The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you agree with Same-sex marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nabdurrani
LOOl I gave you the proof you fag gott..

Public Health England (PHE) recorded 6364 new HIV diagnoses in 2012. Of these new cases, almost two thirds were found to be in MSM within the UK. PHE’s figures have repeatedly confirmed that this group of patients remains the most at risk of HIV. :colone::h::tongue:

Ah, 'faggot'. The ultimate homophobic insult. Thank you for telling me I'm gay, I some how already knew this. Way before you infact.

Most at risk and the group with the highest rate of, are not the same thing. Consider getting a lobotomy.

Just going to leave this here: http://www.tht.org.uk/sexual-health/About-HIV/How-common-is-HIV_qm_
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nabdurrani
I pity you gay faggggg gotsss that you cant even give blood to your own family (if you have one) hahahaha

Just stop it with your pathetic statments. Your nothing but dirt compared to us. Get a life and go find yourself a family that accepts you as a disgrace...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Two people love each other want to get married.
They want it.
They are happy.
It's their life.
Then who am I to agree or disagree??
Original post by sleepysnooze
let me guess: your (likely) islamic religion is why you're saying this - oh how surprising - the religion your parents indoctrinated you into believing is now why you're disliking random people

He is a Muslim actually - however, it's not the religion that makes a person. A sh*tty person will be sh*tty with or without his/her religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NathanAllen
Cool i want in... the only drawback is you can not push me off the tower!!!

How about a cliffe? We have to compromise yknow
Anyone who doesn't agree with same sex marriage is a lunatic that should be locked up. Who knows what else they're capable of.
Original post by Sephiroth
Anyone who doesn't agree with same sex marriage is a lunatic that should be locked up. Who knows what else they're capable of.

Glad you aren't PM then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Stefan*
He is a Muslim actually - however, it's not the religion that makes a person. A sh*tty person will be sh*tty with or without his/her religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I disagree - a ****ty religion will often lead to a ****ty person, and to not be ****ty is to defy that ****ty religion

typical far-left wing attitude to things, then. sad. because I know *some* left wingers will disagree with this berserk way of looking at issues.
I completely support gay marriage for the same reason I completely support people having freedom of thought/speech - liberty, and equality. liberty to marry and talk. equality of rights regarding those things for all. your attitude is not only against liberty for those you don't tolerate, but against equality if you're legally making a distinction between the people you will protect and those you won't
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sleepysnooze
typical far-left wing attitude to things, then. sad. because I know *some* left wingers will disagree with this berserk way of looking at issues.
I completely support gay marriage for the same reason I completely support people having freedom of thought/speech - liberty, and equality. liberty to marry and talk. equality of rights regarding those things for all. your attitude is not only against liberty for those you don't tolerate, but against equality if you're legally making a distinction between the people you will protect and those you won't

If someone has extreme views against human rights then there's simply something not right with them.
If someone has extreme views against human rights then there's simply something not right with them.

yes but they're not harming others, so why is jail a result of their lack of harm? words don't harm people. their expression of language and ideas doesn't infringe the human rights of other people. so why should they be jailed for not infringing the freedoms of others? if it can be construed that "not having to listen to other people's ideas in a public place" = a freedom being violated, then there is no such thing as an ideal of freedom of speech when there is, actually , a right to *not* have freedom of speech. if people are too weak and feeble to have free speech because they're too pathetic to realise that other people have different ideas, then why bother giving these fools a democracy when they're too stupid to use it in a way that is 1) tolerant of the results that disagree with them, and 2) effective and intelligent in such outcomes?
Original post by The_Internet
How about a cliffe? We have to compromise yknow

Ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matthew_Lowson
Just to flip the question - what are people's stances on the right of hetrosexual couples to get civil partnerships?

totally agree with you on this civil patnership questions ,it should not be allowed and i am totally against it but we first need to stop the ill which is trying to spread and then comeback to older ills and try to solve it
and as far gay marriage its unnatural and illogical idea
for example if its natural they should have vagina in place of dick to take one or vice versa
they can`t have children thats what the basic reason of marriage is (reproduction) and as far adopting children are concerned first of all they are not there own and secondly when they will see so much contrast in their parents gender and other children parents ,like others parents are a male and a female most probably they won`t be able to accept it and might become mental patients
Original post by chantalc
why?

if you talk about two people being happy than their should be nothing wrong with incest as long both are happy
and nothing wrong with pedophilic people as long as both are happy
and bestility
just saying !
Original post by cammy10
if you talk about two people being happy than their should be nothing wrong with incest as long both are happy
and nothing wrong with pedophilic people as long as both are happy
and bestility
just saying !

As messed up as it is, if incest is between two consenting adults, who are we to complain?
Underage children are not competent enough to consent to sex, so the adult is taking advantage of the child
Animals are not capable of giving consent either, so adults are also taking advantage of said animal.
Original post by cammy10
and as far gay marriage its unnatural and illogical idea
for example if its natural they should have vagina in place of dick to take one or vice versa

Objective evidence for this assertion?

they can`t have children thats what the basic reason of marriage is (reproduction)

No it's not. Why can infertile straight couples marry if that is the case?

and as far adopting children are concerned first of all they are not there own and secondly when they will see so much contrast in their parents gender and other children parents ,like others parents are a male and a female most probably they won`t be able to accept it and might become mental patients

Where is your objective evidence to support this ignorance?
Calm down girl
Ok I will start with giving evidence of my last statement
Last statement stats evidences

Custody Appeals Study: Cameron and Cameron5 and Cameron and Harris6 did the most unique studies of homosexual parenting to date: an analysis of child custody appeals cases. These were based on intensive examination of the real life of the parents and their children that is, not based on answers to questionnaires as with Regnerus, but subject to cross-examination in court. The latter study examined 78 custody appeals decisions involving 79 homosexual parents and 142 children. The 142 children were exposed to a thousand child-years of homosexual parenting and found:

parents recorded as lying or engaging in criminality or homosexuality were more apt to be recorded as harming children;
homosexual parents as compared to heterosexual parents were more frequently recorded as lying and/or engaging in criminality;
in 54 (70%) cases the homosexual parent and/or his associates was recorded as having exposed the children to harm(s) (e.g., neglect, seduction, emotional distress, hypersexualization), as opposed to the heterosexual parent in 4 (5%) cases; and
homosexuals were responsible for 111 (97%) of the 115 harms to children in the appeals court record. In 78 heterosexual vs. heterosexual comparison cases, the 141 children were exposed to 12 harms, harms that occurred in 11 (14%) cases.

Link : http://www.familyresearchinst.org/2012/08/how-do-the-kids-of-homosexual-parents-turn-out-the-best-evidence/

Now statements of kid who lived with homo parents . They all spoke against gay marriage because of their devastating experience.
Link : http://cnsnews.com/news/article/lauretta-brown/adults-raised-gay-couples-speak-out-against-gay-marriage-federal-court
Link 2 : https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/not-all-children-raised-by-gay-parents-support-gay-marriage-i-should-know-i

Now know to your infertility statement
Most of the infertile may not now that they cannot have children before they get married and even if they know 60% of them get fertile after 6th months without any medical assistance not to mention that they only 3 to 5 % of total heterosexual partners as compared to 100% in gay partners . (Please don't come with lesbian taking sperm from a donour its of a male not her lesbian partner .)

Evidence: "After six months of trying, 60% of couples will conceive without medical assistance.
(Infertility As A Covered Benefit, William M. Mercer, 1997)

And even if they can't they can provide an adopted children with a male father and a mother which have to look to as a role model which gay parents could not provide as stated by homo child's themselves .
Original post by cammy10
Calm down girl

Custody Appeals Study: Cameron and Cameron5 and Cameron and Harris6 did the most unique studies of homosexual parenting to date: an analysis of child custody appeals cases. These were based on intensive examination of the real life of the parents and their children that is, not based on answers to questionnaires as with Regnerus, but subject to cross-examination in court. The latter study examined 78 custody appeals decisions involving 79 homosexual parents and 142 children. The 142 children were exposed to a thousand child-years of homosexual parenting and found:

parents recorded as lying or engaging in criminality or homosexuality were more apt to be recorded as harming children;
homosexual parents as compared to heterosexual parents were more frequently recorded as lying and/or engaging in criminality;
in 54 (70%) cases the homosexual parent and/or his associates was recorded as having exposed the children to harm(s) (e.g., neglect, seduction, emotional distress, hypersexualization), as opposed to the heterosexual parent in 4 (5%) cases; and
homosexuals were responsible for 111 (97%) of the 115 harms to children in the appeals court record. In 78 heterosexual vs. heterosexual comparison cases, the 141 children were exposed to 12 harms, harms that occurred in 11 (14%) cases.

Link : http://www.familyresearchinst.org/2012/08/how-do-the-kids-of-homosexual-parents-turn-out-the-best-evidence/

Now statements of kid who lived with homo parents . They all spoke against gay marriage because of their devastating experience.
Link : http://cnsnews.com/news/article/lauretta-brown/adults-raised-gay-couples-speak-out-against-gay-marriage-federal-court
Link 2 : https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/not-all-children-raised-by-gay-parents-support-gay-marriage-i-should-know-i

Most of the infertile may not now that they cannot have children before they get married and even if they know 60% of them get fertile after 6th months without any medical assistance not to mention that they only 3 to 5 % of total heterosexual partners as compared to 100% in gay partners . (Please don't come with lesbian taking sperm from a donour its of a male not her lesbian partner .)

Evidence: "After six months of trying, 60% of couples will conceive without medical assistance.

And even if they can't they can provide an adopted children with a male father and a mother which have to look to as a role model which gay parents could not provide as stated by homo child's themselves .

Biased, empty sources. This is what happens when one chooses sources to suit their own opinion.

Here are some stating the opposite (not saying they're not biased - it's simply to show how easy it is to rebut yours):

http://journalistsresource.org/studies/society/gender-society/same-sex-marriage-children-well-being-research-roundup (multi-research).
http://www.goldencradle.org/how-do-children-same-sex-adoption-fare
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/07/07/children-of-same-sex-couples-are-happier-and-healthier-than-peers-research-shows/
https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2015/11/08/children-same-sex-parents-fare-well-others-studies-say/2m73ORPfYBCrgTMgv5AZQK/story.html

Bla bla bla... When one of your researchers calls homosexuality a "deviation" and "not normal" and whatnot, it's evident how biased it is.

Case dismissed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Stefan*
Biased, empty sources. This is what happens when one chooses sources to suit their own opinion.

Here are some stating the opposite (not saying they're not biased - it's simply to show how easy it is to rebut yours):

Whatever you say gay marriage is never going to be natural and its going to be odd till moralitysocie
http://www.goldencradle.org/how-do-children-same-sex-adoption-fare
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/07/07/children-of-same-sex-couples-are-happier-and-healthier-than-peers-research-shows/
https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2015/11/08/children-same-sex-parents-fare-well-others-studies-say/2m73ORPfYBCrgTMgv5AZQK/story.html

Bla bla bla... When one of your researchers calls homosexuality a "deviation" and "not normal" and whatnot, it's evident how biased it is.

Case dismissed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whatever you say gay marriage is never going to be natural and its going to be odd till morality and logical (not emotional) people remains
Case dismissed
Have a nice time
Original post by cammy10
Calm down girl

Original post by cammy10
Whatever you say gay marriage is never going to be natural and its going to be odd till morality and logical (not emotional) people remainsCase dismissedHave a nice time

It's the cherry picking of dodgy studies and trotting out the tired not natural argument which is why those opposed to gay marriage have thoroughly lost the debate in the more progressive societies. Of course, they may debate it on the internet, but out there in the real world, society has moved on.

Latest

Trending

Trending