University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster - Freshers 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by italian18
It's only valid for the studio flat :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, I called and they said that too...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by italian18
It's only valid for the studio flat :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's weird, I called last night regarding my shared room and she said "yup the offer should still be valid at the moment" and I said it isn't because I'm being asked for £250, to which she replied "oh well the promotion must be over then".. kinda confused now lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 262
Hey! My name's Ahmed, I'm from Egypt and I'll hopefully be studying Architecture starting September if I get the IB grade of 35 needed to satisfy the conditions of my offer. I've applied to Student Court since that's the only available option for freshers so hopefully it turns out alright. I wanted to stay more towards Central London to be more immersed in the liveliness of the city...but I guess a few minutes away won't be too bad. Contact me if you'll be staying in the same hall...would love to get to meet a few people before I start :smile:
Original post by maged
Hey! My name's Ahmed, I'm from Egypt and I'll hopefully be studying Architecture starting September if I get the IB grade of 35 needed to satisfy the conditions of my offer. I've applied to Student Court since that's the only available option for freshers so hopefully it turns out alright. I wanted to stay more towards Central London to be more immersed in the liveliness of the city...but I guess a few minutes away won't be too bad. Contact me if you'll be staying in the same hall...would love to get to meet a few people before I start :smile:

I took the IB too - 35 is a seriously high offer for Westminster's standards, is it well reputed/highly ranked for Architecture? I'm certain a 35 could get you into a few Russell Group unis - not that I'm discouraging you, just curious! I'm studying Business Management (which apparently Westminster is reasonably popular for) and needed a 28 to get in which was simple enough..

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tabishy
That's weird, I called last night regarding my shared room and she said "yup the offer should still be valid at the moment" and I said it isn't because I'm being asked for £250, to which she replied "oh well the promotion must be over then".. kinda confused now lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

They also confirmed it by email :smile:
Reply 265
Yeah it is really high. I'm surprised that they gave you an offer for 28 though. I applied to London Met and they needed at least 30 which is a lot for its standard, doesnt come near Westminster's rank. I wouldve applied to better unis if they were located in London. Westminster has the most decent architecture course in the city (second to ucl, which I didnt get in to). I guess your course just doesn't need the crazy amounts of hardwork as in architecture, which i've heard to be really difficult.
Original post by James Brookes
Finally! A fellow journo! I've not managed to find anyone else doing it. Are you staying at Student Court or Harrow? :smile:

Hello! Yay! You're the second I've met... Someone I met at interview also has Westminster as a firm. Feel free to PM me!
Original post by joesharpe94
Yeah :smile: and yeah I am, Law, you?

I'll study Business and Law as well! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I'm Alberto from Spain, im staying at F503 anybody around?
Reply 269
Original post by danburgess_
Exactly, it was my top choice because it's the best film course I've come across and yeah I applied for Harrow Halls

Hey, Im doing Film and TV at Westminster too! Going to Harrow Halls too. Look forward to meeting you :smile:
hi guys!!!

my name is Abu and i shall be studying business managment at marlyebone.

Message me if your doing the same course as me :colondollar::biggrin:
Original post by abusayyed
hi guys!!!

my name is Abu and i shall be studying business managment at marlyebone.

Message me if your doing the same course as me :colondollar::biggrin:

I am 😊
I've posted before but anyone else in flat 818? :smile:
I have successfully paid the 250£ booking fee. I'm flat 516D :smile:

Shall I complete the Tenancy Agreement now? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tabishy
I took the IB too - 35 is a seriously high offer for Westminster's standards, is it well reputed/highly ranked for Architecture? I'm certain a 35 could get you into a few Russell Group unis - not that I'm discouraging you, just curious! I'm studying Business Management (which apparently Westminster is reasonably popular for) and needed a 28 to get in which was simple enough..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's considered one of the top unis for architecture, places like oxford and Cambridge don't do it so it's an area that Westminster has really worked hard on. So many top architects have come out of there
Considering switching from Westminster (my firm) to my insurance, UWE Bristol. What made most of you go for Westminster? All it took was for my dad to do a simple Google search saying "is westminster a good university" and the search results just say it all, really - with most of the complaints being the terrible administration (which I've seen for myself, takes me to call them a few times and remind/push them in order for them to do anything at all) and the fact that they're mostly just looking out for your money and treat their students like customers rather than students. UWE on the other hand has great reviews and is way higher ranked so I'm starting to regret having chosen Westminster as my firm in the first place, though UCAS told me it's still not too late to switch my firm/insurance (phew) :smile:. From the research though (which admittedly I should have done more of before choosing) and the general vibe about Westminster, it isn't a very good university.

I suppose it's (one of) the best in the country for fashion/film/media/communication/architecture, but for the others (e.g., Business, Law) what made you choose Westminster? Just curious.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 276
Original post by tabishy
Considering switching from Westminster (my firm) to my insurance, UWE Bristol. What made most of you go for Westminster? All it took was for my dad to do a simple Google search saying "is westminster a good university" and the search results just say it all, really - with most of the complaints being the terrible administration (which I've seen for myself, takes me to call them a few times and remind/push them in order for them to do anything at all) and the fact that they're mostly just looking out for your money and treat their students like customers rather than students. UWE on the other hand has great reviews and is way higher ranked so I'm starting to regret having chosen Westminster as my firm in the first place, though UCAS told me it's still not too late to switch my firm/insurance (phew) :smile:. From the research though (which admittedly I should have done more of before choosing) and the general vibe about Westminster, it isn't a very good university.

I suppose it's (one of) the best in the country for fashion/film/media/communication/architecture, but for the others (e.g., Business, Law) what made you choose Westminster? Just curious.

I dont know much about Uni ranking and stuff. But if you look at the other Uni's in London you will see that pretty much all of them are not that high up on the table (kings is an exception). I can say two things tho about it. One you chose london Uni's because you want the life of 'The Big City' and two you have more opportunities that are more likely to affect you when you move out of uni. I think you cant judge a uni just on its rank in the league tables. But UWE is a good uni to go to and their american foot ball team is pretty decent also :biggrin: hope some of this has helped a little.
Original post by Ash2054
their american foot ball team is pretty decent also :biggrin:

You mean handegg :wink:
Reply 278
Original post by tabishy
You mean handegg :wink:

HAHA!
Original post by tabishy

I know that personally I chose it because of it's location, and for when it comes to studying Law in London, you need A*AA for top uni's which for myself, having spread myself too thin in my first year of sixth form is pretty unattainable! But I also chose it because of their employability and student destinations-one of which being Allen and Overy (magic circle law firm/top 5 law firms with their headquarters in the UK.) It doesn't necessarily come down to the university you go to as long as you're happy there and do everything you possibly can whilst you're there to get your name known in the area you wish to work in once you've graduated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending