The Student Room Group

About gcse pe and sports studies btec both ocr

Both of the exambaord for these are ocr btw I’ve came here to say do I need to be like good at push ups and every sport bc I’m bad at fitness tests and some sports like and not I like football,pe,badminton,table tennis,cricket,tennis but hate like rugby running dance etc???
Reply 1
Original post by Brianstudy01
Both of the exambaord for these are ocr btw I’ve came here to say do I need to be like good at push ups and every sport bc I’m bad at fitness tests and some sports like and not I like football,pe,badminton,table tennis,cricket,tennis but hate like rugby running dance etc???

Hi there! I had done sports studies OCR last year, I have forgotten the specific unit numbers and it depends on what sports you choose but I will go through brief of how I done mine and answer your question

Exam Paper - It was a paper out of 60 marks and you had to identify contemporary issues in sports. You should already be doing this with your teachers hopefully

Coursework - This consisted of 2-3 coursework units which I really enjoyed. one was about media, another about leadership/coach style, and another about how your practical session went

Practical - You will have to pick two sports, one that is an individual sport and another that is a team sport. I had picked badminton for my individual and volleyball for my team sport as I had already played beforehand so it was easier. If you haven't however, that is Ok!
. In your case you could do football or cricket for team sports and badminton or table tennis for individual sports, completely up to you!
.During your individual sport, your teacher will assess you and will give you a mark out of 50 (depends on the unit chosen)
.For your team sport, you will have to lead a session and coach students which will take around 30 mins (This only applies if your school picks the leadership coaching unit for OCR)

To finally answer your question, no you do not have to be good at push ups, they shouldn't evaluate your fitness test unless your teacher wanted to do a normal fitness lesson but that can not contribute to any of your grade. Also remember that your exam and coursework marks will also contribute to your final grade so if practical is not your best area, your exam results and coursework will certainly boost your grade up!
Hope this helps and let me know if you're still stuck :smile:

P.S also know this may not be the same units your school decides to take so certain exams, coursework etc may vary
(edited 2 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest