The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PaulHugh
Yes crinckle cut chips are 89p :laugh:

Feel free to join us. Smiggle's just too funny, I really can't help it :redface:

I don't even think I'm that funny :wink:
Original post by Mr...

You have already started coursework :lolwut: We are not even a week in :/

I have found out my Y10 specific Predicted Grades... They are mostly As and Bs D

In my school we went into year 10 3 weeks early (even before we broke up for the 6 week holidays) and so we have been working on it for 4-5 weeks now. We are completing a persuasive speech on CCTV and it's out of 40 marks. My teacher is currently reading mine to share improvements - though they are not allowed to write on the paper itself so it will be verbal feedback. I will have to let you guys know how I get on!

My predicted grades are mainly A's and B's but there is no obligation to not achieve higher than them. All I'm focusing on is working at my highest ability and getting the grades I have worked for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
HI GUYS!!!! Firstly I'm so glad I'm not the only 14 year old on here! My name is Ciara, and I turn 15 in Jan. I'm taking the core subjects (maths, English, r.e) and then I'm doing Triple Science, French, Product design and Business Vocational :smile: I'm really worried about doing both triple and French as I have heard they are both very demanding :s

Anyone else in the same situation? :smile:
Original post by SmiggleWiggle
I don't even think I'm that funny :wink:

Modest :biggrin:
Original post by ciararhimurph
HI GUYS!!!! Firstly I'm so glad I'm not the only 14 year old on here! My name is Ciara, and I turn 15 in Jan. I'm taking the core subjects (maths, English, r.e) and then I'm doing Triple Science, French, Product design and Business Vocational :smile: I'm really worried about doing both triple and French as I have heard they are both very demanding :s

Anyone else in the same situation? :smile:

Hi Ciara, I'm karmacrunch and welcome to :tsr:!

I guess we're all in the same boat but it's fine. We're all friendly and don't bite... well maybe a few do. :colone: (I'm joking :tongue:)

I'm sure you'll be fine with your subjects and hard work. Just ask if you need help as we have a large range of subjects being taken on this thread!

Welcome again! :h:

Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
The one where he talks about how good an offer some product is? This lady gets so happy because she saw Peter Andre and I think she phones her friend but he takes the phone and talks about the deal. All I remember is that it was 89p :erm:
Something like that...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cringed. What people do for money... :erm:
Original post by PaulHugh
Feel free to join us. Smiggle's just too funny, I really can't help it :redface:

Hehe :tongue:
Original post by Mr...
I will try to avoid it :yep:

So you're rejecting my hug :colonhash:

Spoiler

:teehee:

Maybe... Idk. :frown: I felt like David Tennant in the rain, remember?! :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
That sounds good :yes:, When is the deadline?
I have yet to have my first English lesson so I am so excited :ahee:

The deadline in June 2015 which gives us plenty of time to re-visit our drafts and improve them further. Ooh I love English - just because of the way language can be twisted to have multiple interpretations.

Since being back at school I have found out I will be taking 13 GCSE's and not 11. Im taking;

English language
English literature
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Core science GCSE
Addition science GCSE
Business
ICT
History
RE
Spanish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! My names kaitlan and I'm 15 in july. i'm taking Maths, Statistics, English lit, English lan, Biology, chemistry, Physics, Geography, Spanish, Applied Business, and Product Design. Bit worried about English as thats probably my weakest subject. I also really like netball and watching movies ! :danceboy:
Original post by KitKat9
Hi! My names kaitlan and I'm 15 in july. i'm taking Maths, Statistics, English lit, English lan, Biology, chemistry, Physics, Geography, Spanish, Applied Business, and Product Design. Bit worried about English as thats probably my weakest subject. I also really like netball and watching movies ! :danceboy:

Welcome. :h:
Original post by usycool1
Welcome. :h:

Thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by Mr...
I just saw the Peter Andre advert :puke:

Hi Kaitlan, I'm Mr... And welcome to :tsr:!!!

I can help you in English as I like to think that I'm really good so drop me a PM whenever you need anything. I am also taking Statistics so how are you finding it so far. I love it :ahee:

Hi Mr... thanks will do! And yeah i love it too! haha :u:
Original post by KitKat9

Hi Kaitlan, I'm karmacrunch and welcome to :tsr:! Sorry for the late reply. :colondollar:

Ciara is actually taking Product Design so hopefully you guys can be introduced! Ask if you need any help as we have wide range of subjects being taken on our thread!
I'm sure that English will get better as we go through the year! :biggrin:

Welcome again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2391
I'm loving the welcomes! :h:

Enjoy Friday! :yep:
Reply 2392
Original post by Mr...
Hope you enjoy it too :colone:...
Do you have anything special planned?

Spoiler

Driving lesson.
Hair cut.
Buy a new broom to sweep the kitchen floor.
Visit my Grandad in hospital.
Computing coursework.

I live such an exciting life.
Original post by Mr...
FINISHED MY HOMEWORK :nutcase:

I wrote about my first day before and here is how today went :biggrin:

[

Loolz awesome!:awesome:
just finished my summer holiday maths pack. I was supposed to do it over the holidays (hence the name) but I kind of just spent the rest doing nothing :u::u:
Then I got the same maths teacher who gave me the pack and he asked for it back by Friday. :colonhash:
now all we have to do is survive the rest of the year :banana::banana:
have you started getting textbooks yet?? Already got all 3 of mine for triple science :bricks:
Is anyone good at Maths?
Reply 2395
Original post by Mr...
Your life is exciting. :mmm:The hair cut sounds radical what with the scissors...

What's the coursework? :redface:

What happened to the old broom? :curious: and I hope your Grandad feels better :sadnod:

All these questions :colone: I'm so nosey!

Long and boring stuff which I haven't actually done the prep work for. I'm meant to have had an interview with my client for the system i'm doing. I don't even have a client so can't write out the interview. :indiff: I'm just gonna have to make it up and hope no one realises.

You don't want to know what happened to it. :colondollar:

Original post by Charleighunicorn
Is anyone good at Maths?

Maybe. :pierre:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mr...
:naughty: It's a good thing you got it finished now :yep:

I have gotten a Statistics and Geography one bye the textbooks for Triple Science have to be ordered so we have to give the school out money :yes:...
I bought some myself during the holiday so it is all good :biggrin:

I also just remembered that yesterday our Physics teacher told us that we were going on a Physics trip to Cambridge University :ahee:

hehe :teehee:
good that you brought some already. I didn't just in case the school gave some. Our science textbooks are new but the history textbooks used in class are so old, I'm surprised they're in colour
What?? I wanna go!! :sigh::unimpressed:
Original post by Charleighunicorn
Is anyone good at Maths?

I am good at Maths dya need help?
Reply 2398
Original post by Mr...

Wow, all that work :mmm: at least you have that exciting haircut to look forward too :lol:

I have a feeling that I do want to know :giggle:
:

I hate having my haircut. The woman always tried to talk to me but I have social anxeity so it just makes me go crazy. :frown: I just sit there going yep, yes, cool, oh really, yes, yep, no, yep. :emo:

Well you don't get to know. :tongue:
Reply 2399
Original post by Mr...

I'm sure I wanna know :perv:

Fine then.

Spoiler

Latest