The Student Room Group

Primary School Teaching - No Qualifications

Long shot, but looking for some advice for my future as I am stuck on where to go next.

I left school in 2021 (S4) with 4 National 5’s (English, Modern Studies, Administration and Music), I left to complete my apprenticeship which I achieved in 2022 (SVQ 3 Social Services, Children and young People)

My plan is that I want to become a Primary School Teacher and that I want to go to university etc, but I don’t know where to start in regards to starting with college to do my highers and study more nat 5s, if there are any online courses that would help or courses that would benefit me.

Any advice or information would be helpful
Original post by chrisanson7
Long shot, but looking for some advice for my future as I am stuck on where to go next.

I left school in 2021 (S4) with 4 National 5’s (English, Modern Studies, Administration and Music), I left to complete my apprenticeship which I achieved in 2022 (SVQ 3 Social Services, Children and young People)

My plan is that I want to become a Primary School Teacher and that I want to go to university etc, but I don’t know where to start in regards to starting with college to do my highers and study more nat 5s, if there are any online courses that would help or courses that would benefit me.

Any advice or information would be helpful
Hmmmm, tricky question - I like a challenge.

Firstly my knowledge is from teacher training in England, not Scotland. But I do know most teachers in Scotland qualify through a PGDE. To get to that you need a degree of some kind. To get into a university you need to pick a degree course and meet the entry requirements. Lots of universities will accept people who do an Access to HE course and this may be the best option for you.

Some universities do offer a BEd in Primary Education, this might interest you but again you nerd to look at the entry requirements for these courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending