The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Frankster
8000th reply WOOHOOOO.
Lol jk, ummmm.. I love Dr Who!

Actually 8001. Ouch. :tongue:

Been watching the episodes of Series 6 on BBC3 and the ones I recorded. Forgotten how good some of them were.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Actually 8001. Ouch. :tongue:

Been watching the episodes of Series 6 on BBC3 and the ones I recorded. Forgotten how good some of them were.

First post isn't a reply :fyi:

Can't wait for a new series :excited:
I love this scene. :daydreaming:

Anyone else here desperate for Rory and especially Amy to die?
Reply 7624
Original post by Hewitt

but shes so pretty, she might not be the best character in the world but just looking at her makes me happy
Original post by Hewitt

No. :unimpressed:

Rory is like a moral compass and easily the best character at the moment and Amy makes very good eye candy. :sogood:
Original post by SirMasterKey
No. :unimpressed:

Rory is like a moral compass and easily the best character at the moment and Amy makes very good eye candy. :sogood:

I like Rory better than Amy... they should have a male companion to the Dr and not a female one... Although then there wouldn't be much of an interest to the audience.
I like Rory better than Amy... they should have a male companion to the Dr and not a female one... Although then there wouldn't be much of an interest to the audience.

You're forgetting the large numbers of FEMALE audience :wink:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
You're forgetting the large numbers of FEMALE audience :wink:

Aaahhh lol..
True say!
errr can someone remind when new season starts please (or rumoured to start :biggrin:
Original post by techno836
errr can someone remind when new season starts please (or rumoured to start :biggrin:

End of summer/early autumn I do believe.
Just watched Waters of Mars again. My god, what a frightening episode that was! :hide:
****ing hate that episode (bar the last five minutes).
Original post by Colonel.
****ing hate that episode (bar the last five minutes).
What was wrong with it? :unsure:

I agree they should have a male companion at some point. It's good that they always make sure to keep the gender balance, but it's not as if you can't have a good TV show where the main characters are both men for a while. Sometimes it seems like the dynamic can only be so original if they keep sticking to the format of male Doctor and female companion..
Original post by Amwazicles
I agree they should have a male companion at some point. It's good that they always make sure to keep the gender balance, but it's not as if you can't have a good TV show where the main characters are both men for a while. Sometimes it seems like the dynamic can only be so original if they keep sticking to the format of male Doctor and female companion..

Yeah.. I'm kinda bored of the fact that the tipping point of every series is that the doctor kisses his female companion. Having a male companion would not only give a different edge to the series but also opens up to a whole host of storylines. It is becoming all the more predictable nowadays.
Yeah.. I'm kinda bored of the fact that the tipping point of every series is that the doctor kisses his female companion. Having a male companion would not only give a different edge to the series but also opens up to a whole host of storylines. It is becoming all the more predictable nowadays.

I agree. In some ways, it can make interesting storylines, but like you said there are only so many different ways it can go. That's why I think it was a nice idea to have Amy and Rory as companions together - because it made it more interesting. But now they seem to be reverting back to the single female again. :dontknow:
Original post by PoGo HoPz
What was wrong with it? :unsure:

It was like a montage of the most annoyign things in the RTD run. A group of people nobody cares about, a camp robot, bla bla bla.
Original post by Amwazicles
I agree. In some ways, it can make interesting storylines, but like you said there are only so many different ways it can go. That's why I think it was a nice idea to have Amy and Rory as companions together - because it made it more interesting. But now they seem to be reverting back to the single female again. :dontknow:

I wish The Doctor hadn't turned down Christina, she would have been a great companion. :yep:
Been watching a few of the older series episodes today and have now finally voted in the poll. Series 3 has quite a few episodes I love, Family of Blood/Human Nature (my favourite), Blink, Utopia. :love:

Latest