The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8060
Well that post took its time :mmm:
Maybe it's the villain and not the writer that made the episode bad...
Tbh I preferred it to most of the new Dalek episodes.
I thought it was the best Dalek episode yet from the new series :p:

Impressions: Oswin is awesome, no idea how she can be the Doctor's new companion, but Moffat will have a few tricks up his sleeve. I thought the whole divorce thing was all dealt with too hastily, needed more time to deal with them being apart. Dalek zombies made me laugh so hard.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Would also explain the excited 'Show me the stars' line she said.

I thought this was a pretty sexy moment, tbh. That cheeky smile, ooft.
Original post by Dalek1099
That truly was the worst Dalek episode ever.The abomination Moffat must be exterminated.

I didn't think it was possible to write a bad Dalek story and yet Moffat proved me wrong- thats two bad episodes in a row Moffat.

28*
Original post by Miracle Day
28*

So, 28 bad episodes in a row - there's not been a good one since "Eleventh Hour"?

Edit:
Unless you meant Moffat written episodes - in which case he's only actually written 14.
(edited 11 years ago)
28*

If you feel that way, why keep watching? Why not wait until someone else takes over and then come back to it? :dontknow:
Original post by Feefifofum
If you feel that way, why keep watching? Why not wait until someone else takes over and then come back to it? :dontknow:

It's hard to let go of your childhood show
Original post by Alofleicester

So, 28 bad episodes in a row - there's not been a good one since "Eleventh Hour"?

Edit:
Unless you meant Moffat written episodes - in which case he's only actually written 14.

Just Series 5 and 6
Just Series 5 and 6

Well - that's neither 28 episodes, nor can I see how every single episode has been bad. There've been some brilliant episodes in there - if you don't think so why do you still bother watching?

You say hard to let go of childhood show but that's a bit of a poor reasoning. I absolutely loved Aerosmith as a kid, past Pump they got so poor that I don't bother with the new material - doesn't mean I've let go of them, I still enjoy all the old classics.
It's hard to let go of your childhood show

After these two bad stories in a row I feel the same.I wish RTD would come back.I don't there has ever been 2 bad stories in a row before.Tom MacRae should probably take over.
After these two bad stories in a row I feel the same.I wish RTD would come back.I don't there has ever been 2 bad stories in a row before.Tom MacRae should probably take over.
The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People/A Good Man Goes To War/Let's Kill Hitler. Closing Time/The Wedding of River Song. There's two strings of bad episodes. That's only my opinion, but I suppose any "bad story" is just someone's opinion. :smile:
Reply 8073
generally speaking I think daleks are a bit crappy so I didn't really have high hopes but I really liked that episode. Although I thought the amy rory marriage stuff was a bit rushed, what was even the point of it if it was brought in then resolved so quickly.
Original post by Pandora.
The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People/A Good Man Goes To War/Let's Kill Hitler. Closing Time/The Wedding of River Song. There's two strings of bad episodes. That's only my opinion, but I suppose any "bad story" is just someone's opinion. :smile:

All the episodes you listed where at least ok-The gangers story was the best series 6 story.
Reply 8075
All the episodes you listed where at least ok-The gangers story was the best series 6 story.

:rofl:

Oh dear.
Reply 8076
I enjoyed the episode, I wasn't expecting much after the sixth series (it had great ideas, but such poor execution imo) but I think that perhaps this could be a return to form. I guess we'll have to wait til next week to find out if that holds out.

I wasn't a fan of the changes to the opening titles though.
(edited 11 years ago)

As I said, it's just my opinion. In the same way, I thought tonight's episode was "at least ok" - I liked it a lot actually.

I know it's subjective and all that, but you'd actually rate Closing Time as Ok, and better than the Asylum of Daleks? :lolwut:

Yeah, there were a few issues with the new one - in particular why the Daleks in the asylum were so weak given that the ordinary ones fear them, but Closing Time was really poor.
Reply 8079
I seem to be the only one that didn't even notice the changes to the opening sequence

Latest