The Student Room Group

Guess what? I wear fur! AND I LOVE IT!

Scroll to see replies

What about fake fur? This industry only exists because of the people that buy real fur. We can make this world a slightly better place if we make simple, easy decisions like buying fake fur or leather instead of the real thing. It doesn't really affect you, and that's one less animal who has to suffer.
Original post by alisiabevan
What about fake fur? This industry only exists because of the people that buy real fur. We can make this world a slightly better place if we make simple, easy decisions like buying fake fur or leather instead of the real thing. It doesn't really affect you, and that's one less animal who has to suffer.

Fake fur is inferior as it does not have the insulation properties as real fur. It also freezes in low temperatures, real does not. That will affect you greatly in -20C. That is why I wear coyote.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Aye, just like body paint:teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile
OP - if you're going to troll, make sure you use a display name that doesn't make it so bloody obvious.
Original post by nverjvlev

If fur is a byproduct of meat or the animal has died anyway, it only makes sense to sell the fur aswell. Most non-vegetarians are okay with wearing leather. But killing an animal just to make a coat and doing so in a cruel way... just no.

What's the difference between killing animals for fur and for food? It's all just for selfish indulgence and luxury.
Original post by nverjvlev
^^ this

If fur is a byproduct of meat or the animal has died anyway, it only makes sense to sell the fur aswell. Most non-vegetarians are okay with wearing leather. But killing an animal just to make a coat and doing so in a cruel way... just no.

Why is it more okay to kill an animal for food than to kill it for clothing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
At the end of the day it's this. If an animal is killed in an ethical way and you are using the meat anyway, what's the point in throwing a lovely bit of fur away? What I can't stand is animals being tortured and abused, there is no need for that.
We as humans naturally have a craving for meat, to me not having meat is like living with 40% oxygen
Oh you hate us do you? For being against torturous cruelty like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmgPAGS0QAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLcgxIGTFRs
Good for you. I'm always right behind freedom of choice.
Original post by alisiabevan

We kill animals for food, so why can we not kill animals for real fur?
Original post by vaginalwarts69
So...with the cold weather we have been having I decided to wear my fox scarf today. I felt warm and toasty and was worth the money I paid for it.
But as I was out and about more and more people were giving me dirty looks. Some crazy person shouted I was a heartless bitch.
Honestly I am totally against anti-fur protesters. Every time I see one, I just want to buy another fur article. They just piss me off so much. Do they not know that no matter how many "shocking" images they show, they can't change someone's opinion.
Unfortunately I can only buy fur when I go to Finland, Russia and Poland however I am happy to know that some countries still practice fur farming.

Spoiler

i'll admit to owning fur and leather articles including a racoon coat, rabbit and sheepskin gloves and buffalo skin jacket but they are killed not primarily for fur alone as meat supply and pest control are issues within my chosen purchases some people say it's wrong but then i say and your clothes come from a sweatshop using child labour and that shuts them up every time
Original post by jamesthehustler
i'll admit to owning fur and leather articles including a racoon coat, rabbit and sheepskin gloves and buffalo skin jacket but they are killed not primarily for fur alone as meat supply and pest control are issues within my chosen purchases some people say it's wrong but then i say and your clothes come from a sweatshop using child labour and that shuts them up every time

Hear, hear.

Plus, they say that, and yet they probably wear leather and slather make-up on their face that's been tested on animals.
Just for the record, I'm against the fur trade (i.e. on a capitalist scale), because I believe in animal welfare and conservation when it comes to endangered species. But I do feel that animal fur should be made readily available to people on an ethical level.
Original post by Blondie987
Murderer!!!

Please don't make posts like this; you come across as ignorant. If you think she's a murderer because she wears fur (highly illogical comment to make, but there we go), then please argue the case for it, instead of throwing around accusations without proof.
Original post by Greenlaner
Pest control of animals like rabbits, fox, mink, deer etc is often a neccessity, and I see no reason why their pelts shouldn't be used for clothing, or why any edible parts shouldn't be eaten etc. Never let anything go to waste. I don't have a problem with fur from sources like that.

Those however who purchase fur products from anywhere such as China, where they literally skin animals alive, can happily throw themselves under a bus.

This is exactly how I feel about killing animals; don't kill them for the sake of it, but kill them for a specific purpose.

And also, I'd rather go out and hunt a rabbit, bring it back home, and celebrate its life by cooking and eating it in a delicious meal, than just let it die naturally and not use it at all. It just seems counter-productive, in my view.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
What's the difference between killing animals for fur and for food? It's all just for selfish indulgence and luxury.

*cough* Eskimos *cough*
Original post by lustawny
Please don't make posts like this; you come across as ignorant. If you think she's a murderer because she wears fur (highly illogical comment to make, but there we go), then please argue the case for it, instead of throwing around accusations without proof.

It was just a joke lol, have you seen op's username? They're a troll, although I definitely don't agree with wearing fur :redface:
Original post by Blondie987
It was just a joke lol, have you seen op's username? They're a troll, although I definitely don't agree with wearing fur :redface:

Troll or not, you should still back up any accusation through reasoned discussion, by using evidence.

But actually, I haven't seen them post anything that's particularly disagreeable. All they've done is state that they wear fur, which is hardly murder.
Original post by lustawny
*cough* Eskimos *cough*

What about them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending