The Student Room Group

Why is misogyny more acceptable than racism?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingBradly
Firstly, it's "you're" not "your". I certainly trust Wikipedia over someone who is semi-literate.

Secondly, Bulbasaur summed it up perfectly in response to someone else:

Grammar Nazi sticking it to the man

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by Another
Criticisms against the OP aside, people actually voted for Saudi over Las Vegas? Like, seriously?

Rose tinted lenses, rose tinted lenses everywhere.

What are the criticisms against me?
Reply 42
Original post by Rosie786
Well your attitude towards people who chose to live in KSA was the same as 'holier than thou'

And to answer your question, its always the men putting women down regardless if they are religious or not. 'Women belong in kitchen'. That's the phrase I have heard more in the West.

Look if you want to turn a blind eye to the horrific treatment of women in Saudi Arabia, be my guest. Why should it bother you so much if some people don't though?
Reply 43
Original post by itsallfun
The OP is awful. A better comparison to Riyadh would be London rather than Las Vegas but then the OP is rather retarded throughout. I am not a Muslim and frequently laugh at aspects of Islam (the many time wasting rituals, though I do have respect for some of the discipline that Islam stresses), nevertheless the OP is so hilariously cringey.

Why am I 'hilariously cringey'? I'm genuinely curious.
Reply 44
Original post by itsallfun
Its true though. I am not a feminist, I am not Islamic, I frequently ridicule both. However, your OP is dreadful it is so reminiscent of the type of people who say "If I saw a woman being treated this way I would X", when we all know there is not a thing you would do other than pathetically creep away. To everyone else I say, regardless of your political persuasions, let KingBradly's posts be an example of how not to start an OP.

My post is an example of someone who is upset by social segregation. I'm not a feminist, you do not have to be a feminist to be against the terrible oppression of a demographic. You are an example of someone defending gender segregation, in a world where it is currently acceptable to defend it (most likely because the KSA is an ally of the US). 100yrs ago you'd be supporting the segregation of blacks and whites. You're no different to them, its just a different era.
Original post by KingBradly
What are the criticisms against me?

According to the people on this thread, apparently you have an unhealthy obsession with Islam. Then again this is the first thread I've seen made by you, I wouldn't know, you seem normal to me.
Reply 46
Original post by Another
According to the people on this thread, apparently you have an unhealthy obsession with Islam. Then again this is the first thread I've seen made by you, I wouldn't know, you seem normal to me.

I have an obsession/fascination with religions and the cultures surrounding them. I love reading religious texts, and have read a lot of Hindu, Buddhist, Taoist stuff, as well as the Qu'ran, some Hadiths, and some of the bible.

I find the popular, "politically correct" defence of Islam to be very strange, disturbing, and unjustified. When pointing out the oppression of a demographic courts as much resistance as it has on this thread, I think it's pretty worrying. Why are people defending Saudi Arabia? That's what I want to know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending