The Student Room Group

Do you agree with Iran when they hang gay people

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by EllieC130
Yes but from people on a site based in a Western country, it's likely the general consensus will be no. Also, as long as you avoid backwards countries like Iran, your murder is hardly potential.

The point is that I was lucky to be born in a liberal Western country. Millions of people don't have that luxury. I could have been born in any of their shoes, as could anyone else. I'm not trying to get into an argument with you, I'm just saying that it's a serious issue, which I think you realise.
Original post by CJKay
How so? That is pretty much a word-for-word description of Osama bin Laden's cronies. Do you think when people say they are not beasts they mean it literally?

The cave men were not around in the Medieval period.
Original post by mrkl
Somehow I doubt it. Anyway we can't dictate to other countries how they live and vice versa . end of

lol what makes you say. How can you tell that I'm gay or not?
Also I'm not trying to 'dicate' I was just asking whether people agree with it or not.
Original post by SuperiorGenius

You're so patriotic that you're deluded. But there is also no evidence to suggest that its laws are NOT indicative of the popular will.

You know, aside from the fact that the country is run by a dictatorial regime which has never held a free and fair election in its history. Very indicative - just like North Korea :rolleyes:
Original post by Democracy
You know, aside from the fact that the country is run by a dictatorial regime which has never held a free and fair election in its history. Very indicative - just like North Korea :rolleyes:

Is it also the regimes fault that Iranian people are so narrow mined and intolerant that they don't accept other religions?
I agree with it,

because every country has a right to govern itself and represent itself however it wants, with whatever laws it wants, to represent the people and the way they feel.

Not every country should be a clone of Great Britain
I respect anyone's right to having their own opnion on the matter.
Original post by Skip_Snip
You don't have an opinion about people being killed for no good reason?

As long as it's not happening on the UK. It's not really my problem and I still maintain that I don't have an opinion on the topic.

I believe people should mind their own business.

I will remain reclined on the fence on this one.
Original post by Celise Waan
As long as it's not happening on the UK. It's not really my problem and I still maintain that I don't have an opinion on the topic.

Oh be quiet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Original post by Guy Secretan
lol what makes you say. How can you tell that I'm gay or not?

Ahhh that would be telling
Original post by democracyforum
I agree with it,

because every country has a right to govern itself and represent itself however it wants, with whatever laws it wants, to represent the people and the way they feel.

Not every country should be a clone of Great Britain

Nope. Democracy is clearly superior. You say representative. So what if people change their mind, how can the policies change if they can't vote for them?

The only other system I've seen that works is the Chinese one. Where people vote for their regional leaders only and those in turn vote for the higher offices. So the upper administration is closed off to the people. But at least it's somewhat working.

In contrast, Saudi Arabia and Iran are theocracies. We have no way of knowing whether the majority of people are for or against certain policies. The big protests of of the past have shown that a significant part wants nothing to do with the regime though.
Original post by RFowler
I'm a human being with an IQ above room temperature, of course I disagree with Iran executing people for being homosexual.

They don't execute people for being homosexuals, they offer them a sex change.
It's a horrid practice. In addition to making being gay illegal, there are other countries that have similarly disgusting things they do for being gay -- http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/crisis-in-south-africa-the-shocking-practice-of-corrective-rape--aimed-at-curing-lesbians-9033224.html
Reply 75
No.
Original post by Blazar
Phew. I thought it was sarcasm at first, but you can never be sure on TSR...

Doest thou needeth a new sarcasmotron?

On topic: I would think anyone that isn't backwards or dropped on the head would strongly disagree with murder for something like sexuality.
Reply 77
Original post by Iridann
On topic: I would think anyone that isn't backwards or dropped on the head would strongly disagree with murder for something like sexuality.

Looks like someone got dropped on the head.
Reply 78

*cishet voice* It's not ME who's being persecuted for something I can't help, so why should I care? It's not my problem because I HTAEE CARING ABOUT UTHER PEEPUL! Maybe the gays could just stOP BEING GAYS or something????? As long as they don't get murdered in front of me, it's like it NEVER HAPPENED!!!!1111!!!!11111!!!!!1111!!!!111!!!one
(edited 9 years ago)
Gay people are God's children. Although, they're an abomination according to scripture. A gay person can still go to heaven.

They're not all hellbound.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending