The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Well I'll get to watch first episode...the rest I'm not sure how it'll work when I'm in Canada...

Year abroad five! :five:

However it is tough being on a year abroad and so missing Merlin and Doctor Who. :frown:
I think I could watch it via the Dutch Syfy channel however as amazing as it was to find a TV already in my room, they don't have a connection to Syfy. :cry:
Well I'll get to watch first episode...the rest I'm not sure how it'll work when I'm in Canada...
Is BBC America just a USA thing? :sad:
Original post by SirMasterKey
Year abroad five! :five:

However it is tough being on a year abroad and so missing Merlin and Doctor Who. :frown:
I think I could watch it via the Dutch Syfy channel however as amazing as it was to find a TV already in my room, they don't have a connection to Syfy. :cry:

:five: I see you found the thread otherwise I'd have linked you to it!
:hugs:

Original post by Pandora.
Is BBC America just a USA thing? :sad:

I'm assuming it stretches to Canada too...but I won't have a TV and I'm not sure whether watching online will get confused cos English Laptop but Canadian internet! We'll see!
Reply 7823

I'm assuming it stretches to Canada too...but I won't have a TV and I'm not sure whether watching online will get confused cos English Laptop but Canadian internet! We'll see!

Just use a proxy to pretend you are in England and watch it that way :h:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yeah I just suddenly saw it on the general forum list. :biggrin:

I'd work on the assumption it won't work. Mine doesn't as it is the Dutch internet. But maybe check if your university as a VPN or something? A friend of mine uses theirs (Uni of Exeter) to watch British TV whilst they are in HK.
I hope Moffat has stepped his game up for this series. The last one was disappointing.
Original post by Mess.
Just use a proxy to pretend you are in England and watch it that way :h:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yeah I just suddenly saw it on the general forum list. :biggrin:

I'd work on the assumption it won't work. Mine doesn't as it is the Dutch internet. But maybe check if your university as a VPN or something? A friend of mine uses theirs (Uni of Exeter) to watch British TV whilst they are in HK.

I'll get something figured out, who knows I may meet some Doctor Who mad Canadians who own a tv :yep:
When is the new series starting? and it's on bbc right? :smile:
Original post by Future_Dr
When is the new series starting? and it's on bbc right? :smile:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=new+doctor+who+series

You should be ok - what matters is where you connect from, so you should be able to use whatever services are available in Canada via your laptop. Afaik BBC America shows in Canada too, but I don't think there's an online catch-up service, so you'll have to find someone with a TV or find it online in a slightly less than legitimate location...

Or you can use a proxy to make it seem that you're in the UK, and watch iplayer that way - http://www.squidoo.com/bbc-iplayer-usa
Ill have to watch it on BBC America, does anyone know if it comes out at the same time? I'll be most upset if I have to wait longer :sadnod:.

The SPACE channel has it in Canada and (I think) they're airing on the same day as the UK/US.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
Ill have to watch it on BBC America, does anyone know if it comes out at the same time? I'll be most upset if I have to wait longer :sadnod:.

BBC America website says Saturday 1st September at 9/8C.
Original post by TheCrackInTime
The SPACE channel has it in Canada and (I think) they're airing on the same day as the UK/US.

Awesome, now to find a tv/someway of watching it!

Original post by Feefifofum
You should be ok - what matters is where you connect from, so you should be able to use whatever services are available in Canada via your laptop. Afaik BBC America shows in Canada too, but I don't think there's an online catch-up service, so you'll have to find someone with a TV or find it online in a slightly less than legitimate location...

Or you can use a proxy to make it seem that you're in the UK, and watch iplayer that way - http://www.squidoo.com/bbc-iplayer-usa

Cool, thanks hun :hugs:
Original post by Feefifofum
BBC America website says Saturday 1st September at 9/8C.

Splendiferous. Thankye.
Original post by Aula
Personally I enjoyed a series which had nothing to do with the daleks. They're much less scary when they are constantly around, and therefore constantly being defeated.

They won in Series 5,Episode 3though and even though they get defeated I still enjoy watching them and always support them,wishing that they would exterminate the doctor:angry:

Its about time they won a lot more often, what's so wrong with them claiming a planet,as long as its not Earth:confused:If Doctor Who was real the doctor would be dead and the Daleks would have won already because noone ever wins that often,thats what makes Doctor Who quite childish sometimes and aimed at kids.It would make it so much more exciting,you wouldn't know who was going to win.
Original post by Dalek1099
Its about time they won a lot more often, what's so wrong with them claiming a planet,as long as its not Earth:confused:If Doctor Who was real the doctor would be dead and the Daleks would have won already because noone ever wins that often,thats what makes Doctor Who quite childish sometimes and aimed at kids.It would make it so much more exciting,you wouldn't know who was going to win.

Of all the things in Doctor Who you could find unrealistic...it's the fact that he wins?
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Of all the things in Doctor Who you could find unrealistic...it's the fact that he wins?

Aliens,aren't that unrealistic and yes,that is the most unrealistic,noone wins that much-time travel has been deemed possible,by some scientists.Another unrealistic thing is how human the aliens are sometimes.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse

Not as bad as someone saying what was unrealistic about Merlin was the fact that there were some black actors/actresses in it. :lol:
Not as bad as someone saying what was unrealistic about Merlin was the fact that there were some black actors/actresses in it. :lol:

What could be more unrealistic about Doctor Who?-I'm struggling to think,you have to be open minded you know and I just can't explain how he would win so much and hasn't died yet.
Not sure if people know about this but a new Doctor Who 5-part-mini-series-spin-off-type-thing is being launched tomorrow, called Pond Life. It focuses on Amy and Rory's life since the end of the last series and leads up to the start of the next series. It'll be available on the Dr Who website and the Beeb's YouTube channel. :smile:

More info here: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-who/22434/updated-new-doctor-who-spin-off-pond-life

Latest