The Student Room Group

Advancing Physics OCR - Tomorrow - Insert Question

Hi
I was wondering if anybody could help with a question regarding the insert for G492 tomorrow.
The two diagrams - (digital and analogue signal) - what is the uncertainty and resolution for the two?
Any help appreciated
Analogue, uncertainty is ±5%, resolution is the smallest noticable change, so its ±1 or ±0.5 should you use a magnifying glass.

Digital, Uncertainty is ±0.01%, resolution is ±0.1A

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by MrPaperTrain
Analogue, uncertainty is ±5%, resolution is the smallest noticable change, so its ±1 or ±0.5 should you use a magnifying glass.

Digital, Uncertainty is ±0.01%, resolution is ±0.1A

Good luck!

Thankyou for your reply :biggrin: I understand the analogue, but for the digital, how come the resolution is 0.1A when it can read to 2 decimal places? :smile:
Original post by Jack976
Thankyou for your reply :biggrin: I understand the analogue, but for the digital, how come the resolution is 0.1A when it can read to 2 decimal places? :smile:

That was my fault! ±0.01A (This is what lack of sleep through revision does your typing skills! -.-)
Reply 4
Original post by MrPaperTrain
That was my fault! ±0.01A (This is what lack of sleep through revision does your typing skills! -.-)

Thankyou :biggrin: Think I understand all of that :smile: And I know exactly what you mean haha, a bed warmed up to 28 degrees or so doesn't help either!
Original post by Jack976
Thankyou :biggrin: Think I understand all of that :smile: And I know exactly what you mean haha, a bed warmed up to 28 degrees or so doesn't help either!

Hah! thank god its an afternoon exam so the sleep I loose now I can make up for.. That or coffee will have to make up for it! xD

Quick Reply

Latest