The Student Room Group

Do we need a British Islam? (BBC Big Questions)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EccentricDiamond
The law would dfine them as civically British. I am not talking about civic nationallity

What are you talking about then?
Original post by frankieboy
What are you talking about then?

Are you actually that thick?
Reply 22
Lol at the stupid white man whinging that Hadith is taken literally.

That's the point you dumb ****, Salafism is Islamic

(I'm White and non-Muslim before anyone says I am racist against White people)
Original post by EccentricDiamond
Are you actually that thick?

Do you always answer a question with a question?
Reply 24
The guy in the blue sweater is a complete moron, he wants to believe Islam is peaceful so he wants to change Islam to something which isn't Islamic.

At least the Imam is honest, refuses to condemn the killing of apostates (which is Islamic), takes a potshot at the Jews, everyone claps.
Original post by WhiteFuture
We need a return to old Britain that was full of British people instead of ethnically destroying it and calling it diversity.

It's a bit late for that. How would you achieve that? Chuck all the foreigners out?

Also, define "British" people. Or are you going to wriggle out of it like EccentricDiamond?
We need a return to old Britain that was full of British people instead of ethnically destroying it and calling it diversity.

It is what it is.

You can call me a hater but most non-White people who come here are shocked at what they see.

As a non-white person who came here, how so?

What do you mean they are shocked by what they say? Shocked about what? Please elaborate further.
Original post by antipol
The guy in the blue sweater is a complete moron, he wants to believe Islam is peaceful so he wants to change Islam to something which isn't Islamic.
Religion is what you make out of it. Without its believers, it doesn't exist.

So, people can develop their own interpretation of Islam, just like they can develop their interpretation of Christianity, Buddhism etc : religions are not copy-righted, and you can put on your religion any label you want

Yes, people will attack you and criticise you ("my Islam is right, yours is wrong") : but, what do you care ? it's between you and your "God"
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by mariachi
Religion is what you make out of it. Without its believers, it doesn't exist.

So, people can develop their own interpretation of Islam, just like they can develop their interpretation of Christianity, Buddhism etc : religions are not copy-righted, and you can put on your religion any label you want

Yes, people will attack you and criticise you : but, what do you care ? it's between you and your "God"

That's such a Protestant thing to say.
Reply 29
Original post by Dinasaurus
As a non-white person who came here, how so?

What do you mean they are shocked by what they say? Shocked about what? Please elaborate further.

Ignore that racist buffoon.

Discussing and criticising Islam is fine, attacking people based on race is never acceptable.
Original post by antipol
That's such a Protestant thing to say.
even if we should always beware from making these far too easy historical parallels, a Reformation would be just what Islam needs

recuperate a direct link to God, and reduce the role of intermediaries as much as possible. And yes, Sheyk Google is by far the most accessible and democratic of all.

look at what the printing press did for the Christian Reformation : well, the internet and Sheyk Google may do something similar for Islam in our times
(edited 8 years ago)
We need a return to old Britain that was full of British people.
it started with the Romans, and from then on it went downhill fast... the Saxons, the Danes, the Normans .. and now the "immigrants"... what next ?

the world is going crazy : bring back good old Neanderthal Britain. Down with homo sapiens.
Original post by mariachi
it started with the Romans, and from then on it went downhill fast... the Saxons, the Danes, the Normans .. and now the "immigrants"... what next ?

the world is going crazy : bring back good old Neanderthal Britain. Down with homo sapiens.

Don't forget the Jutes and the Picts.
Original post by TheArtofProtest

Adam Deen, in that debate, also engaged in some dubious debating and general scaremongering. Yes, he brought up apostasy because it is a crime in some Muslim countries but it isn't at all relevant to Muslims in Britain today.

He could have talked about any of the issues plaguing Muslims in Britain today (drugs, gangs, prisons etc etc)

Yes, leaving one's religion should not be punishable by death but I can't support Adam Deen on this one. He came to the debate with one point, and that was of apostasy, a concept which probably is irrelevant to the 3.5 million Muslims in the UK.

"probably is irrelevant to the 3.5 million Muslims in the UK" = you have no clue what you are talking about. You are making baseless assumptions.

You say regarding apostasy laws "it isn't at all relevant to Muslims in Britain today" but you do not explain how/why this is the case. Could it be that "the unbelievers" would not tolerate "muslims" killing ex muslims who leave islam? Well what about tomorrow, will the islamic apostasy laws be "irrelevant" to an ever growing "muslim" community? Hypothetically, britian could become a nation that is governed completely by sharia law at some point in the future. As khalid mahmood said in condemning "muslims" calling for sharia "you (muslims) can only call for sharia when muslims are predominant ( I can dig up source if needed"). The word "predominant" means "greater in number". Your future, or non future as some could argue, will be determined by numbers.
Original post by mkap
the vast majority of british muslims have integrated fine in British society. its the extreme ones who go OTT and ruin things for us by giving us a dumb label.

To be honest, when we see things like how much dislike there is among British "moderate" Muslims towards people like Maajid Nawaz, along with other things like how many British Muslims are so keen to blame the West every time a terrorist attack happens, it's very easy to question the assumption that "the vast majority of British Muslims have integrated fine in British society".

Plus I'd say you're not really in a position to make such a claim given your support for Sharia. Nobody who would even consider allowing sharia here can be considered integrated in British society.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mactotaur
Don't forget the Jutes and the Picts.

Sometimes I'm walking around Cheddar Gorge and Stone Henge and it feels like I'm in Islamibad!!
Reply 36
Original post by Hydeman
You don't have to be violent to be an extremist. :rolleyes: The views held by much of this 'vast majority' are decidedly not indicative of a successful integration into British society.

nice signature !!!
Islam isn't compatible with British culture unless it is reformed.
Original post by mkap
the vast majority of british muslims have integrated fine in British society. its the extreme ones who go OTT and ruin things for us by giving us a dumb label.

would you say that the majority of muslims don't live in basically purely muslim communities in the UK, though?
I think personally, this generation, we kinda already have British Islam tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending