The Student Room Group

Is it rape if...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by This Is Matt
You didn't say it had to be the boy raping the adult. You questioned if males could be raped. I said yes and gave an example.

No I asked if two people can rape each other at the same time
Original post by TheAnusFiles
And you are a big ****ing dumbass

it's a joke, you 'big ****ing dumbass'.
Original post by EatAndRevise
it's a joke, you 'big ****ing dumbass'.

Well it wasn't very funny, so how was I meant to know it was a joke? If thats your attempt at a joke, I pray you never attempt to construct anything else in your life
Original post by Saoirse:3
In a purely legal sense, cisgender women cannot commit rape in the UK - the offence refers specifically to the insertion of a penis into a vagina or anus. After that, it depends what you mean by "drunk", really. But I don't see how you could have "mutual rape", because if neither party consents to it it wouldn't happen. That's the key point legally - was there consent or not. The main sucessful prosecutions where a party is drunk come when a man takes a lack of objection to equal consent, which legally it does not, when the person they are having sex with is so drunk they are not capable of saying no. If both parties were that drunk that they were incapable of objection, they would also be incapable of having sex in the first place.

What is cisgender
I have sat in on enough court cases to know that it is extremely difficult to convince a jury to convict someone of rape.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is cisgender

A person born clearly as a member of either the male or female sex (not intersex), who also identifies as a member of either the male or female gender, and who's gender is the same as their sex at birth (not trans*/transgender) :smile: .
.... ... ...

... hmmm... i guess so haha

I better get a hefty rep for not only coming up with that disturbing scenario but then going on to explain it :colonhash:

jokes, gonna fap to it later :sexface:
Original post by This Is Matt
Actually they can...

Assault by penetration

(1)A person (A) commits an offence if—
(a)he intentionally penetrates the vagina or anus of another person (B) with a part of his body or anything else,
(b)the penetration is sexual,
(c)B does not consent to the penetration, and
(d)A does not reasonably believe that B consents.
(2)Whether a belief is reasonable is to be determined having regard to all the circumstances, including any steps A has taken to ascertain whether B consents.

The pronoun 'he' is only used as as a filler for 'If the person'. Otherwise most UK acts would only apply to males.

Although similar, that is not the same offence as rape.
A person born clearly as a member of either the male or female sex (not intersex), who also identifies as a member of either the male or female gender, and who's gender is the same as their sex at birth (not trans*/transgender) :smile: .

Ohhhh thanks
Well it wasn't very funny, so how was I meant to know it was a joke? If thats your attempt at a joke, I pray you never attempt to construct anything else in your life

Well, I don't seem to understand how not being 'very funny' is related to my ability to 'construct anything else in your(my) life." Please elaborate on that point.
Ohhhh thanks

No problem :smile:
Although similar, that is not the same offence as rape.

That was the definition given for rape but you were correct, the technicality means it would be sexual assault and not rape. Similar yet different.
Original post by DanB1991
If both parties are equally drunk it can be rape, just like one sober person can rape another sober person.

However if one person is calling rape purely based on the fact they were drunk or cannot remember the act then it's not rape, just someone got too intoxicated.

Original post by DanB1991
When the police started their whole "drunk sex = rape" campaign my ex GF quite frequently argued how it was not fair that as a man I was allowed to have drunk sex, but as soon as a woman has drunk sex it's seen as rape.

There's a difference between "drunk sex" and sex where you're too drunk to consent which if you're too drunk to remember you're probably too drunk to consent (not saying that is 100% of cases).
Original post by brownsugar-xx
I better get a hefty rep for not only coming up with that disturbing scenario but then going on to explain it :colonhash:

jokes, gonna fap to it later :sexface:

girls can't fap REPORTED
No I asked if two people can rape each other at the same time

To make it completely simultaneous, the legal definition includes 'into the mouth' so you could have 69 position gone wrong.
girls can't fap REPORTED

They can the way i do it :smug:
Original post by this is matt
to make it completely simultaneous, the legal definition includes 'into the mouth' so you could have 69 position gone wrong.

hhahahahahhahahahahah
Original post by brownsugar-xx
They can the way i do it :smug:

yeah you could do it for a guy

Last time I checked gender is based on chromosomes not what one "identifies" as.
Original post by DiddyDec
Last time I checked gender is based on chromosomes not what one "identifies" as.

Gender: the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).

What you're thinking of is sex, which is to do with a person's biological state of which their chromosomes are a part. Gender is to do with whether you see yourself/are seen as a man, a woman or something else. For most people this is the same, but for some it isn't. Hence someone such as myself who's gender is female (hence a woman), but who's sex is for the time being male (hence has a penis) could be convicted as rape, but a cisgender woman (who's sex is also female and hence does not have a penis) could not.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending