Visit website

Westminster - Freshers 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

What room/flat are you in..? I im in 818
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Hey guys in Sophie Alisa, I'm am studying history at the regent campus and will be living at student court. Inbox me via the student room as it would be nice to make some friends before I start :smile:
Original post by apgclarke
What room/flat are you in..? I im in 818

Got a room offer not a number yet xx
[h="1"]i will be studying fine art at harrow, let me know if you are aswell[/h]
Luke
ox
Reply 304
Original post by maged
Yeah it is really high. I'm surprised that they gave you an offer for 28 though. I applied to London Met and they needed at least 30 which is a lot for its standard, doesnt come near Westminster's rank. I wouldve applied to better unis if they were located in London. Westminster has the most decent architecture course in the city (second to ucl, which I didnt get in to). I guess your course just doesn't need the crazy amounts of hardwork as in architecture, which i've heard to be really difficult.

For your information London met is 18th in the Architecture university ranking while Westminster is 25th. Making London Met more qualified then Westminster

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Architecture
I will be studying digital media and communication at harrow campus and have nowhere to live. Was wondering what to do. For some reason I didnt get my room.
Original post by SkullWillow155
I will be studying digital media and communication at harrow campus and have nowhere to live. Was wondering what to do. For some reason I didnt get my room.

When did you apply? There's Victoria halls which you can apply to and lots of other student accommodation, check your emails because ucas send a lot of emails about other London based accommodation
Original post by SkullWillow155

me neither. I applied the day after application portal opened but for some reason I still have not been offered a room yet..:confused:
Hey,
I just found this thread so thought I'd come join in. I'm madeline and i'll be studying fashion buying management at the harrow campus and living in harrow halls!
Reply 309
Original post by itsamadeline1
Hey,
I just found this thread so thought I'd come join in. I'm madeline and i'll be studying fashion buying management at the harrow campus and living in harrow halls!

I'm studying fashion buying management also! :smile: So nice to find someone else doing the same course!! :smile: :smile:
Original post by justanothertechie
As you say, I chose Westminster because of its reputation within the Media sector, given that I hope to study Journalism (a course which Westminster founded).

Administration might not be great but then again administration at big businesses/banks isn't outstanding and we trust them with way more than we do any Uni.

I think as another poster suggests, it isn't about the Uni itself solely, it is about the time you have there, whether you are happy there and the opportunity it affords you. Think of it as though it is a 3 year networking event. Indeed, for most subjects where better to study than LONDON, the HEART of the business world?

Aside that, reputation is always everything. People who are best at things in the world don't have the best reputation, heck, we don't really hear about many of them because they are hidden away behind 'poster people'. How many singers write there own songs?

If, come results day, you feel you've made the wrong choice, you could try seeing if UWE are in clearing and release yourself into Clearing and access it that way. Also, if you are unlucky enough not to meet your firm, you could end up at your Insurance anyway.

hi,

I chose Westminster because I felt that the people running my course we're so passionate about what they taught. They made it clear that they'd never teach anything they didn't enjoy and that reflected in their performance on the applicant day! The people running my course were so welcoming and made me already feel like a student! I agree that Westminster isn't ranked high on the leauge tables however when you look into it their student satisfaction is amazing, and which is more important what the students say or the critics from the outside?
Original post by kyleunwin
Hey! I'm studying politics and international relations, I'm sure we'll cross at some point :smile:

FINALLY! Someone else who is studying Politics and International Relations! I was starting to think I was on my own!

Where are you moving from? :smile:

Hi, I'm Amy by the way!
Original post by amya1112
FINALLY! Someone else who is studying Politics and International Relations! I was starting to think I was on my own!

Where are you moving from? :smile:

Hi, I'm Amy by the way!

Hey! Don't worry we'll all find each other eventually, I've been on a gap year this year so I've had a long long long wait for finding anyone doing the course! Have we already crossed on Facebook on the Westminster group?

I'm from Manchester, how about you? :smile:
Original post by tiinamn
I'm studying fashion buying management also! :smile: So nice to find someone else doing the same course!! :smile: :smile:

Finally someone who is on my course! Are you also living in harrow halls? I literally got my confirmation today :biggrin:
Reply 314
Original post by itsamadeline1
Finally someone who is on my course! Are you also living in harrow halls? I literally got my confirmation today :biggrin:

Yes, i'm also living in harrow :smile: already paid my deposit as well :smile:
720 south at Wembley neighbours come at mee!!!
Original post by Jamie Goring
in 320! that was awkward, I went to pay the 2300 odd, didnt know i was actually paying and it got delined lol

I'm 317 so we are across the hall from eachother!!
Reply 317
Hello , my names gentrit. Hopefully i will be starting the course in sept. When is freshers week ?
Reply 318
International students!

Are any of you attending the international student welcome programme? :smile:
(http://www.westminster.ac.uk/international/advice-and-visas/when-you-arrive/welcome-and-orientation/welcome-programme)
Reply 319
Helllllllllllo!

I'm Shelby and hopefully I'll be studying Film Production and Television!

I've applied for Harrow!!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending