The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography Study Group 2022-2023

Welcome to the GCSE Geography Study Group!

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your GCSE exams this summer.

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for!

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications:

AQA Spec

Edexcel Spec A

Edexcel Spec B

OCR A Spec

OCR B Spec

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this!

Scroll to see replies

Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
Hi guys, this is a notion document i made for geography which has the specification and all relevant content in there. It is not finished yet (missing two or three topics) but it has all the case studies, statistics and exam questions too. Hope this helps :smile:
https://intelligent-indigo-e0a.notion.site/Geog-92d0f46b7a874fd994b8be2b54135c0e
Original post by deadcoolpanda
Hi guys, this is a notion document i made for geography which has the specification and all relevant content in there. It is not finished yet (missing two or three topics) but it has all the case studies, statistics and exam questions too. Hope this helps :smile:
https://intelligent-indigo-e0a.notion.site/Geog-92d0f46b7a874fd994b8be2b54135c0e

Is this for AQA?
OCR B specification, sorry i forgot to mention in original post
Reply 5
im not doing OCR, im doing AQA but your notion document is so organized and neat!! I honestly love it !! It actually inspired me to make my own one but on AQA. Thank you.
Original post by studeer
im not doing OCR, im doing AQA but your notion document is so organized and neat!! I honestly love it !! It actually inspired me to make my own one but on AQA. Thank you.

hey @studeer if you've made one for aqa, would you mind sharing it? It would be so helpful
I'm also doing aqa geo (this year)

thank you
Reply 8
Does anyone have Edexcel Spec A recourses?
Original post by Georg0
Does anyone have Edexcel Spec A recourses?

i do :smile:
Hello everyone!

How is your geography revision going? Has anyone come across any more useful resources or helpful tips?

GCSE Geography Study Group

(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Pwca
Hello everyone!

How is your geography revision going? Has anyone come across any more useful resources or helpful tips?

GCSE Geography Study Group

I would suggest you memorise 4/5 facts for each case study and practice a lot of past papers.:smile:
OCR B

Original post by Grey007
Is this for AQA?
for me geography is just rote memorisation with a bit of understanding cos its not hard to understand
OCR B specification, sorry i forgot to mention in original post

No problem, thank you so much! :smile:
Hey! How is everyone revising for geography? I'm doing aqa and really trying to go from a my current grade of a low 8 to a 9. I'm generally okay with the theory it's just I find geo exams very heavily time pressured and because of that I don't really think/ plan longer marked responses so often they're clunky and don't make sense. Any advice for this other than practice under timed conditions? Also for the ones which include spag, does it expect you to use fancy punctuation like colons or is it just a case of 3 marks if there are no errors? Just realising now that I've never done a question where spag is involved too lol.

How do AQA people here feel about the topic of this year's prerelease also
Original post by Caotica
Hey! How is everyone revising for geography? I'm doing aqa and really trying to go from a my current grade of a low 8 to a 9. I'm generally okay with the theory it's just I find geo exams very heavily time pressured and because of that I don't really think/ plan longer marked responses so often they're clunky and don't make sense. Any advice for this other than practice under timed conditions? Also for the ones which include spag, does it expect you to use fancy punctuation like colons or is it just a case of 3 marks if there are no errors? Just realising now that I've never done a question where spag is involved too lol.

i do aqa geo but ive never heard of a pre-release can you explain what it is.
It basically a big booklet of sources that gets released end of Marchish (2023s came out on the 23rd march and I think it's about tourism). When you go back over Easter your teacher will probably go through it with you but basically you get a blank copy of it in paper 3 and will have to refer to the figures in it for the first part of paper 3
Have you not been given it? I did aqa geo gcse. There are three papers. Paper 1-Physical geography,paper2- Human geography, Paper 3- fieldwork and pre-release
Pre-release is where you are given a booklet to study and then given a blank one in the exam, questions about the booklet will come up
AQA released it on 24th March. If you are not given it the next time you see your geo teacher ask them about it
Original post by Caotica

You could try asking for extra time and doing the extra time test. SPAG is spelling, punctuation and grammer. It just wants you to get it right. If you want to use colons sure but make sure you use it correctly
I am aqa geography too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending