The Student Room Group

Ancient History 2015!

So I know there was one for this upcoming year, but I thought I'd create a thread for next years ancient history students! How many of us are there? And where do you plan on applying? For me, I'm planning on Nottingham, Bristol, Newcastle and Cardiff. I'm still unsure of my fifth choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll be applying for my MA this fall. I'm mainly looking at Durham and Bristol but might also apply to Exeter.
Original post by WokSz
I'll be applying for my MA this fall. I'm mainly looking at Durham and Bristol but might also apply to Exeter.

Woo! Thanks for replying to my other thread too! I love the sound of Durham. It seems like my kind of place. But I doubt I would get in, even though I'm international and these universities love money. Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Coffeetime
Woo! Thanks for replying to my other thread too! I love the sound of Durham. It seems like my kind of place. But I doubt I would get in, even though I'm international and these universities love money. Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why don't you apply? Honestly, my undergrad was in a completely different subject and from a lower ranked University and I'm still applying. Durham has an amazing international community, and great facilities for History :smile:.
Original post by WokSz
Why don't you apply? Honestly, my undergrad was in a completely different subject and from a lower ranked University and I'm still applying. Durham has an amazing international community, and great facilities for History :smile:.

I should. I love how old the university is. And the modules sound fantastic. It's definitely my kind of place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I should. I love how old the university is. And the modules sound fantastic. It's definitely my kind of place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You bet! It's the modules on the MA that took me away. Great for research and for getting world experts on a specific subject.
Original post by WokSz
You bet! It's the modules on the MA that took me away. Great for research and for getting world experts on a specific subject.

What do you have your bachelors in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
What do you have your bachelors in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Management! Complete change haha!
Original post by WokSz
Management! Complete change haha!

I would say so. Haha. But that just means you'll have a more unique background.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I've applied for ancient history, either with egyptology (Liverpool), archaeology (warwick and Exeter), medieval history (royal holloway) or just on its own (KCL).

ive had offers from Liverpool and warwick (both ABB), and I'm having an interview (a pretty informal one I think) at royal holloway at some point in the near future, I haven't been given a date yet.
Original post by beccamcs
I've applied for ancient history, either with egyptology (Liverpool), archaeology (warwick and Exeter), medieval history (royal holloway) or just on its own (KCL).

ive had offers from Liverpool and warwick (both ABB), and I'm having an interview (a pretty informal one I think) at royal holloway at some point in the near future, I haven't been given a date yet.

Congrats on the offers!! Which is your favourite?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Congrats on the offers!! Which is your favourite?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I'm not sure yet, warwicks probably the best uni I've applied for, but I haven't actually been there yet. I loved Liverpool and the course sounds really interesting, but it's not as good a uni.
Reading, Swansea (twice, one single AH and one joint with Egyptology), MMU and Manchester. Really nervous, because I didn't do History at A-Level. Hopefully it won't matter too much. Regular history is all politics anyway!
anyone applied for ancient and medieval history to Birmingham? :smile:
Original post by cookydough
anyone applied for ancient and medieval history to Birmingham? :smile:

I have, but only for straight Ancient History, not with Medieval :h:
Reply 15
Original post by stainedglasseyes
I have, but only for straight Ancient History, not with Medieval :h:

Firmed ancient history at birmingham!
Original post by aac2618
Firmed ancient history at birmingham!

Me too! :biggrin:
Anyone else got an offer from Reading? I was set on Swansea before, but now I'm wondering if I should go for Reading or not.
Reply 18
Original post by stainedglasseyes
Me too! :biggrin:

What's your insurance?!
Original post by aac2618
What's your insurance?!

I got an unconditional from Birmingham but as track didn't update properly it let me put an insurance down. My head of sixth advised me to use it so I chose Cardiff. What's yours? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending