The Student Room Group

GYG biology and physics comeback

Originally posted this in the wrong place lol

Hello!
I’m currently studying
Biology(ocr), physics(ocr b), sociology(aqa) and core maths (ocrq)
I’m predicted ccbb
I want to get my grades to bbab (higher would be wonderful but that what I’d like to get)
I’m not too worried about my maths grade as I’ve found it relatively easy and is also exercised in biology and physics.
One of my physics teachers has recently shown that there’s up to about 80-90 past papers that I could do before the exams next year, I’m gonna try to make myself do one (or more) a week, and use my free periods to catch up missed material, finish homework, revise, do end of topic questions and past papers (stuff I should be doing already lol).
Biology is a bit different to physics for me, last year biology was by far my best subject, this year it’s not, I think it’s my teachers teaching style that’s not helping, we do a lot of work in two hours then don’t go back to it until assessments and everyone in my class feel the same way about it, yes I don’t do all of the things I should be doing but there’s 4 people predicted A-A*’s and my class is only 7 people, again, I’m going to start doing all the thing I should be doing (especially when the library opens beck up after mocks).
Sociology is honestly great, the only thing I struggle with is remembering the relevant sociologists for the thing I’m writing about and referencing them, I’m going to start doing more practice questions and revision of sociologists.
All that being said, I’m going to write myself a schedule to get all of this into place, I’ll hopefully remember to update when I do all of the things I said I would and feel free to hold my accountable if I don’t.
Thanks for reading, Toby :smile:
Reply 1
I’m going to watch as you smash biology and physics!
Reply 2
Original post by study23!
I’m going to watch as you smash biology and physics!

Thank you!!
Original post by Toby.img
Originally posted this in the wrong place lol

Hello!
I’m currently studying
Biology(ocr), physics(ocr b), sociology(aqa) and core maths (ocrq)
I’m predicted ccbb
I want to get my grades to bbab (higher would be wonderful but that what I’d like to get)
I’m not too worried about my maths grade as I’ve found it relatively easy and is also exercised in biology and physics.
One of my physics teachers has recently shown that there’s up to about 80-90 past papers that I could do before the exams next year, I’m gonna try to make myself do one (or more) a week, and use my free periods to catch up missed material, finish homework, revise, do end of topic questions and past papers (stuff I should be doing already lol).
Biology is a bit different to physics for me, last year biology was by far my best subject, this year it’s not, I think it’s my teachers teaching style that’s not helping, we do a lot of work in two hours then don’t go back to it until assessments and everyone in my class feel the same way about it, yes I don’t do all of the things I should be doing but there’s 4 people predicted A-A*’s and my class is only 7 people, again, I’m going to start doing all the thing I should be doing (especially when the library opens beck up after mocks).
Sociology is honestly great, the only thing I struggle with is remembering the relevant sociologists for the thing I’m writing about and referencing them, I’m going to start doing more practice questions and revision of sociologists.
All that being said, I’m going to write myself a schedule to get all of this into place, I’ll hopefully remember to update when I do all of the things I said I would and feel free to hold my accountable if I don’t.
Thanks for reading, Toby :smile:

Welcome to Grow Your Grades! It sounds like you've got a solid plan for how to improve and hopefully this blog will help you stay on track :smile: Looking forward to following your journey!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 4
Plan for tomorrow (Friday)
Do a physics paper and mark it then highlight the parts I didn’t get
Do physics homework (huge graph)
Go over some biology videos/seneca to properly understand the topic I’ve just finished and do the end of section questions.
That’s all :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending