The Student Room Group

AQA Physics New spec Paper 1 and 2 ( 24th May and 9th June) exam discussion

Exams are round the corner, less then 10 weeks now.

So made this thread that we can use for various things from discussing revision techniques and websites to question predictions and after sitting both exams we can talk about answers we got and possible grade boundaries.

Enjoy!!!!
I recently did a mock and didn't do well, clearly my revision technique isn't up to sctrach
Reply 2
What exam boards are u guys doing? Mine is AQA and the textbooks aren't that great :frown:(. Im really struggling but i am determined to get at least a B/A....anyone got any useful tips or revision materials they know.
Anyone done the second set of specimen papers (not on the website)?
Reply 4
Original post by h8skoooooool
Anyone done the second set of specimen papers (not on the website)?

Is there a second set??! If yes, please can you send us a link. Will be appreciated !:smile:
Original post by swellow5
Is there a second set??! If yes, please can you send us a link. Will be appreciated !:smile:

Ah I would but only the teachers have access to it atm, so you should ask your teacher for a copy if they aren't giving it to you for a mock. I don't have a link sorry :frown:
Reply 6
Yeah did the second set. The graph question wss horrendous
Reply 7
Quick question, in the experiment where yiu drop a ball from a height and measure g in the end whst could the sources of error be
Original post by 11234
Yeah did the second set. The graph question wss horrendous

Which one? There were a couple I think, the worst was the one on the second paper where you had to draw a line of best fit and it looked linear but it was actually a curve :angry:

How did you do? Do you mind if I ask what mark or grade you got?
Reply 9
Original post by h8skoooooool
Which one? There were a couple I think, the worst was the one on the second paper where you had to draw a line of best fit and it looked linear but it was actually a curve :angry:

How did you do? Do you mind if I ask what mark or grade you got?

We didnt get the full paper but on paper 1 43/60 and paper 2 51/58
Reply 10
Original post by smallbluebrain
I recently did a mock and didn't do well, clearly my revision technique isn't up to sctrach

Hey.

I know this was a month ago, can I ask if you remember any questions at all from the mock? The wording, topics, anything?

Thanks, dude.
hows eveeones revision going ?
Reply 12
Could someone please explain how many significant figures to use pls.
Reply 13
And limitations too. I just dont get them. Like the sources of error in an experiment. Just how do you do thwm???
Original post by 11234
Could someone please explain how many significant figures to use pls.

Depends on the question. If the question gives you values limited to 2 significant figures then your answers should be 2 sig figs.
Reply 15
Should I give 3 sf unless the question specifies something about degree of accuracy then?

Quick Reply

Latest