The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you agree with Same-sex marriage?

Scroll to see replies

No, of course not.
I agree with gay people having the right to a marriage but only on the grounds that Churches and so on have the right to refuse to hold a wedding.
Love is love, no matter how you look at it. If God was against homosexuals, why did he make them?
I support same-sex marriage.

The fact that sexual orientation is even considered when it comes to an individuals rights is a travesty.
Agreeing or disagreeing implies I have a horse in the race?

It's none of my business really.

I am however supportive of people doing whatever makes them happy in the context of a consenting and harmless relationship.
I don't really get people who have issues with stuff like this. Like, it's not really their business?
Original post by lawhopefu1
Anyone else getting a really gay vibe from Heteronormative?

Never seen such an embarrassing case of a closet homosexual who, riddled with self-loathe and insecurity, is being driven to homophobia to convince themselves that they're not 'one of them'.

It's okay mate, we're here for you.

(Either that or your parents are genuinely terrible people for indoctrinating you with such spiteful and close-minded viewpoints towards other people - regardless, I feel sorry for you. We're all a big family here on TSR and happy to help you with your troubles).

Original post by Quantex
x

Original post by BaconandSauce
x

I've been saying this a long time. :smile:

He really needs to find that there's nothing wrong with having these attractions, and he needs to get some closure on this issue.

P.S. I've guessed all of his old accounts (well every new one when he makes them) and have interacted with every one of them.
Original post by XcitingStuart

P.S. I've guessed all of his old accounts (well every new one when he makes them) and have interacted with every one of them.

Makes sense now
Makes sense now

He's like my arch nemesis on TSR (and he thinks I'm obsessed with him.)
He's like my arch nemesis on TSR (and he thinks I'm obsessed with him.)

AH so he has a boy crush on you

Usually the way I'm afraid
I think that, for most Christians, it is explicitly said in the Bible, in Leviticus 18:22:

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination"

Therefore I think Christians feel that they cannot go against it, so have to follow it. It is not necessarily originally their own personal view, but they believe in a God who knows everything - what right have we to argue against Him? He has shown us many times how wrong we have been in the past.

The Bible also teaches us to not rape, or cheat, or abuse others, or have sex, or at least unprotected sex, before marriage.

Also, just by saying we do not support homosexual marriage, it does not mean we hate gay people in any way. We can have our opinion , and you can have yours.
AH so he has a boy crush on you

Usually the way I'm afraid

Yep.

We really need a relationships counsellor; we've wrote entire exposes and articles to each other and I'm beginning to think it is unexpressed love... just broken waiting to be fixed. :giggle: :giggle:

(We have wrote enough to and about each other for it to be a drama and a classic love story.)
Original post by FollowingJC24/7
I think that, for most Christians, it is explicitly said in the Bible, in Leviticus 18:22:

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination"

Therefore I think Christians feel that they cannot go against it, so have to follow it. It is not necessarily originally their own personal view, but they believe in a God who knows everything - what right have we to argue against Him? He has shown us many times how wrong we have been in the past.

The Bible also teaches us to not rape, or cheat, or abuse others, or have sex, or at least unprotected sex, before marriage.

Also, just by saying we do not support homosexual marriage, it does not mean we hate gay people in any way. We can have our opinion , and you can have yours.

Don't act as if these opinions aren't acted upon though.

i.e. you discriminate.
(edited 8 years ago)
not a chance.
Original post by Amankhanhussain
not a chance.

Because... ?

Honestly, it doesn't speak well for your debating skill / credibility.

Make your point
Then give your explanation
Then perhaps give evidence, as a bonus
Don't act as if these opinions aren't acted upon though.

i.e. you discriminate.

I have lots of gay friends. I'm not in a position to judge them. I don't support their nature, but it's not up to me to judge them. Lots of them are Christians too, and I love all of them.
Also I don't support anti-gay riots.
Because... ?

Honestly, it doesn't speak well for your debating skill / credibility.

Make your point
Then give your explanation
Then perhaps give evidence, as a bonus

he asked do you agree with same gender marriage . my answer is NO. why on earth i give explanation . and evidence for what?
Original post by FollowingJC24/7
I have lots of gay friends. I'm not in a position to judge them. I don't support their nature, but it's not up to me to judge them. Lots of them are Christians too, and I love all of them.
Also I don't support anti-gay riots.

The very act of not voting in favour of e.g. same-sex marriage helps prevent them from being allowed to get married, hence prevents them from just getting on with their lives.

Very few people realise this.

Though abstaining as opposed to voting against can be an admirable position.

That's why I say you discriminate (or help discriminate to be semantic.)(Or contribute to the discrimination.)

I know no one who truly adopts the "live and let live" principle for reasons like these.
Because if you agreed with "live and let live", you'd vote in favour of allowance even if you personally disagree with it.
And this can be applied to so many situations outside of those about homosexuality.

But thanks for not supporting things like riots against them, and the unconditional love you say you hold, I suppose.
No

Gay marriage is an abomination against God. It's not the natural order of things. We never had this "gay problem" until the 50's. It's a liberal western plot, to try and make people think they're gay. Not even animals are like this. It is wrong and should never be allowed.

We should take all gay people and take them to the highest tower in the land, from where they can be pushed off.

Spoiler

Original post by Amankhanhussain
he asked do you agree with same gender marriage . my answer is NO. why on earth i give explanation . and evidence for what?

I know.

You give an explanation so your views can be criticised, and you can culture and develop your views.
Oh I feel for humanity, so few people actually want to develop their characters and intellectual capacity.

The point, evidence, and explain was just saying a general 3 things you should hope to achieve when making a post, like in a debate.
Reply 599
well as a muslim, id say no, as the quaran teaches us that you get stoned to death for doing so. There is no but allah, mohammed is his messenger

Latest

Trending

Trending