The Student Room Group

22% of EU students don't repay student loans

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by mucgoo
My point is if we choose we could learn Dutch and so study any course while benefiting from the near zero fees subsidized of course by Dutch taxpayers.

The barriers for either side are the same. Europeans learning English or us learning a European language.

Also you can go to Ireland if you wish. They charge about £2-3k from memory and of course it's all in English.

It seems a fair exchange in terms of value.

Malta is out there as well. Plus there are loads of postgraduate courses taught at a very reasonable price.
After I do my medical degree I'm swiftly going back to the Netherlands and I'm simply not getting exploited by the banking masters.
Reply 22
Why is this country giving them loans? shouldn't they apply in their own countries?
Reply 23
Original post by Karla_Steinbach
After I do my medical degree I'm swiftly going back to the Netherlands and I'm simply not getting exploited by the banking masters.

Just for the record the loan isn't through a bank... And if you were to abscond on a bank loan they would come after you like a shot...
Original post by cl_steele
I think they're doing exactly what many students here would do if they could noting more nothing less. Why would I feel bitter about them looking out for themselves instead of being saddled with crippling debts, as I said before wouldn't you ditch the debt if you could?

No English student with a fat loan to pay back would say that, because
when your born in this country the establishment knows everything about you, there is no way you could avoid paying your loan back. Why don't these students go to these countries with lower tuition ? Instead of coming here,
what really gets my goat is that you sound like one of these freeloaders who thinks they've got a right to rip us off and then say " you would if you could"
Fact is the loans will go up for existing students and taxes will go up in other areas your only ripping off hard working people. Immoral prick!!
Reply 25
Original post by Elsagatehouse
No English student with a fat loan to pay back would say that, because
when your born in this country the establishment knows everything about you, there is no way you could avoid paying your loan back. Why don't these students go to these countries with lower tuition ? Instead of coming here,
what really gets my goat is that you sound like one of these freeloaders who thinks they've got a right to rip us off and then say " you would if you could"
Fact is the loans will go up for existing students and taxes will go up in other areas your only ripping off hard working people. Immoral prick!!

Oh cry me a ****ing river.
Who's 'us' I'm british you dribbling idiot.
Well that just shows your idiocy now doesn't it? The tax department is not all powerful it's very easy to abscond without repaying your loan, as people frequently do.
As for your first remark all I can say is lol.
Reply 26
Original post by CEKTOP
Guaranteed bilingual?
Lol, no, most of them have crappy english tbh.

And your crappy...Oh wait, you don't speak a second language. :rolleyes:
Reply 27
Original post by Juichiro
And your crappy...Oh wait, you don't speak a second language. :rolleyes:

My second native language is Russian, I was born in Murka though so that makes me a neoconservative imperialist who knows nothing about geography, other cultures and not eating big macs for breakfast ofc.
(edited 11 years ago)
Oh cry me a ****ing river.
Who's 'us' I'm british you dribbling idiot.
Well that just shows your idiocy now doesn't it? The tax department is not all powerful it's very easy to abscond without repaying your loan, as people frequently do.
As for your first remark all I can say is lol.

Your the ....king idiot, what are you saying , disappear in the country at large, perhaps live in sherwood forest for 20 years and have a little band
of merry men who have also absconded and you can be outlaws together, fool, do you think that you will never have a bank account in your life or that you will always be in work and never need social security, or how about your
national insurance number that doesn't change from the day you are born to the day you die which identifies exactly who you are. Fools like you get caught. LOL
Reply 29
I think the solution is the Student Loans Company need to take more details from the applicant when the student first applies for the loan and then follow up on this information once they've graduated.

The SLC should be utilizing court procedures in their country's of residence. If they put pressure on them like this they would probably see their money back.
Reply 30
Your the ....king idiot, what are you saying , disappear in the country at large, perhaps live in sherwood forest for 20 years and have a little band
of merry men who have also absconded and you can be outlaws together, fool, do you think that you will never have a bank account in your life or that you will always be in work and never need social security, or how about your
national insurance number that doesn't change from the day you are born to the day you die which identifies exactly who you are. Fools like you get caught. LOL

Avoiding it while in UK based P60 paycheck employment is impossible.
But barely paying anything or far less than your meant to if self employed or having moved abroad is certainly possible.
Original post by mucgoo
Avoiding it while in UK based P60 paycheck employment is impossible .But barely paying anything or far less than your meant to if self employed or having moved abroad is certainly possible.

Barely paying anything is still paying something, but having to leave your friends and family and everything your familiar with is a pretty big
thing to have to resort to and thats why I said that it's not easy for a Brit student to do this, but for foreign students they can just disappear in their
country of origin. This also answers the question though unwittingly of " what
Is an indigenous person" it's a person who cannot abscond from his debts or financial responsibilitys cos his country knows everything about him or her
from the day he was born, therefore it's easier for people outside of this country to screw us. It's the government that needs a kick up the backside for doing sweet FA about it apart from putting student fees up to pay for the deficit left behind by EU miscreants.
Original post by CEKTOP
Guaranteed bilingual?
Lol, no, most of them have crappy english tbh.

I'm prepared to bet that the average European's English is quite a bit better than the average English person's second language (if they even have one).
Good for them, I admire anyone who can cheat their way out of debt serfdom.
Reply 34

Firstly it's you're.
Secondly, I almost feel sorry for people as stupid as you... Do you really think this miserable rock is the only country out there? Please. The long arm of HMRC is only so long.
Original post by anarchism101

Who are they cheating ,these people who get their degrees are getting them paid for by hard working minimum wage earners not to mention that students in the not to distant future will have to pay higher fees to make up for the deficit these people leave behind. For all we know this "bedroom tax" is just another way of clawing back money , they don't care that the poorest people will be affected, while these people with their free degrees are earning **** loads of money.I'd say look closer to home if you want to apply serfdom correctly.
Reply 36
Original post by anarchism101

No one is forcing them into any debt. They're making a choice to study at British universities fully aware of the tuition fees.

If they don't wish to pay those fees then they should either study in their own country or choice another EU country with low tuition fees.
Who are they cheating ,these people who get their degrees are getting them paid for by hard working minimum wage earners not to mention that students in the not to distant future will have to pay higher fees to make up for the deficit these people leave behind. For all we know this "bedroom tax" is just another way of clawing back money , they don't care that the poorest people will be affected, while these people with their free degrees are earning **** loads of money.I'd say look closer to home if you want to apply serfdom correctly.

If you want to complain about where money is spent and you think that giving ~30,000 students a free education is the worst use of it, I think you have a problem with your priorities.
Firstly it's you're.
Secondly, I almost feel sorry for people as stupid as you... Do you really think this miserable rock is the only country out there? Please. The long arm of HMRC is only so long.

I thought you said you were English, what does "Firstly its you're" mean?
I think a lot of people lie about being English just to justify their argument and I believe you are one of these people? I don't regard my country of origin as a miserable piece of rock and if you think so clever dick why are
you here if anything makes our lives miserable here it's ingrates like you
go and crawl back under the slimy rock you came from!!!
Reply 39
I thought you said you were English, what does "Firstly its you're" mean?
I think a lot of people lie about being English just to justify their argument and I believe you are one of these people? I don't regard my country of origin as a miserable piece of rock and if you think so clever dick why are
you here if anything makes our lives miserable here it's ingrates like you
go and crawl back under the slimy rock you came from!!!

Are you mentally subnormal or just trying to be stupid...?
How can you lie about where you're from, I was born in england thus I am English dip**** :s
I don't really care what you regard it as you're a baboon crusading for a non existent lower class. In short an ejit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending