The Student Room Group

Welcome to the real world

Scroll to see replies

yeah i get what you mean i actually do as well, i'm not just saying that. :smile:
i'm gonna go to bed now but it has been an interesting conversation and i can see where you are both coming from :smile:
Original post by CoolCavy
yeah i get what you mean i actually do as well, i'm not just saying that. :smile:
i'm gonna go to bed now but it has been an interesting conversation and i can see where you are both coming from :smile:

Okay. You are nearly legally an adult and being an adult means responsibility but its not really our place to tell you these things.

Good night sleep tight
And that, sir, is why a degree in Engineering is actually useful.
[QUOTE=Alexion;60518631]And that, sir, is why a degree in Engineering is actually useful.

Why? There is a lot of competition for engineering jobs.
Original post by Alexion
And that, sir, is why a degree in Engineering is actually useful.

Huge b**** fight between engineers, physicists and mathematicians to go down in T Minus 2 minutes
Original post by hoping4Astars
Why? There is a lot of competition for engineering jobs.

Well, go into the Electronics sector and there's more jobs than grads :wink:

:rofl:
[QUOTE=Alexion;60518697]Well, go into the Electronics sector and there's more jobs than grads :wink:

:rofl:
Yeah but a lot of the jobs in the electronics centre, particularly the local companies, pay quite poorly and you'd only earn a bit more than someone with an apprenticeship in electronic engineering. There is a reason why graduates tend to go for more competitive jobs. But I agree, an engineering degree is very useful as there are so many opportunities for engineering grads.
Original post by hoping4Astars
Yeah but a lot of the jobs in the electronics centre, particularly the local companies, pay quite poorly and you'd only earn a bit more than someone with an apprenticeship in electronic engineering. There is a reason why graduates tend to go for more competitive jobs. But I agree, an engineering degree is very useful as there are so many opportunities for engineering grads.

Jobs I'm looking at have a starting salary of £29k+...
Reply 48
Original post by Ya Dunno
You keep telling yourself that, but one day you will be an adult, no longer this innocent teenage girl doing Art and Design, and the world will come knocking at your door, and all of a sudden you will have to grow out of guinea pigs and start facing the trials and tribulations that is life!!

HAHA thanks for the kek mate, needed it after doing Step all day :lol:
the username to post correlation is beyond amazing :laugh:
Reply 50
my fav

Original post by Anonynmous
the username to post correlation is beyond amazing :laugh:

No, I just don't sugercoat stuff like others try to do
OP its unfortunate that youve had a bad experience but based on your experience I dont think you can sort of generalise the real world as a whole. Maybe if a tonne of people feel like you it may be a valid assumption to make I guess, but even then it would have to be a good representation of the world itself.
Original post by ubisoft
my fav

THIS. Engineering isn't even on here :rofl: :rofl:
Rudeboi engineers get pussy doe

99% of mathmos i know are virgins

What even could be engineering be classified as? Applied maths? That would make it on par with Physics so therefore mathematics is the superior one
Reply 55
Rudeboi engineers get pussy doe

99% of mathmos i know are virgins

:lol: I'll give you that, we're all socially awkward.

Btw you at Camb?
Original post by ubisoft
:lol: I'll give you that, we're all socially awkward.

Btw you at Camb?

no lol

They're too socially awkward but some are real Gs.
Welcome the the real world where people on Internet forums aren't going to take a multi paragraph thread seriously.
Reply 58
no lol

They're too socially awkward but some are real Gs.

Was wondering how someone with so much keks could get into Camb :lol:
Original post by ubisoft
Was wondering how someone with so much keks could get into Camb :lol:

looool for real cuz, but i know bare top gunna at camb doing maths. they legit the real topkek.

I did hear how Ox is so retarded. some students doin E&M are strugglin with chain rule :rofl:

Man is like dumbfounded how such guys get let in XDD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending