The Student Room Group

Should the UK take steps to ensure there is never an Islamic-majority UK population?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arichmond64
Yes you definitely aren't a maths graduate.

Read the rest of the thread and the OPs point before just spouting your nonsense.

by 2050!!!!

Where are these extra 35 million Muslims going to come from? That's not much smaller than the entire Muslim population of Europe...
Original post by thstudent
... I didn't call from removal of education. re-read what I've typed...
secondly, read the history of Arab countries. It has to do with politics (full of lies and contradiction) so my job is done here.

You seem to be having immense difficulty in putting forth a coherent argument.

Original post by arichmond64

Read the rest of the thread and the OPs point before just spouting your nonsense.

by 2050!!!!

Perhaps he is alluding to the stupidly speculative nature of you predicting a rapid increase of the population identifying as muslim from 4.4% today to a majority in 35 years. A lack of a single reputable source doesn't do much to help your case.

Perhaps you should read this, then, assuming you disagree with their conclusion, present your evidence?
Reply 82
Original post by Chlorophile
Where are these extra 35 million Muslims going to come from? That's not much smaller than the entire Muslim population of Europe...

From an extremely high birthrate and mass immigration and asylum seekers from Muslim countries, who will also then have more babies themselves.

Remember as stated above, the FPTP system means you don't even need a majority of votes to get a majority of seats in parliament and impose Shariah, if they concentrate their vote in certain areas (which they do) they can win a UK wide majority on as little as 35% as happened in 2005.
Reply 83
Original post by Law-Hopeful
You do not understand what you are talking about.

MPs are voted into parliament through general elections. General elections use FPTP so a simple majority in each constituency is sufficient. Therefore a party can gain a majority of MPs without having a majority of the national vote.

This is the scenario the person you are responding to is talking about - with 35% (his figure, not mine) of the population being muslim they could elect enough muslim MPs to have a majority of MPs in Parliament being muslim (and thus being able to form a government from these MPs). Therefore, in this scenario (not that I believe it has any chance of occurring), they would be able to pass/repeal any law as they wished.

Yh and I'm trying to say the same as you I don't believe in this occuring either
Original post by Qari
Yh and I'm trying to say the same as you I don't believe in this occuring either

Are you sure?

Aleon said:
They don't even need a majority, they only need 35%, maybe slightly more as there would be some muslims who wouldn't vote for it

To which you replied:
Laws are passed through parliament. As long as parliament doesn't agree to the law it can't be passed no matter what the country wants.

This is saying that parliament could stop such laws. But in the (completely hypothetical) case of a HoC with a majority of MPs being part of a hypothetical 'Muslim Party' they could form a government and parliament would thus pass any legislation with the consent of the majority of MPs. So saying that (in the scenario envisaged) parliament could prevent a 'Muslim Party' government passing any law it wished is simply false.
This has got to be the dumbest thing I have read today lol
Original post by Aleon
From an extremely high birthrate and mass immigration and asylum seekers from Muslim countries, who will also then have more babies themselves.

Remember as stated above, the FPTP system means you don't even need a majority of votes to get a majority of seats in parliament and impose Shariah, if they concentrate their vote in certain areas (which they do) they can win a UK wide majority on as little as 35% as happened in 2005.

In your position, I'd spend your time worrying and problems that genuinely exist like corporate irresponsibility and government corruption rather than imaginary scaremongering.
Reply 87
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Are you sure?

Aleon said:

To which you replied:

This is saying that parliament could stop such laws. But in the (completely hypothetical) case of a HoC with a majority of MPs being part of a hypothetical 'Muslim Party' they could form a government and parliament would thus pass any legislation with the consent of the majority of MPs. So saying that (in the scenario envisaged) parliament could prevent a 'Muslim Party' government passing any law it wished is simply false.

yh fair enough I should have elaborated that there would never be a majority muslim government
Original post by billydisco
An Islamic-majority UK population means a Islamic-majority will can be enforced on the whole country through a political party representing those who worship Islam (would probably be Labour actually).

Should the UK adopt policies to ensure the UK never has a Islamic-majority population?

ps Yes I did mean to duplicate the poll options!

The first response is that the UK has no option in a world where individual sovereignty no longer matters, and globalism does. That time is coming. Globalism is without bondary, it knows no race or ethnicity, and it requires a melting pot of cultures. There will never be an Islamic majority in this country, because the globalists do not desire it. If they wish to desire it then they will take steps to make it happen, but I do not think that they desire it. The globalists are secular in their outlook, they do not favour one over the other, and if an Islamic majority were to take place then it will be by accident or by the failures of the globalist plan.
More people are becoming atheist do dnt worry
Original post by Aleon
No he's not, there's nothing wrong with wanting a majority white country to remain majority white.

And who made you the moral authority on what principles and morals our country stands for, and don't parrot that boring old "tolerance, diversity submissiveness" that the left go on about so much.

majority white and majority muslim are not antonyms yunno. the two CAN go hand in hand.
Have any of the amazing racists on this thread ever met a white muslim?? This is ridiculous:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Somali Kamikaze
Bare in mind this also happened to Ethiopian JEWS, yet apparently Israel is supposed to be the homeland of all Jews. Says a lot about them. So go on and try it but you sir are a fool if you think we will take it lying down.

I was being sarcastic in that post. Though the amount of positive rep I got from people unable to comprehend sarcasm is very telling on how racist and anti-Muslim people are on here :rolleyes:
Reply 93
Britain has already taken steps to ensure that extremist views are not represented in Parliament .First Past the Post.
Under such a system it would be very unlikely that an Islamic party won a majority and of course to make significant changes to the law they would need a decent majority.This does however beg the question,should we ever allow PR or anything other than first past the post.One of the reasons I never vote is because it's clearly a daft thing to do under the current system but also I know that in practise no party is going to make much difference to my life and I think that's why so many don't bother voting.But if it ever became clear that there was a party that could make fundamental differences to the lives of the majority that would undoubtedly galvanise the majority into action.And that's why we need not worry.As long as Muslim fundamentalists keep carrying out breathtakingly awful atrocities ( and I think we can rely on their utter stupidity and evil to indeed carry on) then there is no chance that the decent majority will ever allow such people power in a country like Britain.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 94
Doesn't sound democratic, but I wouldn't want to live in a Muslim majority country anyway.
Original post by Aleon
How ignorant can you be? The Maths don't lie, they are well on course to be a majority in the UK one day, they already are a majority in a few towns/cities.

You can't just bury your head and say no this won't happen, when every indicator is saying that it will.

No it isn't. You can only derive this from extrapolating about ten times further than the numbers you're basing the extrapolation on.
Original post by Ace123
Action has to be taken and if necessary repatriate them to muslim countries

This is the term you're looking for here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_cleansing
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 97
If people want to be Muslims that's their choice. Implementing a policy to stop this will completely go against Britain's values of freedom of religion.
Btw, wonder what OP and co. think to the principle that being in the EU and having free movement of labour in Europe would actually contribute more to a high non-Muslim population proportion in the UK than anything they can think of here. /irony :rolleyes:
Strangely find myself agreeing with Peter Hitchens here (I often agreed with Christopher) so include what he said at length as it seems relevant although the irony in what he says at the end astounds me - he is a Christian:

"The use of the word 'Islamaphobia' - as if those of us who look at Islam and say we don't actually want this country to be an Islamic country and be governed by Islamic rules are in some how governed by an irrational fear. On the contrary we've looked at Islam, we don't like its precepts because we do not want to live in an Islamic society. That is a rational position. It is not a phobis and cannot be classified as some sort of mental illness. It is a perfectly reasonable position to take and people who want to take part in a civilised discussion should not classify the opinions of their opponents as 'phobias'. They should take them on with reason and fact and logic."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending