The Student Room Group

Young white boys are now so pathological they can't have the Scouts to themselves.

https://archive.is/jm8wd#selection-1903.122-1903.272 (archived post from The Guardian).

They're also enforcing self-loathing, shame and guilt from an ever earlier age these days, largely by referring to the race of these young boys in pejorative terms.

“The image of Scouts as being white, middle-class boys in khaki shorts is not encouraging young women to join,” Limb told the Observer.

The gender bending must prevail at all levels of society, as masculinity being expressed independent of femininity (the only acceptable behavioural standard) is clearly pathological.

For the first time in its 108-year history and 24 years since it first admitted girls to its ranks Britain’s Scouts have chosen a woman as leader.

Of course, when The BBC is haranguing a golf club for being male only, and the Guardian is haranguing a traditionally male-only club for being male only, no-one cares to mention anything about the hundreds of thousands of women only networking groups, gyms, taxi firms, political party conferences, business conferences, workplace awards, ministerial positions, safe spaces, constituency shortlists, jobs, oh, and the fricking girl guides! etc.

No, these are all 'empowering.'

This is the worst one.

“The position of young girls and women is such at the moment that unless young boys understand what it’s like to be a young woman then you won’t get them to change their behaviour.”

Are you ****ing kidding me?! She couldn't be any more prejudiced and they put this woman in charge of one of the biggest groups in society.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reminds me of this:
[video="youtube;XARMbTEGVDk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XARMbTEGVDk[/video]
(put subtitles on)
Original post by Starvation13
Reminds me of this:
[video="youtube;XARMbTEGVDk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XARMbTEGVDk[/video]
(put subtitles on)

I don't mind when they have a go at me. Well, I do, but I can handle myself. However, this is young boys. Children. All they most likely want to do is tumble in the mud, play rough, and be boys independently of being told they need to conform to some feminine standard of behaviour.

They certainly don't need their 'leader' referring to their ethnicity in pejorative terms. It's beyond sick.
(edited 8 years ago)
What is wrong with boys' behaviour, why does it need to be changed?
Isn't Scouts for boys and Guides for girls?
Original post by vis break

No, Guides is girls only.

There are hundreds of thousands of women only and girls only groups all over The UK. It's only the men only and boys only clubs which are targeted for behavioural modification and social engineering.

The fact this women used 'white' as a pejorative when referencing young boys though...that really makes my blood boil. She is advocating this type of rhetoric...it's malicious.
Original post by TheCitizenAct

There are hundreds of thousands of women only and girls only groups all over The UK. It's only the men only and boys only clubs which are targeted for behavioural modification and social engineering.

The fact this women used 'white' as a pejorative when referencing young boys though...that really makes my blood boil. She is advocating this type of rhetoric...it's malicious.

What a load of **** then. I ****ing hate this femminazi bs
Original post by vis break

Scouts is for everyone. You know because equality.
Original post by DiddyDec
What is wrong with boys' behaviour, why does it need to be changed?

Well, they are white and middle-class.

Isn't that enough? When you invoke it as a pejorative often enough - alongside 'white privilege' - you'll have the entire population loathing itself soon enough.

What frustrates me is that people think feminism is a movement; it's more than that. It's an insidious, destructive, toxic set of 'principles' which is invading every single institution in The UK, from the charity sector to our public broadcaster, from the MSM to the higher education sector. And they all profit from this incessant desire to pit men off against women - think research funding, grants, funds or jobs for the girls.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheCitizenAct

Another thing that proves that a certain people perceive 'all-male' anything to be inherently sinister. :banghead:

Original post by Starvation13
Reminds me of this:
(put subtitles on)

Lol very good. :biggrin:
Actually Scouts chose to accept girls because their membership was dropping dramatically. They were not forced. The Scouts like to claim that girls prefer Scouting to Guiding but there are approximately the same number of youth members in both organisations.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Actually Scouts chose to accept girls because their membership was dropping dramatically. They were not forced. The Scouts like to claim that girls prefer Scouting to Guiding but there are approximately the same number of youth members in both organisations.

I think you missed the point of the thread. Does this not sound strange to you?

The position of young girls and women is such at the moment that unless young boys understand what it’s like to be a young woman then you won’t get them to change their behaviour
Reply 12
I do think that this is partly the fault of white men as well. The idea of masculinity is perceived as being negative, and a lot of people cannot distinguish between being a 'man' and being, say, a misogynist. Unfortunately, these men also have this impact on their sons. White men should have no guilt.
I never joined because I am not pledging allegiance to a Christian God and because I will not pledge allegiance to the Queen

(Was actually that obsessed even as a child)

The level of downright messed up weirdness modern society waves through makes me want to vomit.
Original post by WokSz
I do think that this is partly the fault of white men as well. The idea of masculinity is perceived as being negative, and a lot of people cannot distinguish between being a 'man' and being, say, a misogynist. Unfortunately, these men also have this impact on their sons. White men should have no guilt.

Imagine going into Compton or in this country, say Moss Side and trying to pull this stuff on the guys there.

I saw this thing in America, where male primary school students were told to dress up as women for the day and have a catwalk, it was so ****ing lulzy watching the interview with one of the boy's fathers who was this camp, chubby guy saying how proud he was of his son (in a dress with a handbag) being so committed to ending sexism.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by BestBehaviour
I saw this thing in America, where male primary school students were told to dress up as women for the day and have a catwalk, it was so ****ing lulzy watching the interview with one of the boy's fathers who was this camp, chubby guy saying how proud he was of his son (in a dress with a handbag) being so committed to ending sexism.

Ending sexism does not mean blurring the lines between gender and this is my problem with a lot of the feminist discourse being portrayed in the media. It should not be OK for a man to feel his gender is a 'burden'. This just reaks of the exact same idea that many women are fighting against in their own gender perceptions.
Original post by WokSz
Ending sexism does not mean blurring the lines between gender and this is my problem with a lot of the feminist discourse being portrayed in the media. It should not be OK for a man to feel his gender is a 'burden'. This just reaks of the exact same idea that many women are fighting against in their own gender perceptions.

I identify as a feminist and I oppose hatred towards women, but there is just so much weirdness within the movement, I don't even understand what the end goal of half these people is.
Reply 17
Original post by BestBehaviour
I identify as a feminist and I oppose hatred towards women, but there is just so much weirdness within the movement, I don't even understand what the end goal of half these people is.

Well put.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending