The Student Room Group

A-level Economics Study Group 2022-2023

Welcome to the A-level Economics Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for! :smile:

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:

Scroll to see replies

Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
Study Rocket
Expert-Tuition
Economics Success
Economics Help
Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?
These are some online resources I have found useful:
1. Physics and maths tutor (notes and past papers)
2. Study rocket (revision notes)
3. Expert-tuition (topic questions and past papers)
4. Economics success - this website has its own revision resources and also shows you other useful websites for economics; make sure to go through each of these websites given in this website and see which one you find useful
5. Economics help (revision notes and essay samples)
6. A folder with great essay samples (the best resource for A level economics imo!) - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/63tmfqty2syk5dv/AABURfjfg29o-rNufXLjVM-5a?dl=0

I discovered a couple of these websites from TSR so thanks to this community! :smile:
Original post by NazifaNawer
These are some online resources I have found useful:
1. Physics and maths tutor (notes and past papers)
2. Study rocket (revision notes)
3. Expert-tuition (topic questions and past papers)
4. Economics success - this website has its own revision resources and also shows you other useful websites for economics; make sure to go through each of these websites given in this website and see which one you find useful
5. Economics help (revision notes and essay samples)
6. A folder with great essay samples (the best resource for A level economics imo!) - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/63tmfqty2syk5dv/AABURfjfg29o-rNufXLjVM-5a?dl=0

I discovered a couple of these websites from TSR so thanks to this community! :smile:

I will add these to our recommended resource list. Thank you so much for sharing :smile:

I'm so glad the community have managed to support you :biggrin:
Original post by Evil Homer
I will add these to our recommended resource list. Thank you so much for sharing :smile:

I'm so glad the community have managed to support you :biggrin:

Haha it's my pleasure! :smile:
Anyone who is doing IAL edexcel economics unit 1 and unit 2 this summer?
Reply 7
Did you ever came across econplusdal resources? I watch his youtube videos and found them very good that is why I'm thinking of buying his revision pack but not sure if they are any good.
Original post by rtomar
Did you ever came across econplusdal resources? I watch his youtube videos and found them very good that is why I'm thinking of buying his revision pack but not sure if they are any good.

I never really needed to watch his videos so I also don't know how good his revision packs are. Sorry.
But I included some online resources above. You can try those to see if you improve. If you don't then you should buy econplusdal resources as exams are only a few weeks away
Reply 9
Anyone who is doing IAL edexcel economics unit 1 and unit 2 this summer?

yeah, im done with unit 1, having 2nd unit on 15th
Original post by dishil2
yeah, im done with unit 1, having 2nd unit on 15th

How was unit 1 for you?
Reply 11
like a 7/10 cuz i had IT and Pure 1 on the same day, so didnt have time to revise econ lol
Original post by dishil2
like a 7/10 cuz i had IT and Pure 1 on the same day, so didnt have time to revise econ lol

Oof that must have been annoying:frown:. Mine was good but less good compared to others. I answered all questions except the 8 mark question, only wrote 3-4 lines. Ran out of time. How's prep for unit 2?
Reply 13
(Original post by NazifaNawer)Oof that must have been annoying:frown:. Mine was good but less good compared to others. I answered all questions except the 8 mark question, only wrote 3-4 lines. Ran out of time. How's prep for unit 2?

i didnt finish the 20 marker:frown:, well i got business unit 2 coming too, so i gotta revise both, tho overall its goin slow but alr
Original post by dishil2
(Original post by NazifaNawer)Oof that must have been annoying:frown:. Mine was good but less good compared to others. I answered all questions except the 8 mark question, only wrote 3-4 lines. Ran out of time. How's prep for unit 2?

i didnt finish the 20 marker:frown:, well i got business unit 2 coming too, so i gotta revise both, tho overall its goin slow but alr

Dude how many subjects have you got? I also do business (my subjects are business, economics and accounting). But glad to know that I wasn't the only one who couldn't finish the whole paper of eco unit 1.

I don't even know how good my prep for eco and business is. It's meh....
Reply 15
(Original post by NazifaNawer)Dude how many subjects have you got? I also do business (my subjects are business, economics and accounting). But glad to know that I wasn't the only one who couldn't finish the whole paper of eco unit 1.

IT (practical, theory), Maths (pure 1, pure 2, statistics), business (1 and 2), econ(1 and 2). yeah meh for me too lmao
Original post by dishil2
(Original post by NazifaNawer)Dude how many subjects have you got? I also do business (my subjects are business, economics and accounting). But glad to know that I wasn't the only one who couldn't finish the whole paper of eco unit 1.

IT (practical, theory), Maths (pure 1, pure 2, statistics), business (1 and 2), econ(1 and 2). yeah meh for me too lmao

Bruh 4 subs? I can't handle 3 subs here.
Heard today's s1 was very easy?
Reply 17
Bruh 4 subs? I can't handle 3 subs here.
Heard today's s1 was very easy?

4 bcs in year 12 u are supposed to pick 4 then u drop one in yr 13. yeah s1 was easier than previous years, so that means high grade boundries:frown:
Original post by dishil2
4 bcs in year 12 u are supposed to pick 4 then u drop one in yr 13. yeah s1 was easier than previous years, so that means high grade boundries:frown:

You could do without taking 4 AS tho. You live in the UK?
Ah don't worry. You will end up with A in maths I'm sure.
Reply 19
You could do without taking 4 AS tho. You live in the UK?
Ah don't worry. You will end up with A in maths I'm sure.

no i dont live in UK. its compulsory in my school to take 4 subs in year 12, thanks nazifa

Quick Reply

Latest