with a picture on it (which you can only see for 30 seconds, No More!) and then you have to say how you would use the object within the classroom. I got a magnifying glass, but other people got stuff like bananas, skateboards and wooden spoons. For this part i would just say try to think on your feet and be creative :smile:.

My biggest tips would be to dress smart and be confident though. Hope i helped, and good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by beccamxx
:smile:

I'm out of rep for today but I'll be back tomorrow! Thanks soo much for your reply, and in the meantime I'll skuttle off and let people who are going this year discuss away :P
Reply 4
Heyyy, I'm starting the BEd in September too!!! Nice to meet you! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
Hiii :smile: Its nice to meet you too!

Are you looking forward to starting? :smile:
Reply 6
Yeah!! Bit nervous, but I'm sure it'll be fine!! Are you? :smile: xx

Reply 7
Original post by Amezz
Yeah!! Bit nervous, but I'm sure it'll be fine!! Are you? :smile: xx

I'm more excited than nervous! But i bet my nerves will kick in closer to them time!

Was Derby your firm choice? :smile:
Reply 8
Awww! Yeah it was!! Was it your firm choice? :smile: xxx

Reply 9
Original post by Amezz
Awww! Yeah it was!! Was it your firm choice? :smile: xxx

Yeah it was! After my interview i knew that's where i 100% wanted to go!

Have you got everything sorted for it now?
It seems so close and i have still got loads of things to do! I just hope everything gets sorted in time! :smile:
Reply 10
Yeah!! Me too:biggrin:

I think I have everything done!! Haha, probably forgot something!!

Are you living in halls or commuting? :smile:

xxx

Reply 11
Original post by Amezz
Yeah!! Me too:biggrin:

I think I have everything done!! Haha, probably forgot something!!

Are you living in halls or commuting? :smile:

xxx

Wow your organized then! :smile:

I wont be doing either :P Me and my boyfriend decided that we wanted to get a house together, so if all goes to plan (and hopefully we will find out in the next few days if it has) we will be renting privately in Derby! If we can't get a house though, we are more than likely going to have to commute :frown:

What are your plans for accommodation?
Hi to both of you!

I will also be starting in September! Excited? or nervous?.... :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Mikey-b182
Hi to both of you!

I will also be starting in September! Excited? or nervous?.... :smile:

Hiyaaa :smile:

Definitely EXCITED!!! :biggrin:

How about you? :smile:
Hiyaaa :smile:

Definitely EXCITED!!! :biggrin:

How about you? :smile:

I am excited for sure! I just can't wait to actually study something with people that love teaching like I do!

Will be nice to get away from all the people i've met in the past and move on and meet some new faces! :biggrin:
Reply 15
I am excited for sure! I just can't wait to actually study something with people that love teaching like I do!

Will be nice to get away from all the people i've met in the past and move on and meet some new faces! :biggrin:

Yeah I totally agree! :smile:

Will you be getting student accommodation? Or do you have other plans?
Yeah I totally agree! :smile:

Will you be getting student accommodation? Or do you have other plans?

Well i only live 20 minutes away, in Burton On Trent, which means i can get the bus everyday. So i will be living at home still! Hopefully i can make some friends, then crash at their house for a week! Ha! :biggrin:

Reply 17
Well i only live 20 minutes away, in Burton On Trent, which means i can get the bus everyday. So i will be living at home still! Hopefully i can make some friends, then crash at their house for a week! Ha! :biggrin:

Sounds like a plan! :L :smile: I am sure you will be able to make loads of new friends, so I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunity for you to do that!
And at least you will save yourself some money, not having to pay for halls!

I just got conformation today that i can move into a house. So me and my boyfriend (who is also going to derby :biggrin:) will be renting a house together! The only problem is we cant move in until the 8th/9th! So, its going to be a real rush job getting everything organized before our course starts!
Sounds like a plan! :L :smile: I am sure you will be able to make loads of new friends, so I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunity for you to do that!
And at least you will save yourself some money, not having to pay for halls!

I just got conformation today that i can move into a house. So me and my boyfriend (who is also going to derby :biggrin:) will be renting a house together! The only problem is we cant move in until the 8th/9th! So, its going to be a real rush job getting everything organized before our course starts!

God, that will be rushed! hopefully you can both get sorted in a few days at least! I'm going to this induction day on the 6th. Are you ?
Reply 19
God, that will be rushed! hopefully you can both get sorted in a few days at least! I'm going to this induction day on the 6th. Are you ?

Probably not :frown: I would have i gone if i had already moved down there (we originally was going to move in on the 1st but were told we couldn't!). But because i wont already be in derby, i wont be able to get there, as its on a week day so my parents are at work :/

Are you going then? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending