The Student Room Group

What is one thing that should be eradicated from this world?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Indeterminate
Oppression, conflict, discrimination, poverty and so on.

Can't name just one because there are a lot of things that I feel strongly about, including ethereal world because she's the best but she can stay she's going nowhere :redface:

Edited for ya.

Broken life he's mine!
Diseases
Original post by greatguy101
Fine I'll stop. :smile:

Dont want to be public enemy number 1 on here.

Haha, well you can always make a new account lololol
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
But then we'd really be in trouble.

Not at all, we just need to build robots that can look after us when we're all old etc. and we'll all be fine.

You talk as though I haven't thought all of this out.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheMcSame
Radicals in general... Radical feminists being at the front of the queue. They do more harm than good to their cause.

I think you'd have just removed yourself from the world, because wanting radicals to be eradicated is sort of a radical stance to take in and of itself.

In any case things in the world need to be changed radically, so we need radicals.

An etymological side-note - "radical" and "eradicate" share the same Latin root, and the Latin root means "root". It's also shared by "radish".
Original post by limetang
Not at all, we just need to build robots that can look after us when we're all old etc. and we'll all be fine.

You talk as though I haven't thought all of this out.

Yeah, but then we'd all die out, and then only the robots would be left. If we want the human race to continue, we need to have kids. I don't think you've thought all of this out.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Yeah, but then we'd all die out, and then only the robots would be left. If we want the human race to continue, we need to have kids. I don't think you've thought all of this out.

Why is that a problem? It doesn't affect me one bit whether humanity lives on after my death.
Original post by Ethereal World
Sorry if this offends but

religion

Spoiler

Gonna be controversial and defend religion here, in the first world I agree religion needs to go straight into the bin. But in the third world religion is what keeps people in line. Sure it causes misery, but it holds order within developing societies where other social structures don't and that order is essential for societies to advance to a state where they're stable enough to act civil off their own accord.

Take Europe for example, I seriously doubt it would be as great a continent as it is today without Christianity in it's past. Every great society I can think of at one point has had religion at its core.
Edited for ya.

Broken life he's mine!

:laugh:

But you are awesome! :hugs:
Edited for ya.

Broken life he's mine!

Lol

Seems like I shouldn't have admitted it then.:colonhash:

We can say he's yours or he's mine but its of no importance. The real question is who he thinks is his.:colondollar:

Omg need to stop. This is getting too much.:colondollar:
Original post by hezzlington
Agnostic?

What about it?
Original post by Zargabaath
Gonna be controversial and defend religion here, in the first world I agree religion needs to go straight into the bin. But in the third world religion is what keeps people in line. Sure it causes misery, but it holds order within developing societies where other social structures don't and that order is essential for societies to advance to a state where they're stable enough to act civil off their own accord.

Take Europe for example, I seriously doubt it would be as great a continent as it is today without Christianity in it's past. Every great society I can think of at one point has had religion at its core.

Hmmmm but this is one of the problems with all economic and development theories- it's based on the west's so called perfect template of what everyone should aspire to.

Like a lot of the developing world wouldn't need religion to stay in order if the west didn't f*ck them all in the first place and now be continuing it in a worse and more pervasive fashion through neo-colonialism and the 'system' and dynamic that capitalism promotes.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BrokenLife
Lol

Seems like I shouldn't have admitted it then.:colonhash:

We can say he's yours or he's mine but its of no importance. The real question is who he thinks is his.:colondollar:
B
Omg need to stop. This is getting too much.:colondollar:

ANOTHER AVATAR. you're as bad as alexion :rofl:
Original post by Zargabaath

Define great? What's 'great' about Europe? Religion used to keep people in line? Absolutely not, that's exactly why it needs to go.
ANOTHER AVATAR. you're as bad as alexion :rofl:

Lol what?

Oh my avatar? Lol guys, no new news.I'm always changing it haha :biggrin:
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
How about ignorance?

Yeah, actually. We could get rid of ignorance and ignorant folk like yourself would stop beleiving your fantasy about moderate muslims. Would clear up a few other issues, too.
Drugs and religion.
Hmmmm but this is one of the problems with all economic and development theories- it's best on the west's so called perfect template of what everyone should aspire to.

Like a lot of the developing world wouldn't need religion to stay in order if the west didn't f*ck them all in the first place and now be continuing it in a worse and more pervasive fashion through neo-colonialism and the 'system' and dynamic that capitalism promotes.

Not just the current capitalistic western civilisation, look at Ancient India. That was thriving with Hinduism at it's core. Look at Ancient China. Look at Ancient Japan. These societies were doing great even before they had contact with the Western World.

Yes, western influence ****ing developing nations up, namely the ones in Africa and the Middle East, but even if the West completely cut ties with those nations right now, I doubt without something to lay down the rules they'd ever advance as a society.
Reply 118
Original post by Indeterminate
Oppression, conflict, discrimination, poverty and so on.

Can't name just one because there are a lot of things that I feel strongly about :redface:

Damn Indeterminate! You are such a nice guy it actually hurts to read your nice posts!
Original post by greatguy101
Is what you do when you look in the mirror. :colondollar:

See, if there was an anon function I would say "are you homo, she's gorgeous", but there isn't, so I can't

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending