The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I cried :cry2: I cried when they both jumped off the building and then again at Amy's farewell, I have been an emotional wreck since it ended.
I love the episode but the ending was too sad, The only other time I cried was when Rose left :frown:
I cried :frown:. Loved the Ponds, cannot believe that's it!
Original post by Alofleicester
Again - the angels aren't stuck at that speed, just as you aren't stuck at just walking, you can also jog, run, sprint etc. If they were desperate to catch them then they'd get them in a second - but in what was essentially a prison with no real form of escape? Why rush?

I don't think so - he was an Auton in The Pandorica Opens, but the Doctor flying the Pandorica into the exploding TARDIS "healed" the universe, bringing back Amy's parents, so presumably bringing Human Rory back as well.

Toying with prey is when you are certain they won't escape, they still wouldn't be 100% sure of what their plan was up at that rooftop, they would not allow them to run out of sight and away up there. Stop kidding yourselves, I can't stand fanboys/girls.
Didn't really enjoy that. Still, looking forward to a new companion.
Original post by Sithius
Toying with prey is when you are certain they won't escape, they still wouldn't be 100% sure of what their plan was up at that rooftop, they would not allow them to run out of sight and away up there. Stop kidding yourselves, I can't stand fanboys/girls.

And they're in a building policed by Angels with a giant angel awaiting anyone who reachs the roof - how much more certain that they can't escape need you be?

Great - I can't stand overly demanding people who whinge about not everything being explained in painstaking detail each episode and about something that's incredibly minute and not really an issue. So - bye bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
And they're in a building policed by Angels with a giant angel awaiting anyone who reachs the roof - how much more certain that they can't escape need you be?

Great - I can't stand overly demanding people who whinge about not everything being explained in painstaking detail each episode and about something that's incredibly minute and not really an issue. So - bye bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

You forgot to mention - details which have been explained in previous episodes which the guy hasn't seen, and is blaming his own ignorance on the scriptwriters :p:

Roofstop statue of liberty, their ultra guard... except so many in the city would be noticing it making it therefore a useless, frozen guard.

He is so, so important and they know it. They do not know what Rory and Amy are planning to do exactly, why on EARTH would they let them go anywhere when it risks their existence? Animals in the animal kingdom do not toy with their prey when there is even a slight chance that prey may kill them unexpectedly. Toying is how a cat toys with a mouse, harmless and poses no risk whatsoever.

You are the one that needs to have the door hitting you on the way out of this thread tonight, perhaps it'll knock some sense into you. There is a reason I left this godawful forum, too much stupidity and irrationality.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8868
Finally this series has redeemed itself. A brilliant episode.

Though idk if a statue made of copper can qualify as a stone angel.

Nearly wet myself at "I always wanted to see the Statue of Liberty... I guess she got impatient."
Original post by JordanS94
I cried :cry2: I cried when they both jumped off the building and then again at Amy's farewell, I have been an emotional wreck since it ended.
I love the episode but the ending was too sad, The only other time I cried was when Rose left :frown:

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I cried :frown:. Loved the Ponds, cannot believe that's it!

I regret watching it so much, because now, they're gone. :cry2:

I am actually balled my eyes out. I will miss them so much!
It's impossible how much a TV character has grown on me.
My favourite companions by far. They will be irreplaceable. It really saddens me that they both decided to leave, but I guess when the time is right, the time is right.

And Amy's speech at the end was amazing. I had completely forgotten about those episodes, the whale in space, the pirates.

Everybody on Doctor Who has done a marvellous job, and that episode will forever be my favourite, however upsetting it was at the same time.
If there was a way to go, that was the most romantic, dramatic and fantastic way that Amy and Rory could have gone.
I know Karen has said it's the end for her regarding Doctor Who, but I really hope she returns at some point in the future.

Anything's possible with the Doctor. :wink2:
Original post by Feefifofum
You forgot to mention - details which have been explained in previous episodes which the guy hasn't seen, and is blaming his own ignorance on the scriptwriters :p:

Of course - I blame MOTD for being distracting.

Original post by Sithius
Roofstop statue of liberty, their ultra guard... except so many in the city would be noticing it making it therefore a useless, frozen guard.

He is so, so important and they know it. They do not know what Rory and Amy are planning to do exactly, why on EARTH would they let them go anywhere when it risks their existence? Animals in the animal kingdom do not toy with their prey when there is a slight chance that prey may kill them unexpectedly. Toying is how a cat toys with a mouse, harmless and poses no risk whatsoever.

You are the one that needs to have the door hitting you on the way out of this thread tonight, perhaps it'll knock some sense into you. There is a reason I left this godawful forum, too much stupidity and irrationality.

Yeah - except the statue also serves as a massive distraction, and the angels inside catch up easily. Consider it a crowned, famous decoy.

Same reason they let anyone go up to the roof (like that detective in the opening) - there's no way down. How many people would know that a paradox would kill the angels, and that killing themself would create a paradox?

Cool - perhaps you should leave again then.
I was actually far more moved by the suicide scene than by the Ponds' actual departure. I thought that was far more sad.
Crying SO much :bawling:

Aside from the stupidness of the Statue of Liberty really great episode, first episode where I haven't hated River! But no more Rory and Amy is just tragic...may just have to curl up in a ball and eat copious amounts of chocolate for next few days.
I thought that was a fantastic episode. So. Many. Feels.
Reply 8874
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Crying SO much :bawling:

Aside from the stupidness of the Statue of Liberty really great episode, first episode where I haven't hated River! But no more Rory and Amy is just tragic...may just have to curl up in a ball and eat copious amounts of chocolate for next few days.

:O Ahaha, I love River so much so it always shocks me when somebody says they hate her. She's a bit like marmite.

There were so many sweet moments between her and the doctor. I squee'd when he kissed her on the cheek. So god damn sweet.
I personally found the last 15 minutes where the 10th Doctor said goodbye to all of his companions sadder..
Of course - I blame MOTD for being distracting.

Yeah - except the statue also serves as a massive distraction, and the angels inside catch up easily. Consider it a crowned, famous decoy.

Same reason they let anyone go up to the roof (like that detective in the opening) - there's no way down. How many people would know that a paradox would kill the angels, and that killing themself would create a paradox?

Cool - perhaps you should leave again then.

Well I was being nice by not picking you up on the 'toying' point. Animals don't actually 'toy' with their prey in the sense that you are thinking. They do not prolong a hunt with fun in mind, they adopt a strategy which is most likely to give them the reward they seek. A cat may take its time hunting a mouse, this is to ensure the pounce is perfect and that it catches the mouse in time. It's not like Tom and Jerry where the cat is laughing in its head in excitement as it chases after the mouse, skidding in the dirt and 'toying' with it.

There is literally no good reason for the angels to lag behind and think 'no worries brahs the statue of Lib has this one under control. Let's just slowly walk up these stairs'.

Just think before you post. You already lost the point about the Dr letting Amy go so easily (he could have grabbed her and pulled her back whilst making sure to maintain eye contact with the angel, as an example)

Bah, I'm tired now, off to bed I go. Hate circular arguments, in this case you are recycling the same inane response to my perfectly valid points. It's grating.
Original post by Miracle Day
I personally found the last 15 minutes where the 10th Doctor said goodbye to all of his companions sadder..

Definitely.

Dr Who makes no sense anymore :frown: No thought is going into the continuity, the 'rules of Time' and stuff, it's just ruined it for me
Reply 8878
Original post by Sithius

Just think before you post. You already lost the point about the Dr letting Amy go so easily (he could have grabbed her and pulled her back whilst making sure to maintain eye contact with the angel, as an example)

Bah, I'm tired now, off to bed I go. Hate circular arguments, in this case you are recycling the same inane response to my perfectly valid points. It's grating.

Oh get over yourself. :rolleyes:

You being nitpicky and stubborn isn't perfectly valid and it doesn't mean you 'win'. Perhaps you should be a little less petty and actually consider what other people are explaining.

Do you expect the doctor to stare at the angel forever? Do you think he'd be able to do that? No. It's two against one and Moffat probably needed to save time so a pointless 5 minute long staring contest wasn't needed.

As for the pacing thing, is it really that much of a big deal? Maybe the angels didn't want to be running so fast because there's so many of them. They wouldn't want to move quickly in case they accidentally quantum-locked in front of each other and were trapped forever.
Tbh it was good much better than the normal ones but I dunnoe something wasnt quite right and well it was emotional enough I mean when Rose I left I was crying like a baby but when rory and amy left just a tear or two :s-smilie:

Latest