The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Henna x
I wouldn't be too surprised if they managed to find a timey-wimey way to drag Donna back in :biggrin: It is Doctor Who after all. :rolleyes:
Isn't she going to be back for the 50th anniversary or has that not been confirmed?

Oh I hope not, they need to leave the companions in the past, move forward.
I don't know, there's all sorts of rumours flying around but I don't think they've actually confirmed anything yet.
Reply 8201
Original post by lizolove
Yes! He owns the fez and bow tie. (;
Bring back the fez! Bow ties are cool. :tongue:
I love how they're the same person, but totally different. You know what I mean!
If he had tried to replicate David, it wouldn't have worked.
2014? Excellent! I know they all want to move on to other things e.g. David and his theatre acting, but Christopher left after 1 series didn't he?

Hehe :colondollar: He's soo cute with his bow tie and fez :colondollar:
Yup, I agree with you. They all have different approaches and it's brilliant to watch :biggrin:
Yes, Christopher did but I hope he makes an appearance for the 50th anniversary
Yeah, there have been rumours about every past doctor and every past companion at some point - nothing has been confirmed except that Matt Smith will still be in it, though. I hope there are some returns (Tennant would be EPIC), but then again, everyone has past characters that they dislike or wouldn't want to see come back, so if they do bring characters back there are going to be some people who are disappointed.

All the surviving doctor actors in one show would be amazing :awesome: Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith. The 8 Doctors.

*head explodes*
Reply 8203
Original post by Alofleicester
Oh I hope not, they need to leave the companions in the past, move forward.
I don't know, there's all sorts of rumours flying around but I don't think they've actually confirmed anything yet.

Yes I see what your saying. So far they haven't brought any old companions in. New Doctor, new start, that's what I think they're aiming for. I doubt they are going to bring them back anyway, it all ended with Ten. Though I do want to see Captain Jack again :colondollar:
Oh right, I see. I would like to see every one back for night though, I think it could turn out to be amazing :redface: but that's just me. :smile:
Original post by Feefifofum
Yeah, there have been rumours about every past doctor and every past companion at some point - nothing has been confirmed except that Matt Smith will still be in it, though. I hope there are some returns (Tennant would be EPIC), but then again, everyone has past characters that they dislike or wouldn't want to see come back, so if they do bring characters back there are going to be some people who are disappointed.

All the surviving doctor actors in one show would be amazing :awesome: Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith. The 8 Doctors.

*head explodes*

Spoilered because some might not want to know yet:

Spoiler

Edit:

Original post by Henna x
Yes I see what your saying. So far they haven't brought any old companions in. New Doctor, new start, that's what I think they're aiming for. I doubt they are going to bring them back anyway, it all ended with Ten. Though I do want to see Captain Jack again :colondollar:
Oh right, I see. I would like to see every one back for night though, I think it could turn out to be amazing :redface: but that's just me. :smile:

aye - I think that was a good thing about the ending of The End of Time, it closed off all the loose ends with the old companions.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8205

*head explodes*

:colondollar: It'd be like Doctor Who heaven for all us Who fans. :smile: Now there's something I'd really like to see. With excellent writing, it could go down in Who history :biggrin:
Original post by Henna x
Hehe :colondollar: He's soo cute with his bow tie and fez :colondollar:
Yup, I agree with you. They all have different approaches and it's brilliant to watch :biggrin:
Yes, Christopher did but I hope he makes an appearance for the 50th anniversary

He needs to bring the fez back. :3
Yes. It'd be good to see him back. :smile:
Not sure what to think of Saturday's 'next time' clip. It'll be tough to beat Episode 1!
What's everyone's favourite regeneration? Sylvester McCoy's regeneration into Paul McGann seemed quite unique! :eek:

Spoiler

Yeah I know it's incredibly unlikely - many of the older doctors look too aged to reprise their roles, and some have said that they don't want to return. I'm just having a fangasm moment over here, that's all :p:
Reply 8209

Spoiler

I've read some recent articles that say Christopher might have had a change of heart because he no longer speaks negatively of his time at Doctor Who but rather warm and lovingly lol, I know it's not much to go on but those of us that really want to see him back are clinging on to the tiniest of hope :smile:
Yeah I know it's incredibly unlikely - many of the older doctors look too aged to reprise their roles, and some have said that they don't want to return. I'm just having a fangasm moment over here, that's all :p:

I think they could get round the aging thing - they had Tennant aged quite far at the end of series 3. Just Tennant or Baker back would be :love: though.
Reply 8211
He needs to bring the fez back. :3
Yes. It'd be good to see him back. :smile:
Not sure what to think of Saturday's 'next time' clip. It'll be tough to beat Episode 1!

I know! Maybe it'll return in the 50th anniversary episode :colondollar:
Hmm, theres a lot going on, Rory's dad, Queen of Egypt, dinosaurs on a spaceship and Mr Filch :eek: looks interesting!
Original post by Henna x
I know! Maybe it'll return in the 50th anniversary episode :colondollar:
Hmm, theres a lot going on, Rory's dad, Queen of Egypt, dinosaurs on a spaceship and Mr Filch :eek: looks interesting!

I wonder if Filch's cat will make an appearance. :wink:
Reply 8213
I wonder if Filch's cat will make an appearance. :wink:

Haha, Mrs Norris has to be there :biggrin: Filch is nothing without his cat :redface:
Original post by Henna x
I've read some recent articles that say Christopher might have had a change of heart because he no longer speaks negatively of his time at Doctor Who but rather warm and lovingly lol, I know it's not much to go on but those of us that really want to see him back are clinging on to the tiniest of hope :smile:

I'd hope so, Christopher really didn't get a decent run at being the Doctor but I did like him - perfect actor for the rebooting of the series.
Original post by Henna x
Haha, Mrs Norris has to be there :biggrin: Filch is nothing without his cat :redface:

I'll look out for her. :3
Such a strange looking episode next week though!
Reply 8216
I'd hope so, Christopher really didn't get a decent run at being the Doctor but I did like him - perfect actor for the rebooting of the series.

I thought he was an amazing doctor, and I have no doubt that if he stayed, he would have become better and better. Mm hmm, he was an excellent choice and he did very well. I started watching Doctor Who because of him :redface:

I'll look out for her. :3
Such a strange looking episode next week though!

:wink: He probably will find a way to sneak her in.
I knoow, doesn't look like a typical Who episode, very intriguing :smile:
Reply 8217
Original post by PoGo HoPz
What's everyone's favourite regeneration? Sylvester McCoy's regeneration into Paul McGann seemed quite unique! :eek:

I've not watched any of the old Who episodes so I think Ten into Smith was good. Or maybe Melody into River :redface:
Original post by Henna x
I thought he was an amazing doctor, and I have no doubt that if he stayed, he would have become better and better. Mm hmm, he was an excellent choice and he did very well. I started watching Doctor Who because of him :redface:

:wink: He probably will find a way to sneak her in.
I knoow, doesn't look like a typical Who episode, very intriguing :smile:

I know! I was amazed by the spin on the return of the Daleks. So clever! :colondollar:
Aye, that was ridiculously irritating given she was supposed to be in a parallel universe. T'is why I was glad of the whole "she'll burn up if she remembers me" bit for Donna - there's no way they can get round that surely? Just leave the previous companions in the past.

I hope not - don't give Moffat any ideas! :eek:

I agree that it's best to leave companions in the past - the only returns I've liked have been Martha (because it shows she got over the unrequited love thing and showed what her character could have been in the first without that silly plotline) and Sarah Jane (because Sarah Jane is just awesome in general [RIP Lis Sladen :frown: ] )

Latest