The Student Room Group

OCR Accounting Unit 2

i was just wondering if anyone who does OCR accounting thought they might have a good idea what might be on the paper next wedbesday for unit 2?:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I will be doing this exam tomorrow! :/ I've got a feeling partnerships, control accounts, methods of depreciation and stock valuation and maybe journals might come up. But that's just based on what ddidn't come up in January's exam.
Reply 2
Good luck guys! Ill be doing this exam today too, hope it goes well! I think incomplete records are going to come up but who knows!
Reply 3
How did you guys find it?
Reply 4
I thought question 3 was a bit hard, question 2 and 4 were fine! but i didnt balance on question 1 :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by kaylgard
I thought question 3 was a bit hard, question 2 and 4 were fine! but i didnt balance on question 1 :frown:

i was 2000 off balancing, and for the control account one i managed to match the figures up but i think they may have been the wrong ones.
Reply 6
I hope the grade boundaries are lower this year! haha
Reply 7
me too haha, what did u get for the control account figures?
Reply 8
i think the purchase ledger was something like 91,300
cant remember the sales one:frown:
Reply 9
i think the purchase ledger was something like 91,300
cant remember the sales one:frown:

i think i got 74300 and 97300
really need them to be right :frown:
Reply 10
actually yeah! it was 97,300!! definitely, i remember now:') and me! lost marks on question 3 so cant afford to lose any more
Reply 11
actually yeah! it was 97,300!! definitely, i remember now:') and me! lost marks on question 3 so cant afford to lose any more

yeasss haha gives me a bit more hope
anyway good luck with any other exams u have and hope you get the results you want x!
Reply 12
Original post by aran0909
yeasss haha gives me a bit more hope
anyway good luck with any other exams u have and hope you get the results you want x!

thank you! and you :smile: x
Reply 13
For last question, share of profits was 110000 something each right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Putch1
For last question, share of profits was 110000 something each right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah thats what i had!
Reply 15
yeah thats what i had!

Nice!

and also for capital accounts. Edwin and venessa had bal c/d on the debit side right? Stock introduced was credited in the capital account. Revaluation debited. Also interest on drawings was 660 and 600.

Also for the 1st question, did you get net profit as 29800? For the sales figure, we didn't have to add drawings right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Putch1
Nice!

and also for capital accounts. Edwin and venessa had bal c/d on the debit side right? Stock introduced was credited in the capital account. Revaluation debited. Also interest on drawings was 660 and 600.

Also for the 1st question, did you get net profit as 29800? For the sales figure, we didn't have to add drawings right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i had all that for the last question :smile:
yeah i had something like that for the net profit, and i dont think so, it was just discounts :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Putch1
Nice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope
re-evaluation ar credit
Reply 18
Original post by aran0909
nope
re-evaluation ar credit

Revaluation was a decrease from 450000 to 300000 something. Therefore it should be debited. If it was an increase, it should be credited. This was again in the past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
yeah i had all that for the last question :smile:
yeah i had something like that for the net profit, and i dont think so, it was just discounts :smile:

Yes! I thought so because i was unsure whether or not to include drawings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending